Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Sep 01, 2014 at 21:42 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I love Dick Lebeau... however he is slipping.  (Read 1524 times)
timmons=lloyd
N00b

« on: Dec 14, 2007 at 22:33 »

FIRST OFF... HAVE A GOOD CHRISTMAS AND A SAFE NEW YEAR TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES.

TOMLIN AND LEBEAU LOOKED BACK OVER THE TAPE VS Pats** AND FOUND...

It was almost all blitz; it was a blitz-a-thon the whole day. REALLY

Here is our breakdown of the Steelers pressure and what the Pats** did against it:

3-man rush

2 of 2 for 18 yards

3-yard TD pass to Wes Welker came against three-man pressure

4-man rush

6 of 10 for 59 yards

4-yard TD pass to Randy Moss came against four-man pressure

5-man rush LEBEAU'S ZONE BLITZ

18 of 28 for 179 yards - both big plays come out of this package...

Add one play in which RB Kevin Faulk was called for holding

Tom Brady scrambled for 4 yards against a five-man rush

Randy Moss drew a defensive holding call against a five-man rush

The Pats** ran four quick receiver screens that made it difficult to determine how many players were rushing because the ball was out so quickly ... The team had a quick play-action pass in which the ball was out quickly and had the Steelers playing run, making it difficult to determine how many players were rushing. ... The lateral touchdown play is not included because the ball was out so quickly and defensive pursuit went to Randy Moss instead of Tom Brady.

ANYONE FOR TAMPA 2 ?... EFEECTIVELY A 4 MAN RUSH BY DLINE AND A COVER 3 BEHIND IT.

FARRIOR TO ALMOST GO AS FAR BACK AS SAFTEIES ON PASS PLAY. COVERING MIDDLE FIELD.

I THINK TOMLIN MUST PLAY HIS TAMPA 2 AGAINST THE Pats** NEXT TIME AROUND...

WOODLEY LDE / HARRISON / KEISEL RDE. TIMMONS ROLB / FOOTE / HAGGANS LOLB. FARRIOR / TIMMONS MLB.

PROBABLY NEED A RDE IN DRAFT TO MAKE IT WORK.

LEBEAU'S 5 MAN BLITZ (ZONE IS USELESS) AGAINST A QUICK THROWER.

AS YOU SEE A 4 MAN RUSH WAS MAINTAINABLE BY OUR D'S LOFTY STANDARDS.

YOU DON'T BEAT THE CHEATS BY RUSHING MORE THAN 4 - YOU REALLY DON'T. ARE YOU LISTENING LE STINK?

TOMLIN COULD CONVERT OUR BASE 3-4 TO TAMPA 2 without subbing

A base 3-4 D has the 2 middle backers on the SAME level as each other...

All you would have to do is place the middle backer (2) just say FOOTE / TIMMONS 3-5 YARDS CLOSER to the safeties. FARRIOR ON OUR RIGHT SIDE STAYS THE SAME.

When he reads / knows it is pass he drops back the the safeties level... (TAMPA 2)

If he reads run / and it is a run (Anthony Smith ) he tackles the ball carrier.

WHY HASN'T TOMLIN AND LEBEAU DONE SOMETHING LIKE THIS?

IT IS IN ESSENCE THE TAMPA 2 DEFENSE - However it would be better against the run.

If the D line plays 2 gap (WHICH WE DO MOST TIMES) and Harrison IS THE BACKER COMING AFTER THE QB Foote / Timmons plays deeper than the normal MLB 2 does in a base 3-4.

It will stop the INTERMEDIATE ball - safeties do not charge until the ball is over the line of scrimmage AND in a back's hand...

ANTHONY SMITH - FALLS FOR PLAYACTION WHEN Pats** RUN IT 8 TIMES... STAY DEEP. SAFETIES WILL STAY DEEP ALL GAME.

AN EASY WAY TO STOP PASSING SIDES... AND YOU HAVE BACKERS AND D / LINE ON THE FIELD SO NO-ONE WILL RUN ON US.

AS THE DLINE'S JOB IS TO TIE UP BLOCKERS ANYWAY THE BACKER WHO BLITZES SHOULD COME BASICALLY FREE.

EASY WAY TO FIX THE PROBLEMS WE HAD SUNDAY.

TIMMONS WOULD EXCEL AT THIS SPOT. QUICK / CAN CATCH AND CAN HIT AND STOMP ON BACKS RUNNING THE BALL.

So...

As per normal up front

but MLB'S LINE UP LIKE THIS

Timmons / FOOTE = third level

Farrior. = 2nd level

DLINE. (FIRST LEVEL)

MLB 2 (TIMMONS / FOOTE) 3-5 yards further back of their normal spot at MLB2 (CLOSER TO SAFETIES) FROM FARRIOR.

WITH HAMPTON INSIDE THE RUN UP THE MIDDLE IS AVOIDED ANYWAY.

Simple yet effective.

And oh so easy.

TAMPA 2 MADE EASY. WITHOUT SUBSTITUTING PLAYERS AND THE LIKE... GREAT AGAINST THE NO HUDDLE.
KEY IS TO ONLY RUSH 4 PEOPLE. GENERALLY D / LINE AND ONE BACKER.

ANY ZONE BLITZES (KEIESEL / SMITH) DROPPING IN TO COVERAGE HAS TO HAVE A SIMILAR RESULT. WHERE SOMEONE COVERS THE MIDDLE PART OF THE FIELD A LITTLE MORE THAN USUAL... 6 - 12 YARDS SHOULD DO IT.

Instead of a 25 yard completion it may go for 6-8. BIG DIFFERENCE.

SO IF YOU ARE PLAYING A RUN - ORIENTATED TEAM - BALTILESS - NORMAL 3-4 BASE. MIDDLE BACKERS ON SAME LEVEL.
IF YOU ARE PLAYING COLTS AND Pats** - PASSING TEAMS - DROP THE MLB2 - Foote and Timmons further back - 5-6 yards. It is effectively the Tampa 2 (ending up the same level as safeties) = cover 3.

However with better run stoppers on the field than a normal Tampa 2, SIDES WILL NOT POWER RUN US like you can do to the colts.

The D / line. Keisel / Smith / McBean could rush just a little more. With the knowledge a run will be supported by Timmons - further back. And a pass will have a cover 2, plus Timmons playing that Tampa 2 'Mike' linebacker role. EFFECTIVELY COVER 3 And or covering the Slot reciever / or third wide out - at a deeper level. E.G WELKER.

IT WORKS. AND IT CONFUSES QB'S NO END.

Am I correct in saying... That Samuel is not a cover corner

That Asante Samuel is not a cover corner.

Asante Samuel is completely a system cornerback. His role is to play deep zone on the right hand side of the field.

The *** Pats** - effectively have a cover 3 on everyplay.

Samuel - deep zone, the SS and FS all play a 3 deep zone.

If Harrison comes up to stop the run or play on the Tight end then...

Samuel and Hobbs will play deep zone with the free safety (Wilson , Gay). Effectively a cover 3 deep.

If you notice Samuel really does not care if you catch a 6-8 yard pass on him - the system (BELICHEAT) only asks him to play deep zone. YOU OFTEN SEE HIM CHEATING - JUMPING A ROUTE AS HE IS DEEPER THAN THE WIDE OUT HE IS GUARDING and can make a play on the ball.
Surely comebacks, outs and in routes should be played against him.

Am I correct or wrong on this fact.

Why can't Ike Taylor play the same way... he is just as quick, and a 8 yard completion is better than a 40 yarder.

Simple yet effective.

Why don't sides play 3 WR'S ON THE RIGHT AND MAKE SAMUEL HARRISON AND THE LOLB ACCOUNTABLE.

Obviously the way the Pats** defend, they cover deep and the sidelines.

THE MIDDLE IS ENTIRELY OPEN.

MILLER AND SPAETH SHOULD HAVE SHREDDED THEM - IF THEY WERE THROWN THE BALL LAST SUNDAY.

Bookmark this post. Lawrence Timmons will be the best backer

If lined up like this he will be the greatest sack leader of all time.

FS deep. Clark / Smith gets wr3.

Pol = wr 4 (lined up with backers 2nd level. With 1st middle linbacker.

Foote = 5th wr = back. 3rd level just behind 2nd level a little more to his right.

Bmac= 2 Wr.

Ike = wr 1.

Timmons, Woodley, Smith, Haggans, Hampton, Farrior / Foote blitz everydown. Timmons plays just a little wider at ROLB. If a TE is not moved there it is SMITH and Timmons VS LT.

The Corners play 7-8 yards of wide recievers.

You get 7-8 sacks everygame. The quarterback is taken out everygame.

It is the Steelers equivalent of the chuck and duck. But as we have Hampton and Farrior inside no-one runs inisde. As the CB's are 7-8 yards off WR's they stop the outside runs. As Timmons is wider at ROLB no side runs to the left of the line. Accordingly Foote Farrior Woodley and Haggans can line up a little wider in their positions to stop the run to the right.

A great Defense. If the quarterback does get a long one off it gives you time to Carson him = out of the game for good.

This week against Carson don't let him throw the deep ball. That is the ball he is most productive at.

Can I be Defensive coordinator. You know you love it.

This is how to get Woodley and Timmons more gametime

On first Down:

RDE - Woodley

NT - Hampton (2 gap scheme) As per normal.

LDE - Haggans

ROLB - Harrison

LOLB - Foote

MLB 1 - Farrior

MLB 2 - Timmons (IN SPACE) until gets more strength.

CB 1 - Taylor

CB 2 - BMac

FS - Clark / Smith

SS - Pol

On second down: replace linebacker with defensive back. Replace Hampton with Smith. (Now nickel)

RDE - Woodley

NT - Smith (More Bull rushing / Stunting / Blitzing than Hampton.

LDE - Haggans

LOLB - Harrison

MLB 1 - Farrior

MLB 2 - Timmons

CB 1 - Taylor

CB 2 - BMac

CB 3 - Townsend

FS - Clark / Smith

SS - Pol

On third down: replace another linebacker with defensive back. Replace Smith with Kiesel. (Now Dime) Farrior gets benched for Timmons.

RDE - Woodley

NT - Keisel (More Bull rushing / Stunting / Blitzing than Hampton.

LDE - Haggans

LOLB - Harrison (Floater) Goes wherever their D line is weak. Blitz or cover area of field.

MLB 1 - Timmons

CB 1 - Taylor

CB 2 - BMac

CB 3 - Townsend

CB 4 - Smith / Clark

FS - Clark / Smith

SS - Pol

This will allow more playmakers on the field. The plan is to play FS and SS deep in a cover 2 scheme. They will clean up the run game.

All corners when they are on the field will cover the WR (everywhere they go - NO ZONE). They get support over the top from the safeties.

With only 1 Dlineman (really) on the line at times it will give Lebeau more ability to Zone blitz the backers and now (Linebackers) at the end spot.
Imagine Haggans and Woodley 'having a zone' the 'other designated blitzers' would have a field day. I love DE's who can cover as well.

You will cover everything and only send 2 or maybe 3 , 4 guys at once. NO MORE.

As we have more speed on the field we will clean up the short passing game. With Hampton / (Smith and Kiesel) on the nose (Keisel on 3rd downs or long yardage situations) we will stop the inside runs. Runs to the outside will be impossible.

Keisel and Smith and even Hampton can drop back into coverage at stages. And Smith and Keisel could QB spy and even run with running backs knowing we have 2 safeties deep.

The Zone blitz here would be amazing. Every guy could drop or rush making the other team having to max protect. Then you can send 2 maybe 3 guys and the rest are covered. And still pressure.

P.S this will work in most situations but would be near on impossible for a team to come back from 1 or more scores down.

The reality with the COLTS and Pats** not having a 'stud' running back we could limit the passing yards and probably give the back 3 - 3.5 yards a carry.

This scheme makes the running back beat you. They don't against us.

This is great for the cap. Linebackers are less than DE / DT.

I don't know why teams pay over the odds for a DT / DE when they are one dimensional. They don't cover and are shocking against the run.

This would keep the Pats** / COLTS to 21 to 24 points. Approx 200 yards passing. 85 - 110 on the ground. BECAUSE OF LE STINK

Can we score that against them? YES.

Against the Pats** / COLTS we must run the football. A.v 3.8 / 4.0 yards a carry. Don't let Belicheat start nickles and Dimes. Pats** LIKE TO SCORE FIRST. IF WE DO WE CAN WIN THIS FOOTBALL MATCH.

Is Mike Tomlin an X's and O's coach, or more like Cowher - motivator and no-more.

Please tell me it is the former.

WE DO THESE THINGS WE BEAT THE CHEATRIOTS.

That's why Cowher failed for me as he had the sole rights of DE's - OLB's for more than 10 years. No other side played the 3-4 for long periods. He should have 3 SB rings. Cowher never realised the Nickel and Dime Defense - be it the 3-3-5 the 2-4-5 1-4-6 can slow down teams.

That's how Belichick defeated the Giants and Rams. If I was coach against the Pats**** (Not regular game - don't give it away) but in the playoffs I would use the 2-4-5 and the 1-4-6 often. At times rush just 3 out of the 2-4-5. Using the LDE on the Tightend. Playing a cover 3. FARRIOR COVERING MIDDLE / WELKER's dumpoffs and bubble screens. MAKE THE BACK BEAT YOU WHICH RARELY EVER DOES TO PITTSBURGH.
WELKER MAKES THE Pats**** GO. YOU MUST HIT HIM,HIT HIM,HIT HIM, SIMILAR TO BELICHICK DID TO MARSHALL FAULK. (Martz and Levy should have run more) but the Pats**** can't against us even if we are in our nickels as we play the run well. I THOUGHT BELICHICK WOULD HAVE CALLED DILLON AS THEY NEED A BACK WHO THREATENS A D. MARONEY DOES NOT AT THIS STAGE. So you can sell out on the pass.
We can Belichick Belichick against the Pats****. Keep possession (use Najeh) more as a power runner against the 3-4 D.

We would need the ball 34 - 36 mins to win it. We can and will I believe come playoffs.

Why? Don't let em get behind you, and smash the WR's all day. Moss is soft, Welker avoids body contact, Stallworth = yuk.

You need to establish the run game, thats how you beat Belichick's teams. Might refer to Mike Shanahan's PLANS against him. = Good success. MUST USE NAJEH MORE. I think Mahan with Kreider's chop blocks can go ok against Wilfork - opening up the middle.

You pick on Hobbs and Bruschi and Seau in the passing game. Miller and Speath will have big games. Need to run it 40 times to win. Pick your spots. When going deep don't go to Eugene Wilson's side. 40 times = 130 - 150 yards will be enough.

Adalius Thomas is a liability in the run game and does not play like a 270 linebacker.

Believe me its do-able and we will win it. IN the cold FOXBORO. MOSS = LIABILITY.

Belichick and Brady are ego's. Loves throwing the ball - both of them. Maroney can't be trusted to carry the load. FUMBLES:

you don't think they would just run Maroney against that D? Did Faulk? Thurman Thomas? Not enough.

Brady's ego will not allow a back to run it 35 times - Corey Dillon is not there anymore. THIS IS BIG TOM BRADY'S TEAM. BEAT EGOMANIAC QB'S BY MAKING THE BACK BEAT YOU. He can't help himself, with 8 in coverage and using different zone blizes - rushing 3-4 he will get flustered. (SAN DIEGO GAME LAST YEAR)

NEW ENGLAND'S CANT AND WON'T BEAT US if they need a back to do it for them.

Will: Moss, Stallworth and Welker like not being thrown the ball. NO.

NOW... i have stated this a while back. WE WILL WIN THIS GAME.

PARKER MUST catch balls out of the back field. Atleast 7-8 catches. Belichick does not respect HB's who can run and catch. Fact.

The Slot NB should be Townsend / Timmons. Covering Welker all game.

The Pats**** RG and RT are poor. Sub in Haggans / Woodley / Timmons even Keisel at LOLB all game.

The two most underrated / important players to the Pats**** O are Welker and Watson.

All Pats**** WR's are scared. HIT HIT HIT ALL GAME. ENSURE THEY DON'T GET BEHIND YOU.

ON O SPREAD THE Pats**** OUT. 3 WR'S 1 TE 1 HB. Make sure you keep Seau and Brushi on coverage. Throw to Parker alot. Make em miss. Throw short / run long.

we win this 24 - 16.

CORRECTION: WITH KREIDER OUT IT MAY BE DAVIS, OR SPREAD EM OUT WITH NO FULLBACK AT ALL.

Willie's catching and YAC and not running is key in this game.

To beat a 3-4 D you need a POWER BACK to break through the 3 D man line and 2 OLB's who obviously are not as strong as Olineman, or should not be. Willie is not a POWERBACK unfortunately. = Davenport.

In this game make Moroney beat you. He won't. Sell out on the pass.

Anyone notice Belicheat's face when the rats only rushed 3 guys. To me it signified you never rush just 3 against the Pats****. BELICHICK'S FACE AND BODY LANGUAGE GAVE THAT AWAY.

I thought when a side is close to your goal line you blitz more as there is less area to cover. It appears Ryan stuffed up. Did opposite to this.

Blitz when side is near goalline / or within 30 yards. Play Coverage at your end of the field?

Rashean Mathis is the best corner in the game. But if we....

Rashean Mathis is the best corner in the game. But if we could get Asomosaga (s.p) from raiders (free agent) next season I wouldn't be complaining. Imagine a true Shutdown corner with Our D. Unstoppable I'll tell ya.

Blueprint To Beat LeBeau Written In 2002 / base 3-4 to Tampa 2 in a flash. By Dagger | December 11, 2007

http://www.postgameheroes.com/?p=1905

Brett Keisel was quoted after the Steeler game saying that the defense was
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Dec 14, 2007 at 23:41 »

Woah. Mind blowing.  Post of the decade.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Dec 14, 2007 at 23:50 »

I swear on The Chief's grave this was not me.

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Dec 15, 2007 at 01:04 »

This dude HAS to be in the Mitchell Report.

No way anybody does a post like that without roids.
No. Way.

I'm still the one with the boobs.
timmons=lloyd
N00b

« Reply #4 on: Dec 15, 2007 at 01:28 »

I tried to post this over at...

Steelers Fever - but the MODS ARE LIKE NAZI'S.

PATHETIC TO THINK THEY ACTUALLY BELIEVE THEY HAVE POWER.

Good day to you all.

sysadmin7

« Reply #5 on: Dec 15, 2007 at 01:41 »

Who gave L. Timmons a fucking computer with internet access...see what happens.

LINUX = FREEDOM
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Dec 15, 2007 at 06:00 »

Who gave L. Timmons a fucking computer with internet access...see what happens.
LOL at all you RETARTS!  its Greg Lloyd under his pseudonym of Timmons.  cant you see? its all there in the case files

the anger, angst, and frustration is clearly Greg Lloyd...the only thing missing is timmons=lloyd wielding a gun at everyones head for getting a "C" in gym class.

:m16:

It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again. :ph43r:
« Last Edit: Dec 15, 2007 at 06:00 by jackSplat58 » Logged

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Dec 15, 2007 at 07:37 »

That's lose the left nut long, Tolstoy.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Dec 15, 2007 at 08:38 »

Longest Dick post ever.
Who farted?