Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 25, 2014 at 06:34 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ben  (Read 1887 times)
padgfrombf

Ben
« Reply #10 on: Dec 21, 2007 at 15:47 »

just imagine how good he could be if he had an offensive line.

and I know he wants to be the good team player but maybe this season he shouldn't pay to send the O-line to Hawaii.  give em some tough love Ben.
Everyone thinks that Ben is bringing the O-line for purposes of a vacation.  It's really a business expense.  He really wants them to watch the game and visually what BBR looks like behind a good unit.  See the block, be the block, as it were.
« Last Edit: Dec 21, 2007 at 15:48 by padgfrombf » Logged
vcuram
Brownstains can suck my Member

Ben
« Reply #11 on: Dec 22, 2007 at 10:24 »

Ben is hands down the MVP of this team this year.  Give him a pass-blocking offensive line, one more receiving threat, and a real third down/receiving back and he'd be unstoppable.

I've thrown a kettle over a pub before.  What the fuck have you ever done?
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

Ben
« Reply #12 on: Dec 22, 2007 at 10:45 »

Give him a pass-blocking offensive line, one more receiving threat, and a real third down/receiving back and he'd be unstoppable.
You might as well throw in the kitchen sink.

I actually think that getting Ben more "weapons"  is not a very high priority. Obviously OL is the top need, followed by DL and possibly safety.

Yeah, sure it would be nice to have 3 pro bowl receivers, but ask Indy about what that kind of offensive investment meant for their D. Ask the Pats about how they resign Moss and upgade their LB's and secondary.

Holmes is a star in the making and a certified "weapon". Hines Ward is a 1st down "weapon" , TD maker, and the best blocking "weapon" that plays WR. Heat is a monster in the middle and definately is a "weapon" in the RZ and pretty much everywhere else. FWP is a "weapon". Nate, in his second year of playing has 3 TD's in the last two games. Willie Reid is supposed to be a "weapon". I mean what else does he need as far as "weapons"? The guy has 32 TD's(passes) so far this year, and until recently had the league's leadng rusher in the backfield with him. The only "weapons" BR needs is a decent OL and an OC who doesn't underutilize the "weapons" he already has. Other than that, he already has a SB MVP receiver, a stud up and coming receiver, a stud RB, a stud TE, and good young talent in the pipeline( Nate, Reid, Russell).

The team needs to bolster the LOS units and worry less about getting more skill players, who can't do anything when Ben is on his back..
jclaywell18
Been pimpin, since been pimpin, since been pimpin
No longer a N00b!

Ben
« Reply #13 on: Dec 22, 2007 at 10:50 »

Give him a pass-blocking offensive line, one more receiving threat, and a real third down/receiving back and he'd be unstoppable.

I actually think that getting Ben more "weapons"  is not a very high priority. Obviously OL is the top need, followed by DL and possibly safety.

Yeah, sure it would be nice to have 3 pro bowl receivers, but ask Indy about what that kind of offensive investment meant for their D. Ask the Pats about how they resign Moss and upgade their LB's and secondary.

Holmes is a star in the making and a certified "weapon". Hines Ward is a 1st down "weapon" , TD maker, and the best blocking "weapon" that plays WR. Heat is a monster in the middle and definately is a "weapon" in the RZ and pretty much everywhere else. FWP is a "weapon". Nate, in his second year of playing has 3 TD's in the last two games. Willie Reid is supposed to be a "weapon". I mean what else does he need as far as "weapons"? The guy has 32 TD's(passes) so far this year, and until recently had the league's leadng rusher in the backfield with him. The only "weapons" BR needs is a decent OL and an OC who doesn't underutilize the "weapons" he already has. Other than that, he already has a SB MVP receiver, a stud up and coming receiver, a stud RB, a stud TE, and good young talent in the pipeline( Nate, Reid, Russell).

The team needs to bolster the LOS units and worry less about getting more skill players, who can't do anything when Ben is on his back..
Well, said. He has plenty of options he just needs more time in the pocket (better OL) and a better playcalling and we'll be unstoppable.  

I'm just gonna walk this off....

Gold jacket, green jacket..who gives a shit
Big Virgil
Old School Member

Ben
« Reply #14 on: Dec 22, 2007 at 13:34 »

Yeah, what he said.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

Ben
« Reply #15 on: Dec 22, 2007 at 19:55 »

just imagine how good he could be if he had an offensive line.

and I know he wants to be the good team player but maybe this season he shouldn't pay to send the O-line to Hawaii.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
143steelcity
N00b

Ben
« Reply #16 on: Dec 22, 2007 at 21:10 »

i agree..these last few games especially the OL has been nonexistant.  
Preacherman0
Old School Member

Ben
« Reply #17 on: Dec 23, 2007 at 01:27 »

The only "weapons" BR needs is a decent OL and an OC who doesn't underutilize the "weapons" he already has.

No doubt.  Keep the guy healthy, on his feet, and give him some time, and the sky is the limit.  Even with an above-average receiving corps.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
kluisi61
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Ben
« Reply #18 on: Dec 24, 2007 at 00:10 »

Great Post!

OK Chris. Now that we have practiced kissing and cuddling, we'll practice eating out...at a fancy restaurant.

- Lois Griffin

-----------------

Goal Line Blitz - Football player and team simulator...Very Fun.

Fallen Sword - MMORPG that is very fun. No ads and it's free.

dcity21

Ben
« Reply #19 on: Dec 25, 2007 at 21:53 »

+1

"i don't know Nutting about baseball.. but i know about Nutting over making some cash.." Ownership ROCKS!!!
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: