Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 01, 2014 at 16:41 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 ... 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Season's Over, Right?  (Read 2400 times)
DoctorJohnnyFever
No longer a N00b!

« on: Nov 19, 2007 at 11:12 »

Fuck no. I refuse to talk about the draft, the off-season, next year, or anything else that  doesn't have to do with the 2007 Pittsburgh Steelers.

We're 7-3 with a two game lead in the division. (I know it's only technically a one game lead, but since we own the tie-breaker over everyone, it's essentially a two game lead).

Please. Step. Away. From. The. Ledge.

Carry on.

"The MGS board is regarded here as a board with adult rated content. There are virtually no rules. There are no words that are inappropriate and no subject that cannot be discussed. Should you feel the need to get crazy, do it there. You will be welcomed with open arms."

Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Nov 19, 2007 at 11:19 »

Please. Step. Away. From. The. Ledge.

Tried to.  I fell off.  Too many Nyquiltinis after the game.

Of course, the ledge was 3 feet, so all I got was a slightly sprained ankle.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Nov 19, 2007 at 11:35 »

Something keeps eating the dishes of peanuts I leave in the living room.

We're 7-3; we're just not that good.  It's one thing to stumble once or twice during a marathon, but this was the equivalent to grunting out a full loaf just past the 13 mile marker.

I'll talk about the draft.  If I could replace that OL with 5 new guys, that'd be a consideration.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Nov 19, 2007 at 13:08 »

Ditto, here.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Nov 19, 2007 at 18:02 »

Im as optomistic as they come, but there is no denying the lousy play of the O line and the basic fundamentals that are lacking.  It would be a different story if we were assured homefeild throughout, but that aint happeneing with that machine up in NE.

nothing will change the ineffectiveness of the O line unless the coaching staff realises to work around the weakness rather than forcing its "will" against an obvious stacked line.  It just seems the coaching staff isnt aware of the problem and keeps thinking will start to gel eventually as long as they give FWP his carries

Brady had 35 attempts in the first half of yesterdays game with only like 12 attempts at rushing for the team.  Buff had the everlivin snot smacked out of them through the air.  Do you think Bellycheet gives a flying crap about getting Maroony carries?   eff no, he calls a game to win it FFS.  not forcing a struggling back into a stacked line over over and over, etc...

sure any given sunday, but the any given sunday we play NE whether its in the reg or playoffs, will end in the same...a loss for the Steelers.
« Last Edit: Nov 19, 2007 at 18:02 by jackSplat58 » Logged

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
DoctorJohnnyFever
No longer a N00b!

« Reply #5 on: Nov 19, 2007 at 18:11 »

sure any given sunday, but the any given sunday we play NE whether its in the reg or playoffs, will end in the same...a loss for the Steelers.

See, I guess this is where I don't follow. If we're just giving up and crowning the Patriots' asses now, why even bother watching the rest of the games? Or, hell, why bother playing them?

The Patriots look like they're from another planet right now, but, the last three years the dominant team in the AFC regular season lost before the Super Bowl.

- There was that 15-1 team from Pittsburgh in 2004 that struggled through its playoff opener, then got crushed in the Championship game.

- There was that team from Indy in 2005 who started off 13-0 and was deemed unbeatable with home field advantage (tell me you don't remember Phil Simms', "The Steelers will need an out of body experience to win this game," comment?) that got crushed in its first playoff game (only to be kept alive by the worst call known to man and a fluke fumble from a usually reliable Hall of Fame back, but who's counting?)

- There was that 14-2(!) Chargers team in 2006 who got dropped in the first round. The number two seed failed to win a game last year as well.

So, I guess what i'm saying is, as long as the Steelers are still in first place with a shot at the playoffs...then yay us.

"The MGS board is regarded here as a board with adult rated content. There are virtually no rules. There are no words that are inappropriate and no subject that cannot be discussed. Should you feel the need to get crazy, do it there. You will be welcomed with open arms."

jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #6 on: Nov 20, 2007 at 00:06 »

Until the Steelers lose their last game, I expect a Super Bowl Victory.  Yeah, the Pats are unbeatable, etc.  Fuck them.  They don't deserve to win another SB.  Karma is a bitch and they've been piling it on for a while.  Hopefully, the Steelers will get to cash in on that pile.

Looks like it might just be me and Dr. J the rest of the way.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #7 on: Nov 20, 2007 at 01:51 »

I'm in with you guys too, the only problem is my glass half empty nature and also my unbelieveable optimism about this team...trust me, it's a bitch to live with and I know I'm not alone here...depending on the hour, i think we can crush the patriots or get destroyed and i'm not kidding about the "depending on the hour."  everyone around me knows that i'm obsessed and i'm pissed off because i was getting IM's and calls from motherfuckers who don't even like football about the loss to the Jets.  Living in NY sucks sometimes but hey, fuck them because we can win this shit.  I'm tired of playing down to these loser teams and getting beat.  it's the same shit as i posted about miami, i'm worried that we don't think we can lose to these "bad" teams and it's biting us in the ass.   If the run ain't working, pass the ball, just find a way to win.  why do we disappear with these lame ass bottom of the rung teams??  is it because they're psyching themselves up for us or are we just shit when it comes down to it?

ok, had to ramble...i love this stupid ass team....and beer

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Nov 20, 2007 at 02:02 »

I'll smoke it with ya bro, we'll go to the loony bin together. I don't give a fuck.

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
sage
Kickin the Bengals Ass since 1933
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #9 on: Nov 20, 2007 at 06:52 »

Until the Steelers lose their last game, I expect a Super Bowl Victory.  Yeah, the Pats are unbeatable, etc.  Fuck them.  They don't deserve to win another SB.  Karma is a bitch and they've been piling it on for a while.  Hopefully, the Steelers will get to cash in on that pile.

i'm with ya! did we give up when the germans bombed pearl harbor?!?!

Go Steelers
Pages: [1] 2 ... 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: