Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 23, 2014 at 10:21 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tonight is absolutely HUGE  (Read 1216 times)
Winters in Holland
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #10 on: Nov 05, 2007 at 14:11 »

Part of the reason I think this game is huge is because, if we can win, we stand a very good chance at going into the New England game at 10-2.

After the Ravens, we have Cleveland, NY Jets, Miami, and Cincy.  Those last 3 teams have 4 combined wins.

I know the schedule ends up having its share of games that we envision as a win, and the Steelers end up losing, or we think they'll lose, and they end up pulling out...but they should be favored in all of those games, and should be able to sweep the lot.

While I agree that the Steelers haven't had that one "marquee" win yet, this season is very much shaping up like 2005: everyone's focus is on the Colts and Patriots, allowing the Steelers to cruise along relatively unnoticed in the background.

.WiH.

I don't care if Lovie Smith and Tony Dungy are black. Good for them. But that doesn't change the way I feel about them. The longer we keep looking at guys like Tony Dungy and Lovie Smith as "BLACK HEAD COACHES" as opposed to just "coaches" the longer race will continue to be a problem. --DoctorJohnnyFever
mrblack66
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #11 on: Nov 05, 2007 at 15:12 »

concerned about the big  rain coming may favor the Ravens.

hope Im wrong, because this is a must win.

I'm not cryin'. It's just been raining... on my face.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Nov 05, 2007 at 23:34 »

Prophetic thread title.  They did come up HUGE tonight.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Nov 06, 2007 at 04:13 »

We have a nice record, but let's face it, we haven't beaten any team that's better than average, if that. (And this goes back to last year, where we put togehter a 6-2 finish beating Tampa, Carolina, Cleveland...). I think the best team we played is Buffalo, considering the Browns spotted us an edge by playing Frye.

I think it doesnt matter what type of team you play, its how you play them.  back in 05 we finished up with Min, Clev, and Det.  all crap teams that year, but the element was we smoked all three of those teams leading into the playoffs.

we were hot and on fire and not one team was ready for the Pittsburgh onslaught in the playoffs...especially the colts and Broncos.

Its not like we got blown out by the cards or broncos...in fact, coming back the way we did in both contests really shows this team has some great character and a never quit attitude.

If we got blown out by the cards like we did to the ratties last night, then we could say, hey, maybe our record isnt a good indicator of our teams abilities.

#1 defense in the league goes a long way and pretty much makes us a contender already.  in all reality, this team will go as far as Ben will take it.  Sure the defense is lights out, but if Ben is able to keep his head on straight, then the sky is the limit.

It was a huge game allright...really showed me the coaching staff is willing to take and exploit what a defense is giving them.  it also helped we have FUBARd the once mighty raven Defense and retaining our divisional lead.
« Last Edit: Nov 06, 2007 at 04:14 by jackSplat58 » Logged

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
Hercules50

« Reply #14 on: Nov 06, 2007 at 07:12 »

We have a nice record, but let's face it, we haven't beaten any team that's better than average, if that. (And this goes back to last year, where we put togehter a 6-2 finish beating Tampa, Carolina, Cleveland...). I think the best team we played is Buffalo, considering the Browns spotted us an edge by playing Frye.

I think it doesnt matter what type of team you play, its how you play them.  back in 05 we finished up with Min, Clev, and Det.  all crap teams that year, but the element was we smoked all three of those teams leading into the playoffs.

You're right.

Sometimes I'll discount a team based on their schedule (not just the Steelers) but I have to remind myself, too, that this is the NFL, and any team you beat is a tough win.

Good point and well said.  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: