Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 20, 2014 at 02:10 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Changes for this season?  (Read 476 times)
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« on: Nov 20, 2007 at 07:55 »

Obviously, I think the consensus here is that we need to draft/sign OL.  Duh.

Question is, can we possibly make any changes to the OL this season that would make us any better?

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Nov 20, 2007 at 08:24 »

No.

We're stuck with a bunch of underachievers, or guys with fatal flaws. Kemoteau is too dumb, Philip too inexperienced, Starks has already failed and been demoted. Othern than maybe Starks, Essex is probably the best of a shaky group of backups, but does anyone think we are better off with him at either tackle spot?

We are screwed, unless the starters begin playing better.  

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
Hercules50.
No longer a N00b!

« Reply #2 on: Nov 20, 2007 at 08:31 »

We could modify our long-passing game by calling more slants, quick hitches, and the like.

I think Ben contributes to the O-Line's woes a little bit. Of course, this is also what makes him great, and I'm only asking for some modification of this part of our game.

Way too many passes where every receiver runs a double-move to the same level of depth on the field and the play depends on the line holding their blocks a long time.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Nov 20, 2007 at 11:20 »

We could modify our long-passing game by calling more slants, quick hitches, and the like.

Been hoping for that since Ben's rookie campaign.  I thought we had moved towards that after the 2nd half vs. Denver, but it looks like we've abandoned it again.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Hercules50.
No longer a N00b!

« Reply #4 on: Nov 20, 2007 at 11:25 »

Been hoping for that since Ben's rookie campaign.  I thought we had moved towards that after the 2nd half vs. Denver, but it looks like we've abandoned it again.
I'm with you.  I was also hoping Ken Anderson, a high-percentage passer in his day, would have had this effect on Ben's game.

Maybe the quick slants were among the pages Arians ripped out of the playbook?

In all seriousness, Ben's got a great game and I'm generally thrilled with him, but quicker-developing pass plays would ADD to the dangerous arsenal of techniques he attackes defenses with.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: