Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 21, 2014 at 22:27 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I'd Say the Titans' Win Helps Us...  (Read 547 times)
Winters in Holland
Brownstains can suck my Member

« on: Dec 30, 2007 at 22:59 »

After seeing the Titans beat the Colts, I'd say I'm a lot happier having them matched up against SD in next week's Wild Card round than Cleveland.

I think the Titans have a better chance at pulling the upset on the road than the Browns would, and if they are able to do so, we'd dodge the Patriots' bullet in the 2nd round, IF we're lucky enough to take down Jacksonville on Saturday.

Tennessee, not Pittsburgh, would be the lower of the 2 Wild Card winners, making the divisional round look like:

Tennessee vs. New England
Pittsburgh vs. Indianapolis

Granted, it's all moot if we play as piss-poorly against Jacksonville as we played today...but it's still fun to think about.

.WiH.

I don't care if Lovie Smith and Tony Dungy are black. Good for them. But that doesn't change the way I feel about them. The longer we keep looking at guys like Tony Dungy and Lovie Smith as "BLACK HEAD COACHES" as opposed to just "coaches" the longer race will continue to be a problem. --DoctorJohnnyFever
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Dec 31, 2007 at 00:00 »

i think either team between Ten or Clev, have an equally decent chance of an upset of SD.  Ten has a good defense but an average Offense...especially with Vince Young throwing the rock.  Cleveland has the shitty D, but a potent offense, that could more than hold its own against SD.

it would be nice if we take of our business with Jax and Ten pulls the upset over SD...but after today's defensive performance by the steelers kind of makes it a pipe dream.

who knows...hopefully they come out firing Saturday and kick the jags right in the plums from the getgo.

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
padgfrombf

« Reply #2 on: Dec 31, 2007 at 08:58 »

Well, it's the old saw that you can only play the team that they put in front of you.  That said, I hope the PS weren't playing at maximum effort yesterday, or Jax is going to run for 200 yards on them.

BTW, hope for a nice day at Heinz next Saturday.  The Jags' D-side weakness is in their secondary, and if it's really wet or windy, it will take out the Steelers main matchup advantages.  As much as one hates to say it, the PS have become a finesse team in many respects and no longer really suited for bad weather.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: