Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 01, 2014 at 02:56 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Big Ben - Top 5 QB  (Read 992 times)
padgfrombf

« Reply #10 on: Dec 13, 2007 at 13:43 »

Yeah, it actually seems to be a decently thought out ranking, and even their top 32 is pretty reasonable, IMO.  They do get extra credit for not drinking the Kool Aid regarding Eli Manning.  Here's a few additional comments:

I'll buy into their top 8 picks without comment.

With McNabb, you have to ask the question of whether they think that he's coming back at anything approaching full strength.  I hate watching the Eagles offense, but McNabb has always been effective in it, even when he had crud WR's.  I guess he's a top 10 in that WCO system, but wonder if he'd be even top 20 on any other team.

Garrard is given a top 10 ranking after 10 starts?  People tend to think that he's a young QB, but the guy's going to be 30 next year.  I suspect that Jeff Garcia or Phillip Rivers could have played the same 10 games with the same results and numbers.  And he didn't have a great year last year.  Anyway, I think he's closer to #13 or so until he gets a few more starts and a playoff game under his belt.

Ditto for Derek Anderson, may be a couple slots too high, for now.  Agree with the above comment questioning accuracy on the short throw.  That may a little overrated.

Right now, Phillip Rivers is way better than Vince Young, and Jon Kitna is better than Jason Campbell.  Those two should be ranked higher.  Same for Delhomme, if he comes back 100%.

McNair is physically done, and would be behind Culpepper and Boller if he were still active.  In this case, past performance does not apply.

Out of the rest, I'd say that they undervalued Feeley, Rosenfels, Batch, Collins, Gray, and Carr (he's not good, but better than #63).  They overvalued Quinn (no starts) and maybe Dilfer (physically declined this year).

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: