Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 25, 2014 at 14:59 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: O Line 2008  (Read 543 times)
The Emperor
Brownstains can suck my Member

« on: Dec 29, 2007 at 10:49 »

This is the way I see things unfolding.  Starks will get re-signed and I think Smith will be released.  Starks will be no worse than smith and will probably be an average LT.  Feneca is gone so Colon moves to left guard were I think he will play better than he has at RT.  I think we will darft a OT in the first round and a center in rnd two.  Both of these players will likeley start.  This would mean we will have two rookies on the line, but I just don't see how it could be worse than this year.  with the schedule we have next year we will be hard pressed to win 10 games, so why not get these guys some exerience playing against top level competition?  There is always a chance we sign someone , but i think we will only have 5-8 million to spend and I think this money might go towards a WR or DL.

Players I think we have a shot at in these rounds- round 1 Jeff Otah OT, Steve Justice round 2.  Otah should be able to handle RT and Justice moves right into C.

Life is to short to root for a losing team!
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Dec 29, 2007 at 12:48 »

Does Mahan stay? Or is he jack-of-all-trades backup next year?

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
The Emperor
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #2 on: Dec 29, 2007 at 13:00 »

Does Mahan stay? Or is he jack-of-all-trades backup next year?
He's the jack next year he is owed to much just to cut.

Life is to short to root for a losing team!
schnoah

« Reply #3 on: Dec 30, 2007 at 01:24 »

Michael Oher - OT - Ole Miss
Jeff Otah - OT - Pitt
Steve Justice - C - Wake Forest
Roy Schuening - OG - Oregon State Beaver (played RT but man, the kid played great the other day)
Tony Hills - OT - Texas... will fall pretty far all because of the knee injury
Ghosder Cherilius - OT - Boston College

These are the lineman that i wouldnt mind seeing us go after... i am curious however to what the Cap hit would be to cutting Marvel... he is a really great pass blocker when healthy... but that is where he has not been well lately... he has been hurt each of the past 2 years... and its not just little things...  

Here We Go Steelers!!!!  
PittsburghPA
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Dec 31, 2007 at 04:04 »

HOW TO IMPROVE THE OFFENSIVE LINE FOR 2008

1. Move Kendall Simmons to C. After his diabetes, he doesn't have to body of a G anymore. He played some C at Auburn, so the transition shouldn't be too foreign for him. Keep Darnell Stapleton as the backup C.

2. Draft Jeffrey Otah from Pitt to be the new RT. Sign a cheap free agent to be the backup RT.

3. Re-sign Max Starks and keep him at LT. Either sign a cheap free agent to be the backup LT, or use a "day two" draft pick on one. Cut Marvel Smith and Trai Essex.

4. Move Willie Colon to RG. He doesn't have the wingspan to be a T, but he has the right kind of attitude for an offensive lineman. Keep Chris Kemoeatu as the backup RG if a new LG is drafted on "day one," or draft a RG on "day two" if Kemoeatu is moved to LG.

5. Either move Chris Kemoeatu to LG, or draft a LG on "day one." Use Sean Mahan as the backup LG. Let Alan Faneca walk.

2008 OFFENSIVE LINE DEPTH CHART

LT - Max Starks, [FREE AGENT/DRAFT PICK]
LG - Chris Kemoeatu/[DRAFT PICK], Sean Mahan
C - Kendall Simmons, Darnell Stapleton
RG - Willie Colon, Chris Kemoeatu/[DRAFT PICK]
RT - [DRAFT PICK], [FREE AGENT]

Q: What's the difference between "hard" and "light"?
A: You can sleep with a light on.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: