Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 23, 2014 at 11:29 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: James Harrison  (Read 1036 times)
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« on: Nov 06, 2007 at 06:51 »

First of all, Willis McGahee is a heck of a player.  He's got a stiffarm that is absolutely awesome.  And that stiff arm told us something about James Harrison last night.

Not that we need to know anything else about him that we didn't learn by last night's performance.  This just verified what we already suspected:  Harrison is a beast that no one noticed until MNF.  

But all this brings me to my second point:  What makes Harrison special.

The play that sums it up for me was when he came in on McGahee and got that patented stiffarm.  To his credit, he pushed Harrison off and kept going.  But to Harrison's credit, he went to his knees, regained his balance, and CAME BACK to make the tackle on McGahee's ankle.  Wow!

It wasn't the biggest play of the night for him, but I think it's what sets him apart from a lot of other guys.  He's not the biggest guy and may not be the fastest (although he ain't slow).  But he has great strength, great balance, great change of direction, and he DOES - NOT - QUIT!  That tenacity is what makes him different.  A lot of guys would have just flopped on the stiffarm, but Harrison recovers and makes the play.  Same with the first fumble by McNair.  This guy has the "it" that it takes to be great.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Hercules50

« Reply #1 on: Nov 06, 2007 at 07:10 »

That play caught my eye, too, Preach. Well said.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Nov 06, 2007 at 07:38 »

Harrison sucks.  

First, he's no Joey Porter, and second, he's too short to play OLB.  He's only 5'11", and you have to be at least 6'2" to play that spot well.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Hercules50

« Reply #3 on: Nov 06, 2007 at 07:46 »

Harrison sucks.  

First, he's no Joey Porter, and second, he's too short to play OLB.  He's only 5'11", and you have to be at least 6'2" to play that spot well.
And didn't he play college ball in the MAC?

No one good can come out of there.  
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Nov 06, 2007 at 08:22 »

Harrison sucks. 

First, he's no Joey Porter, and second, he's too short to play OLB.  He's only 5'11", and you have to be at least 6'2" to play that spot well.
And didn't he play college ball in the MAC?

No one good can come out of there.
I think silverback was ready to rip out Steve Young's throat for saying he went to U of Akron.  He really gave E. smith the evil eye as well, when he referred to the day when the steelers waved Harrison.

and of course Crazy Eyes Killa was his usual tarded self during the post game.

Boo Ya!

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
polishpower
No longer a N00b!

« Reply #5 on: Nov 06, 2007 at 15:50 »

The stiff arm was ok.  But i like the hit on Ed Reed better.  Or how he steamrolled his tackler after his pick.  Or how he powerbombed a bengal.  And a fan.  

My two favorite off-field Steeler facts are that Troy drives a Kia and Harrison lifts 3 times a day.  
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Nov 06, 2007 at 16:07 »

Or how he steamrolled his tackler after his pick.
I don't know about you guys, but after he snagged that pick and started runnin' it back, as soon as there were a few defenders around, he sure looked like he was trying to initiate contact with the player (Mason?) that was trying to tackle him.

Almost as if he said, "Fuck it, I ain't gonna get much more yardage so I might as well take one of these bastards down with me."

If Tomlin let him, I bet that he'd want to play both ways and be a FB too.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #7 on: Nov 06, 2007 at 17:18 »

If Tomlin let him, I bet that he'd want to play both ways and be a FB too.
Oh, there's no doubt about it.  And it's the reason they took him off one of the ST's, forget which.  You want that guy at full power when he's lining up for D.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
PittsburghPA
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Nov 06, 2007 at 17:25 »

James Harrison: Killin' punk mu'fuckas since 2005. :ph43r:  

Q: What's the difference between "hard" and "light"?
A: You can sleep with a light on.
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Nov 06, 2007 at 19:50 »

Silverback's been a MNF stud since he picked off a pass and hurdled LaDainian Tomlinson in his first start.

He played some fullback in the goalline drills in the last two training camps.

Woodley was on the radio answering a friendly question about the biggest difference between pro guys and college guys (which seemed to reference the opposition he was facing) and he said the biggest difference he could tell was "people like James Harrison, that man is a beast" or something.

And Silverback aaaaand his ride are super juiced. He got some microchip put into his Mercedes SL that allows him to go well in excess of the "governed" 160 mph or whatever.

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: