Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 01, 2014 at 19:59 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 5  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Anthony Smith guarantees win?  (Read 4504 times)
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Dec 05, 2007 at 19:49 »

Admins, thanks for not deleting my joke profile immediately. I was going to smack talk for the next week, then troll in the regular threads (making more and more absurd claims about the Cheatriots) until my profile was deleted, in which time I was going to reveal my joke.

You know what would be really funny?

Banning LambertsFrontTeeth AND BradyisGOD!
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Dec 05, 2007 at 19:49 »

Oops. I think I just outed myself...snicker.

LambertsFrontTeeth. :D  :D  :D
Nice one!  I wouldn't have known unless you had posted the above quoted material.

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Dec 05, 2007 at 19:51 »

Where did you get the screen name lambert?

I "googled" it and there is a Pats fan with the screen name "BradyIsGod."

Funny stuff, though I am a bit disappointed it wasn't a "legit" troll.  

You played the role well!

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Dec 05, 2007 at 21:02 »

At least Smith was right about the Bengals receivers being better.  He must've forgot about the difference in talent at the QB and O-line positions though.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Dec 05, 2007 at 23:08 »

Pardon me, but I'll need an explanation how these hos get off and all the young kids are dying? Change the rule.

Just joking....what I mean is basically fuck anyone that has rooted for NE over the past few years. They continue to sample Pacs voice but he'd never be with half of the state's policy.

The Patriots suck. Steelers fans own yall.

Man up.. Ben's gonna beat Brady senseless on physical ability.
« Last Edit: Dec 05, 2007 at 23:12 by Y2Joyce » Logged

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Dec 05, 2007 at 23:19 »

Nice to see BeardyisGod (if there ever was a more compelling argument against atheism, I'd like to hear it) checks in here for all his latest news.

Smith needs to stfu.  But, whatever.  We'll need to hit and wrap and finish our blocks to win, with or without a guarantee.  It's just another football game.

And you and me will still have to work the next monday.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Dec 05, 2007 at 23:28 »

Well now, thats quite a thing for Smith to say. Don't really like it myself. Now the Pats will have an even bigger chip on their shoulder. And how does he know the Bengals WR's are better than the Pats WR's? He hasn't played against the Pats yet. Oh man, I'm listening to Sportscenter right now, and I hear "Steelers guarantee win at Pats"....Great....He better hope he is Lee Flowers and blocks the game winning FG, and makes a pick, and a sack, and returns a fumble he caused for a TD.....This can't be good...
padgfrombf

« Reply #17 on: Dec 05, 2007 at 23:54 »

OMG, that's almost as bad as the Lee Flowers comment about TB as paper champions.  Flowers got a break when Shawn King started as QB and stunk out the building shortly thereafter.

Problem for Smith looking to hit something in blue is that the Pats won't, or don't, try to beat you with Stallworth or Moss running a lot of slants over the middle.  Welker and Watson do that, and they seem to be able to take and give punishment.  I'll be curious to see what LeBeau has up his sleeve.
Jason15215
N00b

« Reply #18 on: Dec 06, 2007 at 00:43 »

Yeah I heard it too. He guaranteed it kinda wimpy though. "We have nothing to lose" How do they have nothing to lose??
padgfrombf

« Reply #19 on: Dec 06, 2007 at 00:53 »

I would have rather heard Smith with this stuff if it were the playoffs.  The Steelers locker room seems almost too businesslike at times, especially for a team that hasn't played well on the road.  I guess it's the timing of the of the comments rather than its content.  Even is the Steelers pull off the win, they'll still not get home field from NE, though it would be nice to slide past Indy.  Beating the Pats does not necessarily make a huge statement; nor did it in 2004.

There's a difference between the Baltimore game and this one.  Sunday night past was the Raven's Super Bowl.  It isn't the case for the Steelers this weekend.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 ... 5  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: