Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 23, 2014 at 19:32 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Weather Report For Sunday Night  (Read 1245 times)
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Dec 01, 2007 at 11:43 »

I think the lead singer of Boston committed suicide earlier this year so no luck with that...

I didn't say Boston.  I said a band like Boston.
You mean like Foreigner or REO Speedwagon? Juke Box Hero or Urgent always gets the crowd pumped.....I think the Scorpions "Rock You Like a Hurricane" would have been very appropriate last week.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Dec 01, 2007 at 11:54 »

I think the lead singer of Boston committed suicide earlier this year so no luck with that...

I didn't say Boston.  I said a band like Boston.
You mean like Foreigner or REO Speedwagon? Juke Box Hero or Urgent always gets the crowd pumped.....I think the Scorpions "Rock You Like a Hurricane" would have been very appropriate last week.
A band like Foriegner would be permissable, but not a band like REO Speedwagon.  

They'd have to play songs like "Cold as Ice", however, not songs like "Juke Box Hero".

A shabby Charlie Brown.
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Dec 01, 2007 at 12:00 »

They'd have to play songs like "Cold as Ice", however, not songs like "Juke Box Hero".
Not even early Hi Fidelity REO?..picky,picky...Right now I'm blasting Styx's "Two Much Time On My Hands" while watching Villa and Arsenal....2-1 Gunners..
pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Dec 01, 2007 at 12:07 »

Not even early Hi Fidelity REO?..picky,picky...Right now I'm blasting Styx's "Two Much Time On My Hands" while watching Villa and Arsenal....2-1 Gunners..
I'm a bit pissed off the Gunners laid down for Seville-- after all, there's seeding on the line-- but I guess in the Champions League you know you have to make visits to Milan and Barcelona anyway, so might as well do it sooner rather than later.

I'm listening to Thin Lizzy's Jailbreak this A.M..  Great effing album.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Dec 01, 2007 at 12:28 »

pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Dec 01, 2007 at 13:04 »

I'm just glad Chelsea is through, and hopefully they can weather the loss of Drogba for the Africans Cup.
I think it was minor miracle Chelsea got through; it had all the early makings of a "lost season".

I'm torn between wanting and not wanting Mourinho to get the England job.  On the one hand, he'd make them better, and I hate it when England does well, but on the other, the tabloids would have a field day.  Mourinho makes Sven-Goran look like Queen Victoria.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
vcuram
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #16 on: Dec 01, 2007 at 21:10 »

My thoughts on the turf (although I'm sure it's been mentioned and no one cares, but fuck it):

They're professionals and they should be able to play in all conditions.  It gives the Steelers even more of a home field advantage, so that's a big plus.  I just find it hard to believe that the NFL won't make them do something about it.  They couldn't have been happy with the game on Monday.  A game in the slop like that is a nice novelty for casual fans, but could get old.

I've thrown a kettle over a pub before.  What the fuck have you ever done?
BleedGreen710
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #17 on: Dec 01, 2007 at 21:12 »

How about "The Weather Girls?"  

Wait....this is a thread about what musical acts we all want to see...er, would never see, right?

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 3rd round draft pick.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #18 on: Dec 02, 2007 at 10:39 »

Not to call you out, AJ, but a football team should not be assembled around "speed" or any other specific; a football team should be picked on one critierion only: Can the dude play ball?  That's why we drafted Greene and that's why we drafted Hines m'f'in Ward, and that's why we win in the sun and in the rain.

I think that (getting guys that can ball) goes without saying, but at the same time, I don't think you can deny that teams carry an identity, for the most part.

And, offensively speaking, this team is not a smashmouth team anymore.  They don't have a front five that can just line up on anybody and blow them off the ball.  They don't have a back that, when all else fails, can move the pile 3 or 4 yards when there's nothing there.

Despite what people want to believe, this group is built around speed, deception and Ben's arm.  When you think about their two biggest assets on offense, what term comes to mind?  Speed.  Maybe it wasn't their intent to have that sort of squad, but that's how they've evolved because of who they've taken.  And, as a result, I think they need to do whatever it takes to maximize those strengths now.  IMO, having them play a game or two or four in slop doesn't do that.  In fact, I'd say it does more to hinder their growth and effectiveness than anything else.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
oblongatta
Old School Member

« Reply #19 on: Dec 02, 2007 at 11:41 »

also, thanks in part to the weather, there looks to be plenty of seats available again tonight. we had three come free in our group which I just got takers for. so once again, if you always say you can't get to a Steelers game, go tonight. scalpers should have plenty of seats.

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: