Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 20, 2014 at 21:21 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 [5]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tomlin's "Cool" Pose  (Read 3206 times)
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #40 on: Nov 22, 2007 at 15:59 »

Obviously talent is of great importance, but I think the NFL is a league where a bad head coach can wreck a season, while a good head coach can get more out of a team that may not have as much talent as the other guys. I think Norv Turner is a great example of this.
Norv Turner is the poster child for how important a coach is to a professional football team.  

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
Who farted?
No longer a N00b!

« Reply #41 on: Nov 23, 2007 at 08:27 »

Or what an arrogant jackass of a GM can do to a team.  He lucked into a string of good fortune in spite of himself and let it go to his head.  Kinda like Patrick Dempsey in Can't Buy Me Love.   Now Malachi Tomlinson is crying, 'You shit on my house, man!"
mrblack66
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #42 on: Nov 26, 2007 at 08:34 »

two words

tony dungy

I'm not cryin'. It's just been raining... on my face.
padgfrombf

« Reply #43 on: Nov 26, 2007 at 10:18 »

Oh yeah, a decent coach will get decent assistants, work out existing personnel problems, and keep teams focused.  In addition to Dungy, Wade Phillips is relatively low key and doing a decent job in sorting out the talent at Dallas this year.  Of course, he hasn't been hit with the inevitable T.O. meltdown yet, but that's why he's getting the big bucks.

Agree with WF on the San Diego situation.  It could be argued that Schottenheimer would have been a far better GM than the clown that fired him.  Their loss, though it looks like the Chargers now have the undeserved inside track to the AFCW right now.

With Tomlin, so far, so good.  If some of the obvious O-line and ST problems continue this year, we'll get our first look into how he handles adversity.  Cowher was fairly predictable in his MO, it should be fun to watch Tomlin's workings under pressure.
Pages: 1 ... 4 [5]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: