Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 01, 2014 at 21:47 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: PG: Polamalu Misses Practice  (Read 947 times)
Cogitobsw

« on: Dec 06, 2007 at 15:51 »

One day after returning to practice for the first time since missing two games, safety Troy Polamalu did not practice today and might not play in Sunday's Steelers game against the New England Patriots.

Polamalu, who has a sprained knee, would be replaced for the third game in a row by safety Tyrone Carter.

"We'll see where he is tomorrow," said Coach Mike Tomlin, who would not say if Polamalu's injury was a setback for the three-time Pro Bowl safety. "We'll list his [injury] status like we do every Friday."

Cogito Ergo Sum
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Dec 06, 2007 at 15:59 »

Get him healthy for the playoffs.  Take our chances without him Sunday.

But Tyrone Carter on Randy Moss?  Scary.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Dec 06, 2007 at 17:24 »

Polamalu on Randy Moss is hardly a great matchup either.  Moss requires a double team downfield anyway.  

Of course we're a better team with #43 on the field, he makes plays no one else can, but not so much in downfield coverage.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Dec 06, 2007 at 18:02 »

Right Polamalu and a CB vs Moss is still a big mismatch. The guy is a living legend.

If Troy needs to sit then that is fine. Let him heal up for the playoff run. We've got two shutouts without him already this season.

Tomlin has got their minds right. Avoid looking around at who is there and who isnt. No excuse making. Just put on the pads and focus on your job. It's all there on the tape. Together we all eat. It's a result-oriented business and we strive for perfection.

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
sage
Kickin the Bengals Ass since 1933
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #4 on: Dec 06, 2007 at 21:02 »

Avoid looking around at who is there and who isnt. No excuse making. Just put on the pads and focus on your job. It's all there on the tape. Together we all eat. It's a result-oriented business and we strive for perfection.
Damn Y2J that's got me fired up! Gimmee a f-in helmet!

Go Steelers
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Dec 06, 2007 at 21:23 »

Right Polamalu and a CB vs Moss is still a big mismatch. The guy is a living legend.

If Troy needs to sit then that is fine. Let him heal up for the playoff run. We've got two shutouts without him already this season.

Tomlin has got their minds right. Avoid looking around at who is there and who isnt. No excuse making. Just put on the pads and focus on your job. It's all there on the tape. Together we all eat. It's a result-oriented business and we strive for perfection.
Hell yeah!!

Let's fuckin' GOOOOOOO!!!!

:towel:  :towel:  :towel:

:tits:  :tits:  :tits:  

I'm still the one with the boobs.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #6 on: Dec 06, 2007 at 21:27 »

Avoid looking around at who is there and who isnt. No excuse making. Just put on the pads and focus on your job. It's all there on the tape. Together we all eat. It's a result-oriented business and we strive for perfection.
Effing plagiarist.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Dec 07, 2007 at 17:08 »

Y2, you are walking a fine line.  

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: