Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 20, 2014 at 21:08 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Attendance  (Read 1376 times)
DoctorJohnnyFever
No longer a N00b!

« on: Dec 16, 2007 at 17:14 »

Steelers attendance for their last three home games:

Heinz Field Capacity: 65,000

It's not like these haven't been big games or anything.  

"The MGS board is regarded here as a board with adult rated content. There are virtually no rules. There are no words that are inappropriate and no subject that cannot be discussed. Should you feel the need to get crazy, do it there. You will be welcomed with open arms."

give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Dec 16, 2007 at 17:22 »

not to mention about 20% of the people that were there left before the 4th quarter started.

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
Winters in Holland
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #2 on: Dec 16, 2007 at 17:33 »

Is that actual turnstile attendance, or is it tickets being bought?

If it's actual gameday attendance, that wouldn't surprise me too much.....but I would be floored if that was total ticket sales, because my impression was that every home game always sells out, which I saw first hand while always getting a late jump on single-game ticket sales.

.WiH.

I don't care if Lovie Smith and Tony Dungy are black. Good for them. But that doesn't change the way I feel about them. The longer we keep looking at guys like Tony Dungy and Lovie Smith as "BLACK HEAD COACHES" as opposed to just "coaches" the longer race will continue to be a problem. --DoctorJohnnyFever
DoctorJohnnyFever
No longer a N00b!

« Reply #3 on: Dec 16, 2007 at 17:36 »

Turnstiles. All of the tickets are sold from today through....well....a lot of years down the road.

Scalpers have been practically giving them away since the end of September.

"The MGS board is regarded here as a board with adult rated content. There are virtually no rules. There are no words that are inappropriate and no subject that cannot be discussed. Should you feel the need to get crazy, do it there. You will be welcomed with open arms."

Jason15215
N00b

« Reply #4 on: Dec 16, 2007 at 17:38 »

Wow thats more than I expected. I thought the attendance was closer to 46-50K
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Dec 16, 2007 at 19:52 »

Turnstiles. All of the tickets are sold from today through....well....a lot of years down the road.

Scalpers have been practically giving them away since the end of September.
Giving them away? Gotta ballpark on that? I'm far away, but, for next year....

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
DoctorJohnnyFever
No longer a N00b!

« Reply #6 on: Dec 16, 2007 at 19:54 »

I've heard the last few weeks seats could be had for less than $30 bucks fifteen minutes before kickoff.

LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Dec 16, 2007 at 20:00 »

WHAT?!?

Damn, I gotta just come up there some day.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Dec 16, 2007 at 22:12 »

not to mention about 20% of the people that were there left before the 4th quarter started.
all those mother effers that decided to "beat the traffic" or "beat the bad weather" by leaving at the end of the third quarter can suck a BIG HAIRY DICK.  maybe it wouldnt have made a difference, but im sure it was those same a-holes that were out on the concourses fucking each other up their collective "sixes" while the Jaggies were marching down the field during a 20 play 10 minute drive to start the 2nd.  the ketchup bottle was a flippin ghost town on TV start of the 3rd...

I swear I only saw Y2Joyce sitting in the 500 section holding a flask and mouthing "where the fuck is everyone"

for those of you that stayed...congrats to you, you at least saw a thrilling comeback and were faithful to the bitter end.  the others...GFY

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Dec 17, 2007 at 06:40 »

I've heard the last few weeks seats could be had for less than $30 bucks fifteen minutes before kickoff.

Forget StubHub.  I'm coming up for gameday with cash in hand next year.

I would have to believe that horrible weather played a major role in the attendance--and the fact that one of those games was vs. the winless Dolphins.  But I'm surprised that there wasn't a huge crow for Sunday, big game vs. a rival that we seem to play annually in spite of not being in the same division.  Maybe it's just the gloomy attitude that we're all playing for the right to get smashed by the Patriots, so what's the point?

For the record, I do not ascribe to that point of view.  We've seen what can happen if you can get to the playoffs, and anyone, ANYONE is beatable when you get down to the final 12.

As for fans leaving early, I have no sympathy for that at all, unless it's 50-0 or something like that.  Even then I question it, cause you stick with your team through thick and thin.  You stay until the final gun, and if you don't, you're soft, you're a wuss, and you deserve to have your season tickets revoked.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: