Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 31, 2014 at 16:49 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Arians Fucking with My World  (Read 1766 times)
Winters in Holland
Brownstains can suck my Member

« on: Dec 16, 2007 at 13:07 »

Despite Parker breaking about every other run, Arians continues to go away from it by passing on 1st down, passing on 3 straight downs, etc.

This game will be won by the team that can establish the run and control the ground.

And yet every time the Steelers show they are capable of doing so, Arians kills all the momentum by calling 2-3 of his marquee slowly-developing pass plays in a row.

Not only could they get Ben injured, and are more likely to cause a turnover, but they will end up costing Pittsburgh this field position battle bigtime.

Arians' playcalling just fucking disgusts me sometimes.  It's like they want to prove they don't have to play "Steelers football" to win.

.WiH.

I don't care if Lovie Smith and Tony Dungy are black. Good for them. But that doesn't change the way I feel about them. The longer we keep looking at guys like Tony Dungy and Lovie Smith as "BLACK HEAD COACHES" as opposed to just "coaches" the longer race will continue to be a problem. --DoctorJohnnyFever
Winters in Holland

« Reply #1 on: Dec 16, 2007 at 14:08 »

Soooooooooooooooooooo the Steelers finally get back on the field in the 3rd quarter after probably the longest possession against them of the year.

Ball at their own 20.

Snow coming down.

Ben with a shoulder injury.

And once again, Arians calls one of his 5-step drops right off the bat.  Ben is sacked.  Now 2nd and 19 from their own 11, already down 9.

You fucking suck Arians.  Your fucking play calling alone could easily cost this team a decent playoff seeding, and end their season earlier than it should be.

Asshole.

.WiH.

I don't care if Lovie Smith and Tony Dungy are black. Good for them. But that doesn't change the way I feel about them. The longer we keep looking at guys like Tony Dungy and Lovie Smith as "BLACK HEAD COACHES" as opposed to just "coaches" the longer race will continue to be a problem. --DoctorJohnnyFever
Winters in Holland

« Reply #2 on: Dec 16, 2007 at 14:27 »

As I continue my personal rant, it's now the start of the 4th quarter, and just to reiterate:

Willie Parker
9 rushes
55 yards
6.1 YPC

In a game like this, it is fucking inexcusable that Parker only has 9 rushes, especially considering his YPC right now.  

Obviously, down 22-7, you can't run the ball a lot....but the problem is that Arians' continued calling of ineffective pass plays limited the Steelers' time of possession, and kept Pittsburgh's offense off the field.

.WiH.

bamf16
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Dec 16, 2007 at 15:14 »

Third and 7, throw to the sticks.

Fourth and 7, game on the line, tight end screen that comes up short.

What a fucking moron.

Arians and Marvel oughtta be shot for this performance.

No one wants to hear about the labor pains, they just want to see the baby.
--Lou Brock
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Dec 16, 2007 at 15:14 »

Arians has been awful the past couple of weeks.  

Do we have 3 plays in the book?  A draw on 3rd and long (of which, we seem to be in often), some sort of screen to Ward that takes forever to develop, and the usual long bomb to Homes, either at the start of the game or the start of the 3rd Quarter.

Now isn't the time to shit the bed but we've got diarrehea bad.  No pepto in sight.

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
PittsburghPA
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Dec 16, 2007 at 15:15 »

We're now in danger of losing the division.

Q: What's the difference between "hard" and "light"?
A: You can sleep with a light on.
mzimmerman81
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Dec 16, 2007 at 15:15 »

bruce Arians should not be the OC next season

I haven't liked him all year and he keeps feeding into my opinion.

2007 MGS Bracket Challenge Winner
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Dec 16, 2007 at 15:15 »

But Willie rushed for 100 yards, Ben threw 3 TDs and the defense finally got an INT.

Things should be going well, right?

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
Winters in Holland

« Reply #8 on: Dec 16, 2007 at 15:15 »

Welp, that's it.

Obviously, LeBeau and the defense have to take a huge amount of the blame for looking as inept as I have ever seen a Steelers' defense look against the run.

But for the second game in a row, Parker has been able to tear off big runs, boast a great YPC, and still, Arians failed to give them a chance to completely establish the run, control the ball, and eat a bunch of clock.

I'm very disappointed in Bruce Arians in these big games.  The man has no patience with the run when the Steelers are behind.

.WiH.

Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Dec 16, 2007 at 15:16 »

I only caught bits and pieces of the game and I'm ticked.  I feel sorry for you guys who had to watch the whole thing.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: