Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 25, 2014 at 12:41 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Mel Blount sideline interview  (Read 1046 times)
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« on: Nov 06, 2007 at 08:31 »

Did everyone else see it?  He was actually ANGRY that the Raven's O was so bad; it was like he was offended.

I would love to have that YouTube clip, I could watch it every day.  

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
Hercules50

« Reply #1 on: Nov 06, 2007 at 08:32 »

That was awesome. Ravens message boards on ESPN were full of arguments about it, too: some saying that it was disrespectful for him to call the Ravens offense pathetic and not worthy of being called professionals....othe rs saying he was just telling the truth.
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Nov 06, 2007 at 08:44 »

I was at the Meadows 2 weekends ago as me and the Mrs were walking in, I see this dude wearing a cowboy hat leaving the place.  I always get a kick out of dudes wearing cowboy gear, since you know the cattle ranges in PA are something to behold.  I asked my wife who the hell does this guy think he is...Mel Blount or something.  sure as shit it was him.

I didnt see his interview last night, but it couldnt have been any worse than Randy Cross this morning on 'moving the chains', when he flat out said the Balty O sucked.

I never thought Cross was a Steeler supporter with the whole Jealousy thing of us having 5 super bowl wins as the niners 'n all.  But he has sure been singing our praise since he did our game against Cincy the last 2 weeks.

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
mrblack66
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #3 on: Nov 06, 2007 at 09:05 »

I have to see this. priceless.

I'm not cryin'. It's just been raining... on my face.
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Nov 06, 2007 at 11:08 »

I laughed my ass off when he said pathetic. Then to call them out as non-professionals was just classic. Has there been a 6'5" CB in the league since him?
Hercules50

« Reply #5 on: Nov 06, 2007 at 11:10 »

I laughed my ass off when he said pathetic. Then to call them out as non-professionals was just classic. Has there been a 6'5" CB in the league since him?
I think the rules changes of 1978 and afterward killed the big physical corner.  
Hercules50

« Reply #6 on: Nov 06, 2007 at 11:11 »

Here's the clip:

mrblack66
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #7 on: Nov 06, 2007 at 11:59 »

that was great

got to love Mel

I'm not cryin'. It's just been raining... on my face.
Hercules50

« Reply #8 on: Nov 06, 2007 at 12:01 »

I love that the question is set up as a softball for Mel to say something nice about our defense.

So he basically goes out of his way to call the Ravens pathetic and unprofessional!!!!

It makes me wonder if the 1970s Steelers had a kind of contempt for the offenses they dominated -- like the more they dominated, the more angry they got at them for being "unprofessional"!

And there were a lot of terrible offenses in the 1970s for them to hate...
« Last Edit: Nov 06, 2007 at 12:01 by Hercules50 » Logged
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Nov 06, 2007 at 13:39 »

Not in the AFC Central there weren't.  Those were some violent football games on bof sides of the ball.

When you are a member of the Steel Curtain you can pretty much say whatever the F you want.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Hercules50

« Reply #10 on: Nov 06, 2007 at 13:53 »

Not in the AFC Central there weren't.  Those were some violent football games on bof sides of the ball.

When you are a member of the Steel Curtain you can pretty much say whatever the F you want.
The Bengals, Browns, and Oilers each suffered some down years during that time, especially on offense, but point taken.

People forget, when they compare dynasties, that the Steelers rose to the top in an era of great teams. Not only did they compete with the Cowboys, Dolphins, Raiders, and Vikings for the top in the playoffs, but the Central was brutal at times.

I think the 1975 team went 12-2, winning the division when the Bengals and Oilers both went 11-3 or something close to that.  
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Nov 06, 2007 at 13:56 »

It's almost as though pushing the league to 32 teams somehow diluted the talent pool.  Weird.

Yeah, gotta agree with Pens.  If Mel said deep-fried dogshit tasted good, not only would I be like OK, dude's got the right to an opinion, I'd probably be dropping some Fido-patties into the Fry Daddy the next day.  Well, Mel Blount said they were good, so I gots to believe him...

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: