Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 24, 2014 at 02:07 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Parker out for season  (Read 1238 times)
Joetorious
Brownstains can suck my Member

« on: Dec 20, 2007 at 21:02 »

Then commentator (Deion?) asks if that means Fred Parker is going to the Pro Bowl.

Tell 'em...Large Marge sent ya! Bwhahahaha
SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Dec 20, 2007 at 21:22 »

The comment from Gumbel about "justice" was freakishly unempathetic.  

Maybe Taylor should have gone over Parker, but considering the situation, it was a poor choice of words

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
scacs

« Reply #2 on: Dec 20, 2007 at 22:00 »

dookie davenport is just not cutting it.  not this game, not any game.  good number 2,  but wow does he suck in short-distance situations

"nobody in football should be called a genius.  a genius is a guy like norman einstein."  -  joe theismann
DoctorJohnnyFever
No longer a N00b!

« Reply #3 on: Dec 20, 2007 at 22:17 »

Wouldn't have happened on grass.

"The MGS board is regarded here as a board with adult rated content. There are virtually no rules. There are no words that are inappropriate and no subject that cannot be discussed. Should you feel the need to get crazy, do it there. You will be welcomed with open arms."

Joetorious

« Reply #4 on: Dec 20, 2007 at 22:22 »

dookie davenport is just not cutting it.  not this game, not any game.  good number 2,  but wow does he suck in short-distance situations
Really? I haven't looked at the stats, but every time I saw him carry the ball it looked like he was rippin' about 5 ypc.  

Tell 'em...Large Marge sent ya! Bwhahahaha
Winters in Holland

« Reply #5 on: Dec 20, 2007 at 22:46 »

Actually, he's statistically the best rusher in the NFL on short yardage situations this year, so you are incorrect.

.WiH.

I don't care if Lovie Smith and Tony Dungy are black. Good for them. But that doesn't change the way I feel about them. The longer we keep looking at guys like Tony Dungy and Lovie Smith as "BLACK HEAD COACHES" as opposed to just "coaches" the longer race will continue to be a problem. --DoctorJohnnyFever
msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Dec 20, 2007 at 22:46 »

Maybe Taylor should have gone over Parker, but considering the situation, it was a poor choice of words

Yeah, that was classless.

Maybe Taylor should go, maybe not, but the fact of the matter is, when you're the leading rusher in the NFL after 14 games, you're going to the Pro Bowl.  Period.

And did anyone else catch that crack about Harrison?  Gumbel - with all due respect to Harrison, doesn't the Steelers' scheme allow that position to make plays?  Harrison, Porter, Chad Brown?  Deion had to smack him down with "yeah - but you still have to make plays."

Give me a fucking break.  Like the Ravoon's scheme doesn't allow RayRay to make plays.  Besides, it's not like they went into the season thinking we had to feature Harrison.  Fuck Gumbel.
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Dec 20, 2007 at 22:46 »

Season's over without FWP.

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
DoctorJohnnyFever
No longer a N00b!

« Reply #8 on: Dec 20, 2007 at 22:48 »

If the Steelers had to lose a starter on offense, Parker is the easiest guy to replace. Nothing personal, just the nature of the position. Plug in the next guy and let's go.

"The MGS board is regarded here as a board with adult rated content. There are virtually no rules. There are no words that are inappropriate and no subject that cannot be discussed. Should you feel the need to get crazy, do it there. You will be welcomed with open arms."

JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Dec 20, 2007 at 22:54 »

Im glad I didnt hear that comment, had I did...lets just say I dont think I could hate the man more than I already do.  but that might have put me over the edge.

what ticks me most about Gumball is his propensity to be controversial at every given opportunity.  such as his comment about the Smith hit to bruce close to the sideline.  the dude was clearly still in bounds and Smith cut his legs out for the tackle.  

eff that a-hole.

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: