Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 24, 2014 at 21:46 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sorry, but this ticks me off  (Read 2622 times)
jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #10 on: Nov 12, 2007 at 20:48 »

check Page Six.

:deadhorse:

sorry, just figured out how to use these retarded smilies and needed a reason....
« Last Edit: Nov 12, 2007 at 20:50 by jasonic » Logged

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
jasonic

« Reply #11 on: Nov 12, 2007 at 21:03 »

So, to actually make a comment on the topic of this thread....this shit pisses me off too.  there's one thing that me and my barmates (the owner of the bar included, who is a Jets fan) is that no matter how good or bad the steelers are playing, the same at least 10 deep contingent continually shows up for the games and we are the only group of fans that are like that.  When the Eagles are doing well, there's a lot of them around with their way too wordy retarded fight song.  And then when they suck, like this year, nowhere to be found.  Same goes for the Redskins.  This place used to be a Jets bar but over the last 6 years, it has turned into another stop in Steeler Country.  And this goes for any sport, why leave halfway through?  isn't that the point of playing the full game?  a little off the topic but I was at the U.S. Open a couple years ago, first time, and it was the Agassi/Blake match.  Agassi was down 2 sets to none and then at 35 years of age, came back to win with the very last possible point.  I'm not even a tennis fan and got home at like 4 in the morning on a tuesday or something, but because I stayed and watched the full match, got to see one of the best displays of sport.  So basically, don't leave early, you might miss something like the greatest comeback in history, or at least, a comeback to beat the shitstains....
« Last Edit: Nov 12, 2007 at 21:08 by jasonic » Logged

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
Burton

« Reply #12 on: Nov 12, 2007 at 21:28 »

I thought our defense looked pedestrian at best, as there were more errors made by anderson than caused by our defense.  He misfired on so many throws I would have thrown my tv out the window if I were a browns fan.  Our defense stopped a running back that is way past his prime, woopty fucking do.

Um, what?

The Browns have one of the highest-scoring offenses in the league. But Anderson just happened to "misfire" on his lonesome -- nothing we were doing was confusing him or throwing off his rhythm. Ok. And Braylon and Winslow did nothing after tearing through the NFL the first half of the season.

Defense started the game poorly, granted. But the 2nd half performance -- where, if you would have watched the game, you would have seen us hold the Browns to ZERO first downs the entire half until their final drive -- that performance was stunning. When you consider the pressure they were under -- the needed to be perfect, and they were -- that was good stuff.

Some of your points are arguable, but to say our defense didn't play well is, frankly, retarded.
Yes, the defense was pedestrian in the first half.  The prolonged drive was almost nothing but reminiscnent third and long/medium=first down.  Same shit that has been an on and off again problem the last few years.  While I will admit that obviously a qb screwing up can be defensive, anderson made some terrible throws to recievers that were wide open in situations where you could say the pass rush was lacking, to be charitable.  

If you're calling it ignorant to not assume that his errant passes were nothing short of genius defense, you need to look at it from the other perspective.  Every time a qb fucks up is NOT ALWAYS pass defense.  I saw more than one occasion throughout the game (yes, I recorded it and went back and watched most of the second half) where anderson was not in any kind of hurried situation and he was sailing balls.  Not to mention that there were obvious holes in the defense/open receivers on those plays.  Me retarded?  Maybe, but you might wanna look in the fucking mirror there einstein.  Simple answer, better quarterback more than likely has a significantly better second half and moves the ball on us.   Not saying what I saw wasn't a very significant improvement over the first half, but it was far from the "perfection" you're slobbering all over.

I'll note that you take no exception with anything else I say mainly cause it was all pretty much right.  What really pissed me off though was the lack of emotion it seemed like we showed with how much could potentially be riding on this game, both in the near and distant future.  If you can't get up and play accordingly for a game with our oldest (and most hated) rival with serious divisional and playoff implications, that's unacceptable.  Shouldn't need a half to warm up mentally for that.  Sorry if that pisses me off and I consider it unacceptable, but the the reality is that it's not acceptable and it should piss you off.  

Most of you, if not all of you seem to be so enamored with the one half of good football we played that you lose sight of how absolutely terrible that first half was.  Yet at the same time, you're all so excited about how good we are with the comment about being 7-2 (from beating no one i should point out) without really thinking about how much that's gonna matter if we roll into Indy or NE around christmas being 13-3 and take the first half off.  It wont fucking be 21-6, it'll be around 42 to nothing.  Sorry I have a broader view of the issues and if we cant expect them to be able to be prepared mentally for this game, why should we be able to expect it any other week?  It's only their job/supposed passion.  

But what jonzr said was spot on.  I was blowing off steam and sorry that it pissed all of you off so bad.  I don't really care, just sorry that I have to listen to it.  If none of you are able to see the point I"m making, I'm kinda sad for you cause you need to step out of the role of being a homer.  If this team gives its all every game and we win or lose I'm proud of the effort, but coming out and rolling over to the point of almost not being able to come back is not something I like watching, especially with regards to a team that has enough potential to be in the same breath as those two other teams.  I want good things for this team, but will settle for the best they can give out there (for 60 minutes) and it should be obvious to all of you that sunday was not it.  

That's pretty much all I have to say about this in this thread and if I could ask, would you mind closing/locking it.  I don't wanna waste any more of my time on this crap and I know that with my ocd nature I will end up responding again.  If any of the rest of you have anything else to say to me, you can message me, and I may or may not answer.  Regardless, don't expect to hear much more if anything from me on this site again.  Was nice knowing you all.

Particularly enjoyed the contributions of Finny, AJ, SC, and Dr. J.  I'll still be around reading, good luck to you all in life.  And by the way, Virg, I will respond to that PM eventually, am working on compiling you a list that I'd be proud to attach my name to.  
« Last Edit: Nov 12, 2007 at 21:33 by Burton » Logged

P4P: 2:26AM. Drunk as hall. Blurd vission. Nobody to bithc to. Fuick!!

Shine on you crazy diamond, shine on.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Nov 12, 2007 at 21:50 »

Particularly enjoyed the contributions of Finny, AJ, SC, and Dr. J.

There you have it...he's completely fucked in the head.
jasonic

« Reply #14 on: Nov 12, 2007 at 22:03 »

"That's pretty much all I have to say about this in this thread and if I could ask, would you mind closing/locking it. I don't wanna waste any more of my time on this crap and I know that with my ocd nature I will end up responding again. If any of the rest of you have anything else to say to me, you can message me, and I may or may not answer. Regardless, don't expect to hear much more if anything from me on this site again. Was nice knowing you all."

isn't this what open forum is about? Along with the racist guy....Buh Bye.

jburghfan

« Reply #15 on: Nov 13, 2007 at 07:40 »

-unless you can get a little action at halftime!!!

What would I do with the other 18 minutes?
Hercules50

« Reply #16 on: Nov 13, 2007 at 07:51 »

"That's pretty much all I have to say about this in this thread and if I could ask, would you mind closing/locking it. I don't wanna waste any more of my time on this crap and I know that with my ocd nature I will end up responding again. If any of the rest of you have anything else to say to me, you can message me, and I may or may not answer. Regardless, don't expect to hear much more if anything from me on this site again. Was nice knowing you all."

isn't this what open forum is about? Along with the racist guy....Buh Bye.
I apologize for the personal insult, which was unwarranted. I regret that.

We'll just agree to disagree, Burton. The Browns came out with a scheme that worked for a couple of series, we adjusted, and slammed the door on them. I accept that you watched the game again, but you can't see what we were doing in coverage, and that's exactly where we won the game. I don't really buy the "we didn't show emotion" stuff in this or any other game. Whenver you're not having success, it looks like you're not showing emotion, or you look "flat" IMO. Not the other way around.
« Last Edit: Nov 13, 2007 at 07:53 by Hercules50 » Logged
jcharding

« Reply #17 on: Nov 13, 2007 at 09:17 »

Two thoughts.  1.  Never give up on your team.  Ever.

2.  To call the defense pedestrian - even when limited to the first half, is overkill.  If I remember the CBS graphic correctly the Browns had zero first downs after the midway point of the first quarter.  What more would you like the D to do?  Yes, they laid an egg on the first drive, but expecting (thats a key word there, expecting) a shutout (or expecting anything else for that matter) is inappropriate.  Too many fans (not just Steeler fans) develop expectations and when those expectations are not met they go buck-wild.  Just watch and enjoy the game, and don't give up.

I don't need no stinking avatar!
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #18 on: Nov 13, 2007 at 10:19 »

The team played poorly in the first half, in all three phases.  I'm sure my comments in the "Gameday" thread show my frustration.  The team couldn't have continued to play as they did in the first half and expect to diminish the Browns lead.

I think Anderson was 6/8 passing in the 1st half, with 3 TDs.  Not many yards, which shows the gaffe on STs and an INT.  The defense didn't hold them to 3 after the 90 yard return or the INT.  Also, the Browns were 4/4 on 3rd down in the 1st half.

But the Steelers came out in the 2nd half fired up.  

What's most impressive to me is that they didn't give up after the 100 yard return by Cribbs.  It's one thing to come out after half time fired up, but what's to keep that fire going when something like a 100 yard return seemingly kills momentum.  That the Steelers didn't fold is of great credit to Tomlin, Ben, and company.

It's no big deal to say whatever you want in the gameday thread.  I agree that you can't forget the awful first half.  But it was a great finish if you missed most of the 2nd half.  Very enjoyable.

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #19 on: Nov 13, 2007 at 12:55 »

No offense here, but I couldn't care less about your opinion. And i don't know why you dont bother attributing the comment to me (act like a grown up, this "somebody said" crap pisses me off). It's not like I care one way or the other about you. Plus it's not like it's not easy enough to find on this site.

Okay, whatever...if it pisses you off then I'll call you out directly, BURTON.  I didn't bother to look up who made the comment, simply read it and said what I had to say.  Whether you care or not is irrelevant to me, as I'm simply giving my opinion on the subject.

No one is looking at this win through any kind of rose-colored glasses, or saying that there is not much room to improve.  Certainly, I am not saying that certain opinions you have as a fan are invalid.  It's just that I believe in trying to be a solid fan, and IMO that means sticking with the team even if the chips are down.  You don't give up because they didn't play the way you expect or think they should in one half.  It's certainly your right to turn off the tv, I'm just saying that I think that's pretty weak "fan"-hood.   And who cares if "one guy" willed us to a win?  That's what a franchise qb is supposed to do, and that's why I'm glad we have Ben instead of Odonnell/Tomczak/Stewart/Maddox/Kent Graham.  That's what we pay him to do.  You can like or not, care or not, but you're talking about a team that is 7-2 and acting like they pissed in your cornflakes this morning.  I guess I just don't understand that.

And after all, this is just a board of fairly meaningless opinions, fwiw.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: