Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 01, 2014 at 13:34 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: sorry everyone - it's my fault  (Read 539 times)
jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« on: Nov 19, 2007 at 11:15 »

I have only attended two games this year - AZ and Jets - and I apologize for jinxing these games.  I will continue to just watch the games - at the bar, with my black miller jersey for home games and my white ward jersey for away games.  Seriously, yesterday was so freakin bad, the only good play I remember, actually 2 plays, were santonio saving that reception, which was a horrible throw to begin with, and deshea's interception to seal the win, except of course, ben's fumble 3 minutes later.....oh and nice call in OT 3rd and 14 DRAW inside the 20.  i swear i wanted to run down there and choke somebody.

Also, it was GREAT as well to get home, fall asleep on the couch and then wake up to see a 56 - 10 romp of the bills.  can't wait to roll into foxboro for that massacre.  but i promise i will be wearing thw white 86 for that one.

thanks goes out to pensod for cheering me up with his ipod mastery on the ride home and also
nice meeting mr. bleedsgreen in the parking lot, hope you and the brother inlaw got back to the 'burgh safely after that bullshit....

« Last Edit: Nov 19, 2007 at 11:18 by jasonic » Logged

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Nov 19, 2007 at 11:21 »

No, don't take responsibility.  I've known since 2005 that taping a game is a curse on the Steelers.  I thought that Tivo would not apply.  After going 0-2 with the Tivo, I now know better.

My apologies.  I will stay away from the record button, even on church nights.  After all, it IS all about me!

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Nov 19, 2007 at 13:04 »

I'm actually undefeated at 3-0 in TIVO games...

I should start watching them all after the fact.  

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Nov 20, 2007 at 11:00 »

thanks goes out to pensod for cheering me up with his ipod mastery on the ride home
i did the best with what I had to work with on your ipod.  It was tough filling up an hour's drive home with selections from "Mamma Mia", Gilbert and Sullivan, and Barry Manilow's greatest.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #4 on: Nov 20, 2007 at 11:43 »

what are you complaining about?  how soon we forget the hopeful memories of Van Halen I on the drive out.

Jack (pulls up next to us on Canal St.)  "hey dudes, we're going to the lincoln tun....
Pensod (cuts him off with a wave of hands) "sorry, can't hear you man. Van Halen."

that was fun, too bad we got destroyed at the game and you were crying and needed to hear Barry Manilow, some Gershwin and a little Humperdink.  it's ok man, the steelers are going to be ok

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: