Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 22, 2014 at 14:57 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Weather Report For Sunday Night  (Read 1290 times)
DoctorJohnnyFever
No longer a N00b!

« on: Nov 30, 2007 at 16:29 »

Right now, they're calling for rain and perhaps some sleet.

Oh, and they're rolling out new turf today.

I think i've seen this play before.

"The MGS board is regarded here as a board with adult rated content. There are virtually no rules. There are no words that are inappropriate and no subject that cannot be discussed. Should you feel the need to get crazy, do it there. You will be welcomed with open arms."

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Nov 30, 2007 at 17:20 »

Today?  They waited till today?  I mean, I understand logistics and such, but...

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Nov 30, 2007 at 18:12 »

I think Fever is messin' with ya.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/07334/838103-66.stm

I'm sure it's in glorious shape.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Nov 30, 2007 at 18:19 »

Wait, Weather Report?  I know Finny digs the quiet-storm, easy listening stuff, but couldn't they have got a band like Boston?

A shabby Charlie Brown.
ICFan
N00b

« Reply #4 on: Nov 30, 2007 at 19:23 »

If they put down new turf, it should be watered immediately.  That's Agronomy 101.
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Nov 30, 2007 at 20:19 »

Wait, Weather Report?  I know Finny digs the quiet-storm, easy listening stuff, but couldn't they have got a band like Boston?
Come on, Birdland is a great song...And I think the lead singer of Boston committed suicide earlier this year so no luck with that...

I'm sure the field will be just OK. Not great, but not the slopfest from the other night. Also, whats the deal with the seams in the tarp? It looked like they sent 5 guys to Walmart to get a bunch of the biggest tarps they had. Why don't they have a custom one that rolls out in one piece? If AZ can have a system that moves the entire field outside to inside and back again, surely the Steelers could have a much better field covering system.
pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Nov 30, 2007 at 22:41 »

I think the lead singer of Boston committed suicide earlier this year so no luck with that...

I didn't say Boston.  I said a band like Boston.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Nov 30, 2007 at 23:54 »

Oh, and they're rolling out new turf today.

It is the same borderline used from a swap meet shit we tried to play on last Mondee night. They just "aerated" it. Whatever that means.

I'm sure it's in glorious shape.

Just like 3RS was. Even after that there implosion.

whats the deal with the seams in the tarp? It looked like they sent 5 guys to Walmart to get a bunch of the biggest tarps they had.

Myth. The new field got it's ass kicked. Everyone knew it would if it kept raining like that. The seams in the tarp idea was construed after the tarpulians were gone the "scars" were seen.

Why don't they have a custom one that rolls out in one piece?

That's a big ass tarp, yo. There's no way that dream tarp couldve taken the type of all day rain abuse and been moved. Let alone moved keeping all rain off of the field. It'd take them an hour.

I didn't say Boston. I said a band like Boston.

Delp is rolling over in his grave. Trying to get the Boston tunes out of his dead cold head. Or someone like that I mean.

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
BleedGreen710
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #8 on: Nov 30, 2007 at 23:58 »

Is Air Supply still around?  Perhaps Hall and Oats?

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 3rd round draft pick.
pensodyssey
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Dec 01, 2007 at 00:09 »

I was wondering when the complaints about the turf would start during the week we play the Bengals instead of the Dolphins.

Not to call you out, AJ, but a football team should not be assembled around "speed" or any other specific; a football team should be picked on one critierion only: Can the dude play ball?  That's why we drafted Greene and that's why we drafted Hines m'f'in Ward, and that's why we win in the sun and in the rain.

If they're fast, and they can play football, so much the better.  But I sure as hell hope Tomlin never goes into a draft with the specific goal of getting "faster" (or "bigger" or whatever), and I doubt he has or will.  Like the man says, "It's all there on the tape."
« Last Edit: Dec 01, 2007 at 00:10 by pensodyssey » Logged

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: