Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 21, 2014 at 20:12 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Defense tonite!!  (Read 487 times)
nate07
N00b

« on: Dec 02, 2007 at 22:56 »

The defense stepped up big time tonite!! Other than the bengals 1st drive of the game, the steeler D didn't allow them to move the ball at all. Even with the good field position the bengals were getting from all of the damn turnovers, they didn't generate many points..

I liked the 2 linemen, 4 linebacker, and 5 d-back look that they ran alot on 3rd downs. I think I remember the Steelers using a similar look against the colts in the 05' playoffs. i'm sure they will be using it alot next week vs the pats passing attack..

Is it just me or does the D play just as good without polamalu as they do with him?? I thought carter played pretty good tonite.
cbk_87
No longer a N00b!

« Reply #1 on: Dec 03, 2007 at 09:08 »

I think they played good but not incredible Palmer was overthrowing all his receivers even when he wasn't pressured ,palmer had a bad game are secondary was ok  but where beat on allot of plays also our D-line is ok but we need allot more sacks every game we ain't getting any , 2 to 3 sacks a game for the best D in the league is  not sufficient  we cant go crazy about having amazing defense yet they got to improve
but their descent
good win
              Now lets go kill the fucking Patriots  !!!!!!!!
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Dec 03, 2007 at 11:45 »

Is it just me or does the D play just as good without polamalu as they do with him?? I thought carter played pretty good tonite.
No, it's not you.  They've played very well in his absence.  What's even more surprising about that is they're also without their (IMO) best tackling safety in Clark too.

I tell you what, I love the Flyin' Hawaiian as much as the next Steelers fan, but if somebody approached me and offered a stud LT for him (ala Joe Thomas or D'Brick), I would seriously consider it; especially considering how much he makes now.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: