Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 23, 2014 at 12:20 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Ricky Williams Stomp  (Read 1508 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« on: Nov 27, 2007 at 21:57 »

Did anyone see that?  Williams was on the ground after a fumble and Timmons stomped on his shoulder while going after the ball.  

Well, it amused me.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Nov 28, 2007 at 04:55 »

Yeah, now Ricky is out for the rest of the season with a torn pectoral muscle.

Maybe he will be available next season though, at a discount. We don't have a short yardage back. This could be a match made in heaven.

You know its coming.

Hold your breath.

Almost there.

Ready?

SIGNE RIKEE WILLLIAMSON!!!!111!!

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Nov 28, 2007 at 07:17 »

Williams was on the ground after a fumble and Timmons stomped on his shoulder while going after the ball.

Timmons was looking for some relatively dry footing and that was his best option.

If only RW could find something to manage his pain.
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Nov 28, 2007 at 10:07 »

if you see the play in slow motion, it looks like it was deliberate, but if you watch the play in real time, its hard to imagine that Timmons planned that.

still, it kinda gives new meaning to my screen name.

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #4 on: Nov 29, 2007 at 18:17 »

Dr. Z.

It looked as if Timmons, in hurdling No. 70, Dolphin tackle L.J. Shelton, inadvertently came down on Williams' back. But then the replay, close up, showed Timmons deliberately veering off and coming down hard with his left foot to pin Williams to the ground and keep him from recovering his fumble. An absolutely filthy play, and I'm glad Rick pointed it out to me and annoyed that it didn't strike home right away. Wonder how the league is going to handle this one -- if at all.

You mean a guy in a football game tried to keep another guy from recovering a fumble?  Huh.  I'm a closet Dr. Z fan but I think he got this one wrong.

« Last Edit: Nov 29, 2007 at 18:18 by jonzr » Logged

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Nov 29, 2007 at 18:32 »

Hopefully, Goodell will destroy all that tape immediately.  
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Nov 30, 2007 at 08:24 »

Dr. Z.

It looked as if Timmons, in hurdling No. 70, Dolphin tackle L.J. Shelton, inadvertently came down on Williams' back. But then the replay, close up, showed Timmons deliberately veering off and coming down hard with his left foot to pin Williams to the ground and keep him from recovering his fumble. An absolutely filthy play, and I'm glad Rick pointed it out to me and annoyed that it didn't strike home right away. Wonder how the league is going to handle this one -- if at all.

You mean a guy in a football game tried to keep another guy from recovering a fumble?  Huh.  I'm a closet Dr. Z fan but I think he got this one wrong.

Considering the conditions on the field, doesn't anyone imagine at least the possibility that it was a mistake?  Maybe Timmons foot slipped a bit;  even if not, he probably went from looking to make a tackle, to having his eyes follow the fumble. Wasn't watching Ricky at all at that point.

Mulitple explanations for that.  

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
jrobnz

« Reply #7 on: Nov 30, 2007 at 08:26 »

Timmons quote:

Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Nov 30, 2007 at 08:50 »

That play happened way too fast to be intentional, imo.  Dr. Z can shove it.  Even IF he's right, I'm not sure I've got a problem with it.

But then the replay, close up, showed Timmons deliberately veering off and coming down hard with his left foot to pin Williams to the ground and keep him from recovering his fumble.

Sorry, but keeping a guy away from a fumble in the heat of the play is a lot different than trying to hurt someone.  In the middle of the scrum, you'll do just about anything to get to the football, without any intention of hurting someone.  You're just trying to recover the fumble.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Winters in Holland
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #9 on: Nov 30, 2007 at 10:12 »

This just reminds me of all the chatter after Kimo Von inadvertently rolled into Carson Palmer's leg during the Wild Card round in Cincy two years ago.

Replays showed that Kimo rolled backwards and didn't even see exactly where Palmer was, yet still people (mostly bitter Bengals' fans) concluded that it was intentional.  

Some national columnists that enjoy talking down on the Steelers go so far as to say were it not for that collision, the Steelers would've lost the game and not made it to XL.

Idiots.

.WiH.

I don't care if Lovie Smith and Tony Dungy are black. Good for them. But that doesn't change the way I feel about them. The longer we keep looking at guys like Tony Dungy and Lovie Smith as "BLACK HEAD COACHES" as opposed to just "coaches" the longer race will continue to be a problem. --DoctorJohnnyFever
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: