Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 22, 2014 at 07:45 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Homer  (Read 1419 times)
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« on: Nov 19, 2007 at 11:29 »

Not sure what this guy had going on, mental illness, cup stacker, loyal fan, you decide.

I think it was in the 3rd qtr, for those watching on TV, they came back from a commercial showing the field from behind some endzone fans.  There was some "dude" sitting there with a #10 Stewart jersey on.

I can be as frugal as anyone out there but just don't understand wearing a Kordella jersey to a game.  I understand wearing old-school jerseys, but that would be like wearing a Malone, O'Donnell, or Graham jersey, and you just don't do it.  Seeing that really struck me funny.

Am I way off base here?

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
jasonic
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #1 on: Nov 19, 2007 at 11:32 »

i think you're right on.  I would even feel weird wearing a Holmes jersey because everyone would think it's a Kordell from the front, but that's just me....

i think the only recent history jersey i would be caught dead in would be a Lloyd 95.  no one can say shit about that guy.  even woodson left the team, as did brown, green, kirkland, gildon, porter, kordell, etc...

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Nov 19, 2007 at 13:07 »

I kind of like the kitsch value of a Kordella, or even a Malone or Brister.

I wouldn't mind a Cliff Stoudt...might even stitch some batteries to it.

Kind of fun, in a "so-hip-it's-square" kinda way.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Nov 19, 2007 at 13:47 »

Brister would be a good one, and everyone would get it as being funny, becasue of his name and that he was such a goof on the field that everyone was pulling for him.

Kordella, on the other hand, that just screams nerd and cool guy wanna be.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Nov 19, 2007 at 13:54 »

I gotta get me a Roger Duffy jersey.  Man from Atlantis was, like, the best!
« Last Edit: Nov 19, 2007 at 13:56 by Finnegans Wake » Logged

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Nov 21, 2007 at 14:34 »

Not sure what this guy had going on, mental illness, cup stacker, loyal fan, you decide.

I think it was in the 3rd qtr, for those watching on TV, they came back from a commercial showing the field from behind some endzone fans.  There was some "dude" sitting there with a #10 Stewart jersey on.

I can be as frugal as anyone out there but just don't understand wearing a Kordella jersey to a game.  I understand wearing old-school jerseys, but that would be like wearing a Malone, O'Donnell, or Graham jersey, and you just don't do it.  Seeing that really struck me funny.

Am I way off base here?
We're sittin' in the bar, and the camera pans over this guy.  All us Steeler fans are like "DUDE WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?????"

I almost fell off my damn stool.

Put some duct tape over that shit....

I'm still the one with the boobs.
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Nov 21, 2007 at 14:55 »

Brister would be a good one, and everyone would get it as being funny, becasue of his name and that he was such a goof on the field that everyone was pulling for him.

effin eh it would be the fo shizzle to have a Brister Jersey.  believe it or not, that dum em effer is one of my fav steelers of all time.  The Bubster rounds out my top 5.

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Nov 21, 2007 at 15:50 »

effin eh it would be the fo shizzle to have a Brister Jersey.  believe it or not, that dum em effer is one of my fav steelers of all time.  The Bubster rounds out my top 5.
You are a sick man.

Top 5?  Top 5 QBs maybe.... oo)  

I'm still the one with the boobs.
Winters in Holland
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #8 on: Nov 21, 2007 at 18:16 »

Lambert is right when he used the word "kitsch"- that's why I think the Stewart jersey was cool.

Every Steeler game I go to (not all that many, but still), I wear a Los Angeles Rams Jerome Bettis jersey that I found at Goodwill one time- EVERYONE loves it.

.WiH.

I don't care if Lovie Smith and Tony Dungy are black. Good for them. But that doesn't change the way I feel about them. The longer we keep looking at guys like Tony Dungy and Lovie Smith as "BLACK HEAD COACHES" as opposed to just "coaches" the longer race will continue to be a problem. --DoctorJohnnyFever
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Nov 21, 2007 at 20:12 »

I've been saying for years that I need to add a "Beltin'" Delton Hall to my closet.

That shit would rock.  

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: