Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 31, 2014 at 04:55 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Win Thurs and we aren't in...  (Read 1980 times)
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Dec 19, 2007 at 10:55 »

Ya the more I look at it, the more i think Steelers need to win out to make playoffs....I see them winning the division or out, I really feel that the Titans will win out (colts nothing to play for) and the browns could easily do so as well.
Even if the Titans win out, they're going to need help.  Pittsburgh or Cleveland would have to split their last two and the Titans would have to hang their hopes on tiebreakers.  For Jacksonville to get bounced, they'd have to lose their last two against the Jets and Texans.  Don't see it playing out that way at all.

IMO, I think the playoffs will shake out like this:

(1) Pats
(2) Colts
(3) Steelers
(4) Chargers
(5) Jaguars
(6) Browns

Browns @ Steelers - Man, going 3 for 3 is always tough to do, regardless of opponent, but it's the best possible matchup the Steelers could get.

Jaguars @ Chargers - Don't really care about this game, but IMO, Jaguars would give NE fits in Round 2, assuming Pittsburgh wins their Round 1 matchup.  And, honestly, I think this is the best possible scenario for seeing the Patriots getting bounced.  I think I would root almost as much for Jacksonville to go up to Gillette in January and pound the Pastries into the ground as I would for Pittsburgh to win their game.  Almost.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Hercules50.
No longer a N00b!

« Reply #11 on: Dec 19, 2007 at 10:58 »

Jaguars @ Chargers - Don't really care about this game, but IMO, Jaguars would give NE fits in Round 2, assuming Pittsburgh wins their Round 1 matchup.  And, honestly, I think this is the best possible scenario for seeing the Patriots getting bounced.  I think I would root almost as much for Jacksonville to go up to Gillette in January and pound the Pastries into the ground as I would for Pittsburgh to win their game.  Almost.
Good point!

Man, I would love to see Jax play NE....
Puma170
Bleedin' Black and Gold behind enemy lines

« Reply #12 on: Dec 19, 2007 at 11:02 »

(1) Pats
(2) Colts
(3) Steelers
(4) Chargers
(5) Jaguars
(6) Browns
I am not convinced that the Steelers will win out or make the playoffs.  I certainly don't see them jumping San Diego... Clearly you see the Steelers winning out and then San Diego dropping one.  Which one of their remaining games would that be?  

PUMA
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Dec 19, 2007 at 11:14 »

Bolts leapfrogged us to #3 seed, I think by virtue of a better AFC record (we're both 9-5, but they're 7-3 AFC, we're 7-4).  

Of the teams now sitting in the AFC seeding below Indy:

Pitt @ St. Lou - Good God, we had better win this.
Oak @ Jax - Jax.  
Cleve @ Cinci - Cinci sucks, but it's a rivalry game.
Denver @ SD - Denver sucks, but it's a rivalry game.

Then:

Pitt @ Balty - Balty sucks, etc.
Jax @ Houston - Possible upset, but not betting on it.
SF @ Cleve - Cleve.
SD @ Oak - SD.

Not a ton of upsets brewing, IMO.

So if the seeding holds, the WC matchups are Jax @ Pitt, and Cleve @ SD.  Unless we suddenly get a whole lot better, Jax has to be the prohibitive favorite.  SD should take care of Cleveland.  Jax @ NE and SD @ Indy follows.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Dec 19, 2007 at 11:19 »

(1) Pats
(2) Colts
(3) Steelers
(4) Chargers
(5) Jaguars
(6) Browns
I am not convinced that the Steelers will win out or make the playoffs.  I certainly don't see them jumping San Diego... Clearly you see the Steelers winning out and then San Diego dropping one.  Which one of their remaining games would that be?  

PUMA
Shit.

My mistake, forgot that a tie between two clubs from different divisions goes to conference record, not division record, after H2H matchup record.

Fuck.  That changes things, a lot.

Well, Denver @ San Diego on MNF next week.  Two Jekyl & Hyde teams.  Let's hope this is Denver's week "on."

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Dec 19, 2007 at 11:26 »

Geez, a couple weeks ago, I was pulling for Baltimore.  Now, it's Cincy.

*shiver*

I feel like I just stepped in shit...with both feet.

I doubt they'll show any heart though, but maybe they can pull out a win in a shootout?

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Dec 19, 2007 at 11:44 »

Marvin Lewis is basically Brian Billick.  Can't control a bunch of thugs.  Rarely play to potential.  A guy who's much less than advertised.

Still, I gotta jump into the shit and root for them, too.  Sad, to have to hope we get into the playoffs by default, rather than taking care of business.

Cards?  Broncos?  Jets?  Jesus.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
padgfrombf

« Reply #17 on: Dec 19, 2007 at 11:56 »

...I doubt they'll show any heart though, but maybe they can pull out a win in a shootout?
Maybe.  Cleveland doesn't have much of a defense, either.  Let's hope for a nice sunny day with no wind.  Maybe that will bring out a few Bungle fans as well.
DoctorJohnnyFever
No longer a N00b!

« Reply #18 on: Dec 19, 2007 at 16:21 »

I believe the Steelers make the playoffs just so they beat Baltimore in week 17, as that would give them the tie breaker over the Titans.

Still, let's not worry about that and just win both of them so I can go to another game this year.

"The MGS board is regarded here as a board with adult rated content. There are virtually no rules. There are no words that are inappropriate and no subject that cannot be discussed. Should you feel the need to get crazy, do it there. You will be welcomed with open arms."

DoctorJohnnyFever
No longer a N00b!

« Reply #19 on: Dec 19, 2007 at 16:23 »

And I see that point was already made in the original post.

I'm an idiot.

"The MGS board is regarded here as a board with adult rated content. There are virtually no rules. There are no words that are inappropriate and no subject that cannot be discussed. Should you feel the need to get crazy, do it there. You will be welcomed with open arms."

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: