Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 19, 2014 at 19:45 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lost in the shuffle  (Read 788 times)
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Nov 06, 2007 at 09:37 »

The night definitely belonged to #92, (Kolber: How does it feel to have a night like this one?  #92: It feels alright.  Kolber:  Very nonchalant.  Why is that?  #92:  It's only one game.)  but it was great to see Troy flying around too.  Looked to me he might be getting back to 2005 form.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Hercules50

« Reply #1 on: Nov 06, 2007 at 09:39 »

Great observation.

I hope this will be part of an upward trend for Polamalu.

Also, I hope this isn't a fluky one-time burst of ferocity from Harrison, and that what we saw was the light come on for this guy.  
Winters in Holland
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #2 on: Nov 06, 2007 at 10:03 »

Good spot.  I thought Polamalu looked excellent as well.

.WiH.

I don't care if Lovie Smith and Tony Dungy are black. Good for them. But that doesn't change the way I feel about them. The longer we keep looking at guys like Tony Dungy and Lovie Smith as "BLACK HEAD COACHES" as opposed to just "coaches" the longer race will continue to be a problem. --DoctorJohnnyFever
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Nov 06, 2007 at 15:25 »

yeah he looked great.  i was a little worried after a late tackle of McGahee when they were looking at his shoulder, but he was back in on the next series.  great to see him causing havoc.

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Nov 06, 2007 at 15:37 »

Not to be critical, but does anyone else wish the dude would come under control a little bit just before trying to make a tackle?  For every big play he makes (read: the slap on the ball forcing McGahee to fumble), he seems to fly into the backfield and whiff on the ballcarrier more often than you'd like to see.

When he does this, it usually results in the runner having to adjust his route into another defender so it's not really a problem, but still...

Fly to a spot; break down; hit and wrap.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
dcity21

« Reply #5 on: Nov 08, 2007 at 21:35 »

yeah i know what you mean..

but i honestly would not even try to change him.. He's lucky to have a whole field full of Black and Gold around him so when it happens usually the CB's, an LB, or even a DE will clean it up pretty quickly.. The way this team gets to the ball they can afford to go for KO shots in the backfield or the middle of the field (basically when they have someone behind them)..  

and besides that when he connects on those hits he is leaving a little something in that players head for the next time he gets the ball..

"i don't know Nutting about baseball.. but i know about Nutting over making some cash.." Ownership ROCKS!!!
jcharding
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #6 on: Nov 09, 2007 at 09:16 »

It seems like LeBeau disagrees with the common opinion about Troy.  After noting Troy's noticable work against Baltimore, today's Trib article said:

"Polamalu made other plays against the Ravens that were less noticeable but no less essential, in the estimation of Steelers defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau.
"He had a tremendous game," LeBeau said. "I can remember four or five plays that were potentially threatening plays to us that Troy just erased. He does that pretty much on a weekly basis." "

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburgh...s/s_537074.html

I don't need no stinking avatar!
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Nov 09, 2007 at 12:34 »

Not to be critical, but does anyone else wish the dude would come under control a little bit just before trying to make a tackle?

I do!  I do!

Seriously, I liked the way we played vs. Seattle when Clark and Simmons were in there.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying to get rid of Troy, but there have been times that I felt his "wildness" cost us, and I think it sometimes hurts his ability to cover.  

On the other hand, LeBeau obviously sees things that we don't, so maybe the concern is a bit overblown.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Nov 09, 2007 at 13:22 »

This to me sounds alot like the point that Ben needs to improve his decision making and throw the ball away more or take a sack.  Can a leopard change his spots?

Yes, there is room for improvement in the mental aspects in the play of #7 and #43.  But I wonder... if you take away the "wildness", don't you also risk losing the more spectacular aspects of their game too?  

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: