Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 17, 2014 at 04:38 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: So what's the deal here?  (Read 1750 times)
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #20 on: Dec 10, 2007 at 10:48 »

Problem is, we're not even guaranteed a playoff berth yet, let alone the division title. Furthermore, we get to play a team that matches up extremely well against us next week, then get to play a road game four days later, and then get to play against another division rival on the road. We could just as conceivably lose out as win out, and I don't like the feeling.
With a Steeler loss and San Diego win, the #3 seed is now kinda up for grabs; only a one game lead over the Chargers.  Good thing they swept the division.

3-0 = #3.

2-1 still pretty much guarantees them the #3.

1-2 and this is where it gets dicey.  #3 is a remote possibility, but a WC spot is probably more likely.  Toss up if it would be the #5 or #6.

0-3 ~~ backing into the playoffs and at best a #6.  Yeah, I know, but this ain't '05.  Likely road trip to S.D. in R1 with a road trip to Foxboro again if they manage to beat Turner and the Bolts.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
padgfrombf

« Reply #21 on: Dec 10, 2007 at 11:06 »

Agree with aj.  What makes the Jax game pretty large is that if the PS can come up with a big effort, then take out Brock Berlin and the Rams next Thursday, they would have the #3/#4 seed clinched and rest the walking wounded against the Ravens, basically giving themselves a bye week plus 3 days.  That probably goes out the door with a loss to the Jags.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #22 on: Dec 10, 2007 at 16:05 »

I just hope they live long enough to play those fucking Patsies again.  Can't say why I'd expect a different outcome, but I'd like to see what happens.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: