Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 30, 2014 at 09:23 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: An Open Letter To Aaron Smith  (Read 450 times)
DoctorJohnnyFever
No longer a N00b!

« on: Dec 16, 2007 at 15:31 »

Get well soon.  

"The MGS board is regarded here as a board with adult rated content. There are virtually no rules. There are no words that are inappropriate and no subject that cannot be discussed. Should you feel the need to get crazy, do it there. You will be welcomed with open arms."

DoctorJohnnyFever
No longer a N00b!

« Reply #1 on: Dec 16, 2007 at 16:02 »

To continue, when the season ends and the Steelers front office is putting together their list of off-season needs, once we get beyond all five offensive line positions, I think you could thrown in depth on the D-line. Seriously. The good thing is, a prudent free agent signing can land you a good depth/rotation guy to A. Fill in and B. keep the other guys fresh.

The Steelers have three excellent starting defensive linemen.......and after that.....very little. As we've seen, when one goes down, the talent drop off from the starter to the backup is gigantic. Other than the quarterback position, I don't think there is a bigger drop in talent from starter-to-backup than what we see on the defensive line.

I don't think Shuan Nua or Ryan McBean is the answer to that question, and NIck Eason and Travis Kirschke are just warm bodies.

Just something to think about next week when Steven Jackson spends his day putting his cleat marks on Nick Eason's face.
« Last Edit: Dec 16, 2007 at 16:03 by DoctorJohnnyFever » Logged

"The MGS board is regarded here as a board with adult rated content. There are virtually no rules. There are no words that are inappropriate and no subject that cannot be discussed. Should you feel the need to get crazy, do it there. You will be welcomed with open arms."

Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Dec 16, 2007 at 16:40 »

I honestly didn't realize how valuable Aaron Smith was to us until he got hurt this year.

And while we're on the Dline subject, are we really using Keisel in the way that we should?  It seems like the game plan keeps him out of position at times.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
leighclay
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Dec 19, 2007 at 00:02 »

I honestly didn't realize how valuable Aaron Smith was to us until he got hurt this year.

And while we're on the Dline subject, are we really using Keisel in the way that we should?  It seems like the game plan keeps him out of position at times.
I wonder about that as well.
Keis is huge, and should have more of an impact than he does.

And I pray for the recovery of Aaron Smith, though I know it will be too late to help for this season...

I'm still the one with the boobs.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: