Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 03, 2014 at 03:10 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: NFL Replay - Guess what's on  (Read 861 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« on: Dec 12, 2007 at 19:15 »

Don't look.  For the love of god, don't look.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Dec 12, 2007 at 19:26 »

Do they EVER show it when we win the friggin' game?

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #2 on: Dec 12, 2007 at 19:41 »

Do they EVER show it when we win the friggin' game?
I can't remember one since the back-to-back NE, Philly games in the NFL Networks' first season.  Remember the Halloween game?  That was awesome.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
BleedGreen710
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #3 on: Dec 13, 2007 at 07:38 »

I thought this was about showing good games.  If they were just planning on showing the first half, I could maybe understand.  

Who's gonna watch this though?  Seriously?

Pats fans suck, and would rather watch the BoSox, and Steelers fans most definitely won't want to see it again, and we rule the country!

Good luck with this one NFL Network.

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 3rd round draft pick.
jasonic

« Reply #4 on: Dec 13, 2007 at 11:26 »

which game were they showing?  unfortunately, the NYC cable companies and the NFL network can't come to grips with who will make the money so we here are rendered NFL network-less for the time being.

i do remember that halloween game.  Lengendary.  Ravens.  we killed them.  my buddy was dressed up like Al Davis (he's a diehard Raven as well) with a fake Lombardi trophy to boot.  by the end of the game we were trying to make it into a Lombardibong but were all to stupid to make it work.  people still talk about that night at the bar as it seemed everyone had the perfect mindset that night.  ahem, mindset.  

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Dec 13, 2007 at 11:38 »

i do remember that halloween game.  Lengendary.  Ravens.  we killed them.  my buddy was dressed up like Al Davis (he's a diehard Raven as well) with a fake Lombardi trophy to boot.  by the end of the game we were trying to make it into a Lombardibong but were all to stupid to make it work.  people still talk about that night at the bar as it seemed everyone had the perfect mindset that night.  ahem, mindset.
The Vince Lombardibong.  Later to be immortalized atop the TV behind the bar, later to disappear under mysterious circumstances.

We couldn't figure out if the bowl should go at the top or bottom, or where the carb should be.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Dec 13, 2007 at 11:52 »

i do remember that halloween game.  Lengendary.  Ravens.  we killed them.  my buddy was dressed up like Al Davis (he's a diehard Raven as well) with a fake Lombardi trophy to boot.  by the end of the game we were trying to make it into a Lombardibong but were all to stupid to make it work.  people still talk about that night at the bar as it seemed everyone had the perfect mindset that night.  ahem, mindset.
The Vince Lombardibong.  Later to be immortalized atop the TV behind the bar, later to disappear under mysterious circumstances.

We couldn't figure out if the bowl should go at the top or bottom, or where the carb should be.
I don't know what the devil you fellows are talking about.  Some sort of secret language, apparently.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Dec 13, 2007 at 19:34 »

I thought this was about showing good games. If they were just planning on showing the first half, I could maybe understand.

Who's gonna watch this though? Seriously?

I'm sure Nantz and Simms were watching gleefully. With their lube. "It's for research purposes..."

Anyone else perturbed that Brady's "badass" act was glorified over and over again in all their highlight packages during the game. If Ben does anything like that it'd be a big deal and he'd be a dick or whatever.

Then we get to see Kraft and CBS Prez Les Moonves holding hands up in their little makeout booth.

Followed by Nantz and Simms' heartfelt best wishes to some guy who helped Tom first learn to grip balls. The guy probably had a head cold or something and these flamers take time out from the game to bring it up when it does nobody any good at all. Maybe he really is sick but he has nothing to do with the game and I do not care. It's probably AIDS.  

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Dec 13, 2007 at 23:27 »

I'm sure Nantz and Simms were watching gleefully. With their lube. "It's for research purposes..."

Pete Townsend.  Nice.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
jasonic

« Reply #9 on: Dec 14, 2007 at 10:10 »

"taught him how to grip balls."  nice.  I like when the announcers say certain players have "unbelieveable ball control."  i believe the term is innuendo...

isn't the halloween game the one that Al Michaels said someone on the steelers came from behind and "gave him a reacharound."  classic.

"If you make every game a life and death proposition, you're going to have problems. For one thing, you'll be dead a lot."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: