Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 17, 2014 at 22:21 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Feneca says he would like to stay in Pitt.  (Read 1070 times)
The Emperor
Brownstains can suck my Member

« on: Nov 13, 2007 at 19:46 »

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=pit
See espn Vidon left.

Life is to short to root for a losing team!
Joetorious
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #1 on: Nov 13, 2007 at 20:13 »

I would not be averse to having him back. If he comes back, perhaps there will be another major personnel change that he initially isn't happy with that he complain vehemently about and then the Steelers can have yet another kick-ass season.  

Tell 'em...Large Marge sent ya! Bwhahahaha
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Nov 13, 2007 at 20:26 »

perhaps there will be another major personnel change that he initially isn't happy with that he complain vehemently about and then the Steelers can have yet another kick-ass season.

lol...how could I forget about the anti-Ben comments (probably blown out of proportion) from 2004?

I would like to have Faneca back, but at a much lower price than he expects.

He seems like the kind of guy who spouts off at the mouth, thinks better of it after some time and kind of retracts what he originally said.  Also seems to have a problem dealing with change, initially at least.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Nov 13, 2007 at 20:31 »

It's a little suspicious that at the beginning of the year after a bad season, he didn't want to be a Steeler any more. Now that the Steelers are playing well, and Tomlin has shown at least a little bit that he's actually legit and there was a reason for bypassing the two incumbents for him, Faneca wants to remain a Steeler.

I say put up or shut up...sign a team friendly contract that reflects where your game is right now (and will be for the next 3-5 years) so that the team can make another run at the SB (that would show that he actually wants to be a Steeler) or don't let the door hit you on the way out. We'll make it work with or without him.

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Nov 13, 2007 at 20:36 »

Interesting look he had going for that interview.

That's a great jacket...

if the casket is closed.

SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Nov 13, 2007 at 20:50 »

It's a pretty minor portion of the interview...."I'd like to remain a Steeler"

He also says "I still feel that way (that he won't be a Steeler in 2008) but the door is never closed (returning to Pittsburgh)"

I don't think he's drastically changed his opinion on where he'll be in 2008.  He talks about what he would like but also talks about how he thinks things will realistically play out; i.e., he won't be in Pittsburgh in 2008.

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #6 on: Nov 13, 2007 at 20:57 »

He'll command a high-end salary that I doubt the Steelers will match.   There were a couple of guards recently who got 7 yrs 49 mil with about 10-15 of that guaranteed.  Faneca will get at least that.

And I have no problems with any of his comments, the man was speaking what he felt; works for me.

« Last Edit: Nov 13, 2007 at 20:58 by jonzr » Logged

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Nov 13, 2007 at 22:52 »

Man, Kurt Cobain sure packed on the pounds didnt he?  The afterlife must be an all you can eat paradise.  

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
busboy36

« Reply #8 on: Nov 13, 2007 at 23:25 »

Alan, I've got 2 words for you:  Joey Porter.

"I hated putting on that purple uniform, and I hated that raven bird. What really ticked me off is when we played Pittsburgh our whole stadium seemed to be filled with Pittsburgh fans." Tackle Orlando Brown, on playing in Baltimore for Art Modell's Ravens (1999).
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Nov 14, 2007 at 10:03 »

Are we talking about the same Alan Faneca that skipped OTAs and various voluntary workouts prior to the season starting?

The same guy that essentially segregated himself from the rest of the team and refused to take on the role of team captain as elected by his peers?

The player that said that "this would be his last year as a Pittsburgh Steeler" and claimed that management wasn't "fair" to him as he entered the final year of his contract that when he signed it, had him among the top 10, probably top 5 paid linemen?

The dude that has said on more than one occasion that he wanted to be traded and intimated that he wouldn't be able to remain focused during the '07 season?

The guy that has looked very average and been beaten numerous times in several games?

That clown?

Personally, I wouldn't even do him the honor of making another offer only to have him rip it apart again.  I'd say, "thanks, but no thanks.  We're going in a different direction.  Enjoy the desert.  Don't forget your SPF 45."  And, I'd make a play for one of the many FA OGs that have been mentioned here before.  Floyd Womack, even an aging -- and currently injured -- Reuben Brown (depending on his rehabilitation, discounted price?), and any of the Colt OGs (Scott, Lilja or DeMulling) would be better options.

Peace, Fanny.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: