Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 25, 2014 at 22:19 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: miami  (Read 1106 times)
jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« on: Nov 12, 2007 at 11:24 »

although the play of Ben as of late has me creaming in my jeans for the most part, i am continually growing more concerned with the miami game.  they will have nothing to lose, except their 10th straight this season, and obviously Porter is gnawing at his pony bit waiting for the chance to beat his old team in their house.  Normally, this would not concern me except for the losses to AZ and Denver prove that mediocre teams can beat us.  I'd like to believe that we'd be prepared and don't fall asleep on this one or not take them seriously as a loss to that team would make us fall from our AFC pedestal and be a major bruise on our psyche, not to mention the crap I'd hear at the bar from the random Miami fan for the next year.

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Nov 12, 2007 at 11:26 »

Of course we need to be prepped, but I look at that Miami team, and think, where's their points coming from?  

And you actually have to be at the bar to take crap at the bar.

:poke:

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Nov 12, 2007 at 11:27 »

i am continually growing more concerned with the miami game.

I wouldn't say that I'm CONCERNED about it, not at this point.  I'm more concerned with the Jets simply because of our propensity to lay an egg on the road.

However, you do have a point that we need to stay focused, especially with these games leading up to NE.  My biggest concern is that we get someone hurt against a team like Miami.  They are frustrated and weary and not above taking a cheap shot.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Hercules50

« Reply #3 on: Nov 12, 2007 at 11:54 »

i am continually growing more concerned with the miami game.

I wouldn't say that I'm CONCERNED about it, not at this point.  I'm more concerned with the Jets simply because of our propensity to lay an egg on the road.

However, you do have a point that we need to stay focused, especially with these games leading up to NE.  My biggest concern is that we get someone hurt against a team like Miami.  They are frustrated and weary and not above taking a cheap shot.
Yeah, I'm much more worried about the Jets game.

The Dolphins have NO offense. ZERO. I expect a shutout. Once our offense puts up a couple of touchdowns, and we can make Miami one-dimensional...look out.

Of the creampuffs, the Jets worry me the most, so I agree with Preach. I don't think they're a bad team so much as a team that stuck too long with a QB who's hurt or can't play anymore and lost to some good teams. This is the same Jets team that went 10-6 last year.

That they have a young QB in there makes me nervous, too. New starters sometimes have inexplicably great games. They have every incentive to do their best, they aren't scouted thoroughly, and they have nothing really to lose. They can come out and wing it.

I hope this is where our losses to Denver and Arizona will come in handy. Tomlin doesn't need to reach back very far to remind this team that ANYONE can beat us.
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Nov 12, 2007 at 11:54 »

well at least when we play miami we get to see Marvell look like a top 5 LT.  

Im with Preach...more worried about the let down on the road against the Jets.

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
jasonic

« Reply #5 on: Nov 12, 2007 at 13:48 »

i never said i wasn't worried about the Jets game, hopefully i can go and watch them rip them a new A-hole at the Meadowlands, i worry about every game no matter who the team is.  it just seems that we sometimes lose games we should have no problems with and as the Jets game should be a no brainer, even on the road, the miami game would be a more detrimental loss in my opinion.

Pensod, shut your face.  just making a living and trying to get those elusive jets tix....

:cheers:
« Last Edit: Nov 12, 2007 at 13:49 by jasonic » Logged

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
Hercules50

« Reply #6 on: Nov 12, 2007 at 14:19 »

i never said i wasn't worried about the Jets game, hopefully i can go and watch them rip them a new A-hole at the Meadowlands, i worry about every game no matter who the team is.  it just seems that we sometimes lose games we should have no problems with and as the Jets game should be a no brainer, even on the road, the miami game would be a more detrimental loss in my opinion.

Pensod, shut your face.  just making a living and trying to get those elusive jets tix....

:cheers:
Good point and well said. Sorry if I hijacked your thread about Miami!

We do have to worry about the Dolphins, of course, if for no other reason we seem to play down to the terrible teams every now and then.  
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Nov 12, 2007 at 14:45 »

Fuck Miami.  Fuck the Jets.

They got nothing.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Nov 12, 2007 at 16:44 »

I hope this is where our losses to Denver and Arizona will come in handy. Tomlin doesn't need to reach back very far to remind this team that ANYONE can beat us.

He only has to reach back as far as yesterday.  Team we completely annihilated at their place on week 1 did everything except actually win the game yesterday.  Perfect scenario - all the motivation you need, and get the win to boot.
jcharding

« Reply #9 on: Nov 13, 2007 at 09:18 »

Not to overlook the Jets in any way, but of "bad" teams coming up the Rams worry me the most - especially with Bulger and Jackson back and healthy.

I don't need no stinking avatar!
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: