Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 23, 2014 at 19:35 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Arians Fucking with My World  (Read 2003 times)
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Dec 16, 2007 at 15:21 »

Maybe Baltimore will want Arians????

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Dec 16, 2007 at 15:37 »

The 2 point conversion call was hideous. It only worked because Ben threw a sick block.

Arians seems to be a regression from Whisenhunt, and thats saying something. Obviously life would be better if he had an OL, but make some adjustments man. Ben is going to get hurt bad if this continues.

I definately don't bring him back, no matter how much BR likes him. The truth is BA is hindering the offense with his takes forever plays and not using #39 correctly. Let's hope Tomlin comes to his senses..
whitmer_87
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #12 on: Dec 16, 2007 at 16:39 »

We need a new LT. That is painfully obvious. Ben has always been able to give himself extra time by eluding the rush, however there is very little he can do when someone is converging on his blindside every fucking play. We need a younger guy who is faster than Marvel, which really shouldn't be too hard to find. At this point, I would be an adequate replacement for Smith. He gets beat every fucking play, hell I could do that, and I'm 5'11 215.

We also need another receiver. Although Nate had a big TD today, he and Ced have been very average at best. I really miss ARE actually. I'm glad we didn't overpay him, but I think he would be a valuable asset in this offense.

I agree that the play calling is what hinders the offense the most. The last play was just inexcusable. You run those screen plays on 3rd down to get closer to the stick, not on 4th to get the 1st from 7 yards out. That was just ridiculous.  

"The duty of the comedian is to find out where the line is drawn, and cross it deliberately."-George Carlin
sysadmin7

« Reply #13 on: Dec 16, 2007 at 17:47 »

The 2 point conversion call was hideous. It only worked because Ben threw a sick block.

Arians seems to be a regression from Whisenhunt, and thats saying something. Obviously life would be better if he had an OL, but make some adjustments man. Ben is going to get hurt bad if this continues.

I definately don't bring him back, no matter how much BR likes him. The truth is BA is hindering the offense with his takes forever plays and not using #39 correctly. Let's hope Tomlin comes to his senses..
That was a sick block wasn't it...I loved it, and it really set that play up. That should have been the call last week in NE (on 4th and 1, or at least Ben right up the fucking middle).

Either way, Jacksonville punched us in the mouth all fucking day. I'm at a loss for words really. Ben is a helluva QB and we need to protect our investment.

It's time to buckle the chin strap or shit our pants...

LINUX = FREEDOM
blurjose
N00b

« Reply #14 on: Dec 16, 2007 at 17:50 »

I'm officially on board.

With a pass blocking unit like this there are WAY too many slow developing pass plays being called. The lack of slants is appalling.

I know that our defense blew this in a big way. I'm not saying Arains lost it. I am saying that I am starting to second guess the play calling more and more whereas previously I was giving him the benefit of the doubt.

pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Dec 16, 2007 at 19:34 »

We need a big, bruising back to run between the tackles.

Oops, wrong thread.

Bruce Arians should go, no doubt.  

A shabby Charlie Brown.
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Dec 16, 2007 at 19:56 »

BA has sucked, but, sorry, this loss is on the defense.

I know the TOP was all Jax, but, when your offense comes back, and your defense can't stop the run and you KNOW the opponent is going to run it...well...

Aaron Smith is clearly a big guy missing, but the defense HAS to play better than that.  

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
Winters in Holland
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #17 on: Dec 16, 2007 at 19:59 »

Re:  Once again, the lack of slant passes...

I watched the game in its entirety, and I believe I counted ONE 3-step, quick throw play, if you don't count those awful WR screens they always try to throw in the 1st quarter.

Needless to say, it was completed for about 10 yards, and then you never saw it again.

You would think that after getting a first hand bang-me-up-the-ass clinic on the effectiveness of short, quick passes from New England last week, that we would've learned something from it, and tried to incorporate some aspect of that into our offensive game plan.

Nope!

.WiH.

I don't care if Lovie Smith and Tony Dungy are black. Good for them. But that doesn't change the way I feel about them. The longer we keep looking at guys like Tony Dungy and Lovie Smith as "BLACK HEAD COACHES" as opposed to just "coaches" the longer race will continue to be a problem. --DoctorJohnnyFever
nate07
N00b

« Reply #18 on: Dec 16, 2007 at 20:08 »

Re:  Once again, the lack of slant passes...

I watched the game in its entirety, and I believe I counted ONE 3-step, quick throw play, if you don't count those awful WR screens they always try to throw in the 1st quarter.

Needless to say, it was completed for about 10 yards, and then you never saw it again.

You would think that after getting a first hand bang-me-up-the-ass clinic on the effectiveness of short, quick passes from New England last week, that we would've learned something from it, and tried to incorporate some aspect of that into our offensive game plan.

Nope!

.WiH.
Thats exactly what I was thinking the whole game! You think BA would know that our O-line can't hold a block for more than 3 seconds, and we need to run more quick slant passes. Especially on the last drive of the game. Every play ben was looking deep and was nothing was open. I was hoping that Ben would start to run the no-huddle and start throwing the quck pass plays but it never happened.  
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #19 on: Dec 16, 2007 at 22:06 »

save your breath WiH...there is no need to harp on the dead horse known as BA.  he died last week after a long and painful bout of shittyassoffensivecoo rdinatoritis.  Myself, after 13 grueling weeks, have come to the realization that THIS is what we will expect no matter what from the man.  he will NOT get any better by changing his ways nor will he suddenly realize that Ben is getting killed on a weekly basis.

I have come to the sad conclusion that he is either a Brownie mole fucking the career up of Ben Roethlisberger or he is just a complete and utter tit on a bull.  shit, it even might be a combination of the two.

RIP Bruce Arians...go suck a cock!

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: