Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 23, 2014 at 11:17 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Attendance  (Read 1543 times)
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Dec 17, 2007 at 06:42 »

Let me add that weather is also a pretty lame excuse.  Sunday was "Steeler" weather.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
oblongatta
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Dec 17, 2007 at 12:51 »

been saying that for the past two home games.  Tickets are ridiculously easy and cheap to get.

the weather was bad but so what.

and I was there til the end.

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Dec 17, 2007 at 12:53 »

I was mighty pissed when the Jags went up 22-7.  Scared the dog and cat shitless, and Mrs. Finny got a little angry at me for being so vocal in my disgust.  That was nothing compared to the vitriol I had for the fans who started leaving.  WTF?  How can you ever leave, when Ben is QB?  We were laughing at those fools when the Steelers tied it up.  

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Dec 17, 2007 at 13:39 »

We were laughing at those fools when the Steelers tied it up.

Couldn't agree more.  We stayed for the entire debacle vs. the Ravens last season.  Didn't pay close attention to the game in the 4th (took the HoF walk, checked out the view from the ramp, etc.) but we were there.  I surely wouldn't leave in the 3rd quarter of a game, especially...

when Ben is QB?

Maybe I'm a fool, but I believe in this guy.  I believe he will stick his neck out there and put it all on the line until the final gun, and more often than not give us a chance to win.  I have to stick with a guy like that.

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Dec 17, 2007 at 13:44 »

To paraphrase the 80s punk band the Dicks, those people need to be shot.

pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Dec 17, 2007 at 13:45 »

We were laughing at those fools when the Steelers tied it up.

Couldn't agree more.  We stayed for the entire debacle vs. the Ravens last season.  Didn't pay close attention to the game in the 4th (took the HoF walk, checked out the view from the ramp, etc.) but we were there.  I surely wouldn't leave in the 3rd quarter of a game, especially...

Buncha burtons, leaving in the 3rd quarter.

when Ben is QB?

Maybe I'm a fool, but I believe in this guy.  I believe he will stick his neck out there and put it all on the line until the final gun, and more often than not give us a chance to win.  I have to stick with a guy like that.

He made a bad decision on the final play last night, though.  Gotta get the ball past the sticks.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Dec 17, 2007 at 13:54 »

He made a bad decision on the final play last night, though. Gotta get the ball past the sticks.

Yeah, but I guess it's better to get the ball to Heat and give him a shot than it is to take the sack, which was about to happen.  

Sorry to change the subject, but Heat gave an awesome effort going for the first down.  And can someone tell me again why we're not doing more to get the ball to him?

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: Dec 17, 2007 at 14:01 »

He made a bad decision on the final play last night, though. Gotta get the ball past the sticks.

Yeah, but I guess it's better to get the ball to Heat and give him a shot than it is to take the sack, which was about to happen.  

Sorry to change the subject, but Heat gave an awesome effort going for the first down.  And can someone tell me again why we're not doing more to get the ball to him?
We're saving those terribly effective passes to Heat for the playoffs.  You know, ace in the hole?

BTW, at first I didn't think Heat made it, but that sausage-fingered Dierdorff changed my mind.  Looked like, on replay, he cleared 1st down by about a foot.  

LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #18 on: Dec 17, 2007 at 14:04 »

I thought so, too. It was a lousy spot by the official, but not going to be turned over by review, as the camera was at a poor angle.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #19 on: Dec 17, 2007 at 17:14 »

Miller should've had the first down anyway. He'd have had a better shot by taking the defender(s) on and trying to go over them. Once you're airborne, you're usually screwed. Just like that one Niner fan told me last week.

And splat had it right, I never leave early.

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: