Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 23, 2014 at 05:38 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sorry, but this ticks me off  (Read 2319 times)
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #20 on: Nov 13, 2007 at 13:06 »

As usual, Oat & I are on the same page.

Otis is on page 3 too?
Only when dressed as Tom Brady....

I'm still the one with the boobs.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #21 on: Nov 13, 2007 at 14:33 »

I'll agree that you never -- NEVER -- turn off the Steelers.  I've been down on this team from time to time, but I watch it to the bitter end.  With Ben as QB, we could be down 21 points at the 2 minute warning, and I'm still harboring some hope.

If we're losing and playing badly, the simple alternative to turning the TV off is to double the rate of alcohol intake.  I thought everyone knew that.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Bogman
N00b

« Reply #22 on: Nov 13, 2007 at 14:58 »

As mad as I've been during a game I'll NEVER turn it off.  I just have to wonder if he turned the playoff game vs. the browns in 03 off?  We were down by way more in that game and came back and won.  I couldn't see someone witnessing that game and turning Sundays off.

The Channel Cast, bringing you comedy, news, sports and entertainment
www.thechannelcast.co m
mrblack66
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #23 on: Nov 13, 2007 at 15:00 »

No offense here, but I couldn't care less about your opinion.  And i don't know why you dont bother attributing the comment to me (act like a grown up, this "somebody said" crap pisses me off).  It's not like I care one way or the other about you.  Plus it's not like it's not easy enough to find on this site.  

It was frustration and justified at that.  That was a game where we looked like shit for all of it that I saw and based on that had no right to win.  If not for one person on the team, we probably would have (from what i heard).  Our special teams did everything they could to lose it.  I thought our defense looked pedestrian at best, as there were more errors made by anderson than caused by our defense.  He misfired on so many throws I would have thrown my tv out the window if I were a browns fan.  Our defense stopped a running back that is way past his prime, woopty fucking do.  Offensively, stupid ass playcalling, dropped passed by recievers and mediocre as usual line play.  

Sorry if I decided to go do some other stuff with my afternoon after watching a team come out of the tunnel that looked like they couldn't care less about being on the field (admittedly up to that point where I said that).  Sorry if I offended you or whatever, but this team had everything to play for, including but not limited to a stranglehold on the division title, not to mention bigger implications playoff wise and they come out and lay a fucking egg all over the place, especially at the beginning of the game when they should have come out frothing at the fucking mouth.  The more than likely reality is that if you want this team to come anywhere near the super bowl you need them to have the number 2 seed and hope someone else takes care of NE.  Doesn't seem to sink in with this team and that frustrates me.  If they cant get excited for a game that (should) mean a lot to them (not even mentioning the historical rivalry) then that's kinda disgusting to me.  Sorry that I was angry that their give a shit seemed broken.

I kinda regret what I said and that I did miss what sounded like a decent and exciting half of football.  To be honest, I had second thoughts about posting it one second after I did, I just didn't bother to go back and edit it out of the forum.  Didn't expect it to flame up any ....well nevermind with that thought.  I'd like to continue this but i don't really wanna say anything that'll make me fair game for a banning by one mod who's privately stated to me his "great joy he'd get from banning my sorry ass".  Or something like that, which is actually why I dont post very often on here anymore.
does someone need a mojito?

I'm not cryin'. It's just been raining... on my face.
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #24 on: Nov 13, 2007 at 19:44 »

No offense here, but I couldn't care less about your opinion.  And i don't know why you dont bother attributing the comment to me (act like a grown up, this "somebody said" crap pisses me off).  It's not like I care one way or the other about you.  Plus it's not like it's not easy enough to find on this site. 

It was frustration and justified at that.  That was a game where we looked like shit for all of it that I saw and based on that had no right to win.  If not for one person on the team, we probably would have (from what i heard).  Our special teams did everything they could to lose it.  I thought our defense looked pedestrian at best, as there were more errors made by anderson than caused by our defense.  He misfired on so many throws I would have thrown my tv out the window if I were a browns fan.  Our defense stopped a running back that is way past his prime, woopty fucking do.  Offensively, stupid ass playcalling, dropped passed by recievers and mediocre as usual line play. 

Sorry if I decided to go do some other stuff with my afternoon after watching a team come out of the tunnel that looked like they couldn't care less about being on the field (admittedly up to that point where I said that).  Sorry if I offended you or whatever, but this team had everything to play for, including but not limited to a stranglehold on the division title, not to mention bigger implications playoff wise and they come out and lay a fucking egg all over the place, especially at the beginning of the game when they should have come out frothing at the fucking mouth.  The more than likely reality is that if you want this team to come anywhere near the super bowl you need them to have the number 2 seed and hope someone else takes care of NE.  Doesn't seem to sink in with this team and that frustrates me.  If they cant get excited for a game that (should) mean a lot to them (not even mentioning the historical rivalry) then that's kinda disgusting to me.  Sorry that I was angry that their give a shit seemed broken.

I kinda regret what I said and that I did miss what sounded like a decent and exciting half of football.  To be honest, I had second thoughts about posting it one second after I did, I just didn't bother to go back and edit it out of the forum.  Didn't expect it to flame up any ....well nevermind with that thought.  I'd like to continue this but i don't really wanna say anything that'll make me fair game for a banning by one mod who's privately stated to me his "great joy he'd get from banning my sorry ass".  Or something like that, which is actually why I dont post very often on here anymore.
does someone need a mojito?
Or perhaps a Nyquiltini?

:nyquiltini:

Yummy!

I'm still the one with the boobs.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #25 on: Nov 13, 2007 at 20:28 »

Or perhaps a Nyquiltini?

Mmmmmmmm...Nyquiltini s...

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #26 on: Nov 13, 2007 at 20:45 »

Nyquiltini!?  HA!  That's nothing compared to this new drink I just inventified.  It's called grain alcohol.  You take some grain alcohol and pour it in a glass.  That's it!  You just pour it in a glass and you're good to go.  Careful lighting the cigs.
« Last Edit: Nov 13, 2007 at 20:45 by jonzr » Logged

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #27 on: Nov 14, 2007 at 07:25 »

It's called grain alcohol.

I actually tasted real moonshine for the first time a few months ago.  Talk about being careful with the cigarettes (or cigars, as some of us prefer)...that ain't no joke, dude!

otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #28 on: Nov 14, 2007 at 07:28 »

I actually tasted real moonshine for the first time a few months ago.

Preach says it makes him feel more comfortable handling the serpents.

:southernreligion:
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #29 on: Nov 14, 2007 at 08:09 »

Preach says it makes him feel more comfortable handling the serpents.

Down here, the shine is sometimes as lethal as the serpents!  Depends on how clean the radiator was that made it.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: