Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 23, 2014 at 02:58 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Poll
Question: Should LeBeau primarily use blitz packages to rattle Brady, or coverage packages to take away his choices?
Blitz!  Go on the attack!  The only way to win is to rattle Brady! - 17 (54.8%)
Cover.  Matchups do not favor us on the blitz, except when used sparingly. - 14 (45.2%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Blitz or Cover?  (Read 2012 times)
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #20 on: Dec 09, 2007 at 23:42 »

ps...oh and I obstained from voting just so i can complain afterwards.
They neither blitzed nor covered, so your vote would have been moot anyway.  Just like in an electoral college system.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #21 on: Dec 09, 2007 at 23:56 »

Just like in an electoral college system.
Amen to that....there was no blitzing or covering to be seen today. Interesting strategy. The if we don't cover them, they will be so surprised they won't catch the ball thing didn't work out so well today....Tough day for you Penso with the Gunners stumbling as well today. At least Mourhino says he's out of the England job running...
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #22 on: Dec 10, 2007 at 00:03 »

the Gunners stumbling as well today.
Damn you. I had hoped you missed that.

Worst weekend ever.  Except for Mayweather.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #23 on: Dec 10, 2007 at 00:15 »

Damn you. I had hoped you missed that.

Not a chance. Especially with a cross town trip to North London looming next and 3 points down. No Drogba for the next 2 months is a serious blow as Sheva just isn't top notch these days...Was surprised to seeMayweather come up with KO, but he is still the man.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #24 on: Dec 10, 2007 at 08:18 »

Apparently, we settled on something that involved not blitzing and not covering.  I'm shocked we lost!

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #25 on: Dec 10, 2007 at 09:28 »

It's kind of like the John McKay quote about his Bucs in 76:

"We didn't block anybody today.  But we made up for it by not tackling."

The thing I would like to see is Haggans, Keisel, and Harrison coming off the edge, as we did vs. Indy and Denver in the 05 playoffs.  Cut those guys loose and let them rush, especially Harrison.

Sometimes I don't think we trust our front 5 enough.  

Grain of salt of course since I didn't see the game.  But I would like to see our OLBs and DEs given the freedom to do whatever they have to do to get to the QB.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #26 on: Dec 10, 2007 at 09:37 »

Interesting.  I thought they did too much blitzing and not enough covering in the 2nd half.  Felt like they were constantly bringing 5 or 6, but it's kinda tough to get to the QB when he's taking 3 step drops and unloading.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #27 on: Dec 10, 2007 at 19:04 »

I agree. I think that this weakness was exposed (albeit much more slightly) by Cutler in Denver several weeks ago.

We have problems with QB's that have a quick release that can accurately throw the short stuff. They just march the field on us.  

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
vcuram
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #28 on: Dec 10, 2007 at 22:01 »

Interesting.  I thought they did too much blitzing and not enough covering in the 2nd half.  Felt like they were constantly bringing 5 or 6, but it's kinda tough to get to the QB when he's taking 3 step drops and unloading.
That's kinda what I thought too.  I think that we telegraphed our defensive gameplan.  Everyone was saying that the Eagles and Ravens found the blueprint to beat the Pats by blitzing the hell out of Brady.  Well, we tried that in the first half, they knew we were going to do it, and they gameplanned to beat our blitzes.

I thought we should have dropped more into coverage in the first half, then brought the blitz a ton in the second half.  Their coaches and players knew what we were going to do  and used it against us.

Also, Troy P would've made a big difference in this game.

I've thrown a kettle over a pub before.  What the fuck have you ever done?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: