Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 20, 2014 at 04:02 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Observations  (Read 1235 times)
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Nov 11, 2007 at 19:33 »

1.  Do we need to fire Ligasheski or whatever the eff our special team's coach's name is?  It's great that he ran up and down the sidelines yelling in training camp, but like Jay Hayes told me last week, he's no Bobby April.

2.  This was a Mike Tomlin win.  I'll bet he was all business in the locker room at halftime.

3.  The girl at the bar next to me asked me more than once,  who was fatter, Charlie Weis or Romeo Cennel?  

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Nov 11, 2007 at 20:31 »

1. Do we need to fire Ligasheski or whatever the eff our special team's coach's name is? It's great that he ran up and down the sidelines yelling in training camp, but like Jay Hayes told me last week, he's no Bobby April.

On the td return, I could understand a little.  We got sucked in on the fumble and the guy basically just got lucky.  The issue is that we regularly give up huge returns, a minimum of one a game.  Inexcusable.

2. This was a Mike Tomlin win. I'll bet he was all business in the locker room at halftime.

See SCacalaki's post

3. The girl at the bar next to me asked me more than once, who was fatter, Charlie Weis or Romeo Cennel?

I think Weiss is fatter, but I've never seen him actually try to run.  I nearly shat myself when Romeo was running onto the field to throw the challenge flag.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Nov 11, 2007 at 20:32 »

1. Do we need to fire Ligasheski or whatever the eff our special team's coach's name is? It's great that he ran up and down the sidelines yelling in training camp, but like Jay Hayes told me last week, he's no Bobby April.

Yes. Someone has got to be accountable. Can't fire all the players.

2. This was a Mike Tomlin win. I'll bet he was all business in the locker room at halftime.

The even keel shit went a long way today. Then again so did LeBeau's defensive scheme. As did Roethlisberger's tremendous poise.

3. The girl at the bar next to me asked me more than once, who was fatter, Charlie Weis or Romeo Cennel?

Sounds like she was drunk? Shouldve dropped a fat **** LeBeau joke on her.

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
DoctorJohnnyFever
No longer a N00b!

« Reply #3 on: Nov 11, 2007 at 20:33 »

Josh Cribbs deserves a little credit. He may play for the Browns, but outside of Hester, he's the best in the business at what he does.

Just sayin'.

"The MGS board is regarded here as a board with adult rated content. There are virtually no rules. There are no words that are inappropriate and no subject that cannot be discussed. Should you feel the need to get crazy, do it there. You will be welcomed with open arms."

pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Nov 11, 2007 at 20:42 »

The even keel shit went a long way today. Then again so did LeBeau's defensive scheme. As did Roethlisberger's tremendous poise

BR was lights out.  Straight ballin'.

**** called a great second half, no doubt.  It just seemed to me like it was execution got the job done, and that comes back RC HC Tomlin.

I think Weiss is fatter, but I've never seen him actually try to run. I nearly shat myself when Romeo was running onto the field to throw the challenge flag.

Yeah, but Weis is like a foot taller, so you how do you define "fatter"?  Is it just weight, or a height-weight ratio?  
« Last Edit: Nov 11, 2007 at 20:44 by pensodyssey » Logged

A shabby Charlie Brown.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #5 on: Nov 11, 2007 at 21:36 »

3.  The girl at the bar next to me asked me more than once,  who was fatter, Charlie Weis or Romeo Cennel?
Chuck Mangino.  He could eat them both.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Nov 11, 2007 at 21:51 »

I think Weiss is fatter, but I've never seen him actually try to run.  I nearly shat myself when Romeo was running onto the field to throw the challenge flag.
i dont think he caught his breath until midway through the 4th quarter, either.

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #7 on: Nov 12, 2007 at 07:21 »

Josh Cribbs deserves a little credit. He may play for the Browns, but outside of Hester, he's the best in the business at what he does.

Just sayin'.
I agree DJF. Maybe we should look at Cribbs when he is a RFA or UFA.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
Hercules50

« Reply #8 on: Nov 12, 2007 at 07:44 »

I think Weiss is fatter, but I've never seen him actually try to run. I nearly shat myself when Romeo was running onto the field to throw the challenge flag.

Yeah, but Weis is like a foot taller, so you how do you define "fatter"?  Is it just weight, or a height-weight ratio?
I think it's ratio. Romeo is about 5'4" -- in all directions. There's a symmetry to his girth that shows he's turned it into an art form. Body-sculpting.

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Nov 13, 2007 at 14:01 »

Weiss is in the Andy Reid, Russ Grimm category.  Crennel looks like your prototypical, no-necked NT that occupies two O-linemen on each play.

Definitely Crennel.  And, it's not even close.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: