Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 01, 2014 at 18:45 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 ... 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sorry, but this ticks me off  (Read 2496 times)
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« on: Nov 12, 2007 at 11:22 »

Well this is the first game in a long time I've just stopped watching. Embarassing and I have better things to do with my life than watch this shit festival. Not many times you'll hear that out of me but this one of those times. Tired of watching this team not give a shit any time they have a chance to create some real distance in the division.

There have been times that I've turned off the tv during a game, just to let myself calm down.  I specifically remember in '97, the wife and I turned the tube off when we were down to the Ravens 14-0, and Krodel had thrown his third INT.  After a little afternoon delight, we flipped back on just in time to see Will Blackwell make it 24-14 to start the second half.  So now, when the Stillers are losing, I just give the wife a  ;) and she knows it's time to get them back on the winning track.  :100%:

But, I digress...

I apologize to the poster, but this sort of attitude just pisses me off to no end.  I've been that frustrated, maybe even said things that I shouldn't have about my fan-hood, etc.  But give me a friggin break!  They're 7-2, they're leading the division, and they WON the game!  At least wait and see what happens before you talk about giving up on the team.  Wait and see if Big Ben Godsend can bring us back from the dead before you start expressing this kind of frustration.

Yeah, I've got better things to do as well.  I'm sure we all do.  But I don't have any hobbies outside of football/sports.  So while other people are line dancing or doing macrame or knitting booties, I'm watching the Steelers/Furman/Tennessee and chatting on the message boards, and that's what I do.  I watched in 1998, 99, 03, and 06 when we sucked, so I'm sure not going to flip off the tube when we're 7-2, just because we're having a bad game.  

I get sick of people who say they are Notre Dame fans, but they're not fans this year because ND sucks.  I get sick of people who are Tennessee fans, but they pull AGAINST UT because they want Fulmer gone.  I get mad at Furman fans (yes, FURMAN fans) who say, "I'm not going to the games until they fire the coach."  Yeah, that's really helping the situation!  

And I get sick of Steeler fans who want to bail because we don't go 16-0 and win the Super Bowl every season.  

If you're a Steeler fan, then be a Steeler fan.  Don't quit, don't give up, and don't turn off the tv--unless you can get a little action at halftime!!!  Even then, you should come back energized for the 2nd half!!!   :D  You stick with your team, through thick and thin, and if it's "thin" then you start talking about next week/next year.

Don't be a fair weather fan--just be a fan!

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Nov 12, 2007 at 11:46 »

Amen, brother!

Couldn't have said it better myself.

:towel:  :towel:  :towel:  

I'm still the one with the boobs.
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Nov 12, 2007 at 11:52 »

After a little afternoon delight,

my wife told me, they outlawed that a few years ago...im not sure if she is on the up n up with that one after reading this.

Yeah, I've got better things to do as well. I'm sure we all do.

I dont...see first point.

look at you though...so its safe to assume you watched the 2nd half with a big smile on your face then?

thats what i would call the full benny package.

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Nov 12, 2007 at 12:21 »

look at you though...so its safe to assume you watched the 2nd half with a big smile on your face then?

thats what i would call the full benny package.

lol...not so much.  Having older kids in the house makes it a little tougher these days.  Plus, we don't have three levels anymore like we used to!

But it's time to call BS on your missus...although that's much more creative than, "I have a headache!"  When my wife tries that I just pull up some Marvin Gaye on Itunes.

Seriously, thank goodness that I have a wife who is almost as into the Steelers as I am.  It makes for very pleasant Sunday afternoons!

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Burton

« Reply #4 on: Nov 12, 2007 at 16:44 »

No offense here, but I couldn't care less about your opinion.  And i don't know why you dont bother attributing the comment to me (act like a grown up, this "somebody said" crap pisses me off).  It's not like I care one way or the other about you.  Plus it's not like it's not easy enough to find on this site.  

It was frustration and justified at that.  That was a game where we looked like shit for all of it that I saw and based on that had no right to win.  If not for one person on the team, we probably would have (from what i heard).  Our special teams did everything they could to lose it.  I thought our defense looked pedestrian at best, as there were more errors made by anderson than caused by our defense.  He misfired on so many throws I would have thrown my tv out the window if I were a browns fan.  Our defense stopped a running back that is way past his prime, woopty fucking do.  Offensively, stupid ass playcalling, dropped passed by recievers and mediocre as usual line play.  

Sorry if I decided to go do some other stuff with my afternoon after watching a team come out of the tunnel that looked like they couldn't care less about being on the field (admittedly up to that point where I said that).  Sorry if I offended you or whatever, but this team had everything to play for, including but not limited to a stranglehold on the division title, not to mention bigger implications playoff wise and they come out and lay a fucking egg all over the place, especially at the beginning of the game when they should have come out frothing at the fucking mouth.  The more than likely reality is that if you want this team to come anywhere near the super bowl you need them to have the number 2 seed and hope someone else takes care of NE.  Doesn't seem to sink in with this team and that frustrates me.  If they cant get excited for a game that (should) mean a lot to them (not even mentioning the historical rivalry) then that's kinda disgusting to me.  Sorry that I was angry that their give a shit seemed broken.

I kinda regret what I said and that I did miss what sounded like a decent and exciting half of football.  To be honest, I had second thoughts about posting it one second after I did, I just didn't bother to go back and edit it out of the forum.  Didn't expect it to flame up any ....well nevermind with that thought.  I'd like to continue this but i don't really wanna say anything that'll make me fair game for a banning by one mod who's privately stated to me his "great joy he'd get from banning my sorry ass".  Or something like that, which is actually why I dont post very often on here anymore.  

P4P: 2:26AM. Drunk as hall. Blurd vission. Nobody to bithc to. Fuick!!

Shine on you crazy diamond, shine on.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Nov 12, 2007 at 17:29 »

I never shut off the game. Never. Of course, we're usually at the bar, but we always stay until the end...win or lose.

The Steelers make a game interesting, more often than not.

Can't cop a fuckin' ring in November...just collect some wins and work on getting a favorable playoff seeding. That's what they're doing.

I remember a couple years back when we were all discussing how the Steelers would have to win out to make the playoffs and someone said (maybe Preach) that even if they did make the playoffs, they wouldn't be able to make much noise. No one really disagreed at the time, but they did end up making some noise.

I've seen the Steelers look golden in late Oct. / early November beating the eventual Superbowl participants on successive weeks.

I'd rather have them play their dream game in January, when that's exactly what it might take to advance.

leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Nov 12, 2007 at 18:13 »

I never shut off the game. Never. Of course, we're usually at the bar, but we always stay until the end...win or lose.

The Steelers make a game interesting, more often than not.

Can't cop a fuckin' ring in November...just collect some wins and work on getting a favorable playoff seeding. That's what they're doing.

I remember a couple years back when we were all discussing how the Steelers would have to win out to make the playoffs and someone said (maybe Preach) that even if they did make the playoffs, they wouldn't be able to make much noise. No one really disagreed at the time, but they did end up making some noise.

I've seen the Steelers look golden in late Oct. / early November beating the eventual Superbowl participants on successive weeks.

I'd rather have them play their dream game in January, when that's exactly what it might take to advance.
As usual, Oat & I are on the same page.

Hell, Burton, why do you have to qualify your fanhood?
Are you only a fan when Ben has a perfect passer rating?  And when James Harrison has a game that is better than a lot of careers?
I hate to think what you were saying last year...

I'm still the one with the boobs.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #7 on: Nov 12, 2007 at 18:39 »

Eh, Burton was just blowing off steam, cut the man some new slacks or maybe one of those "old man" coveralls with the zipper up the front.  Man, can't wait till I'm old enough to wear that.

« Last Edit: Nov 12, 2007 at 18:40 by jonzr » Logged

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Hercules50

« Reply #8 on: Nov 12, 2007 at 20:17 »

I thought our defense looked pedestrian at best, as there were more errors made by anderson than caused by our defense.  He misfired on so many throws I would have thrown my tv out the window if I were a browns fan.  Our defense stopped a running back that is way past his prime, woopty fucking do.

Um, what?

The Browns have one of the highest-scoring offenses in the league. But Anderson just happened to "misfire" on his lonesome -- nothing we were doing was confusing him or throwing off his rhythm. Ok. And Braylon and Winslow did nothing after tearing through the NFL the first half of the season.

Defense started the game poorly, granted. But the 2nd half performance -- where, if you would have watched the game, you would have seen us hold the Browns to ZERO first downs the entire half until their final drive -- that performance was stunning. When you consider the pressure they were under -- the needed to be perfect, and they were -- that was good stuff.

Some of your points are arguable, but to say our defense didn't play well is, frankly, retarded.
« Last Edit: Nov 12, 2007 at 20:18 by Hercules50 » Logged
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Nov 12, 2007 at 20:22 »

As usual, Oat & I are on the same page.

Otis is on page 3 too?

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Pages: [1] 2 ... 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: