Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Jul 24, 2014 at 03:41 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 ... 4 [All]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fuck the Jags  (Read 2004 times)
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« on: Dec 31, 2007 at 09:51 »

Those bitch asses ain't beating the Steelers twice in one season.  Blitz the fucking fuck outta them.  Blitz 'em on run downs.  Blitz 'em on passing downs.  Blitz those bitches each and every down.  Put Garrard in the dirt.  Cripple Fred and that other two-last-name-having bitch.  

I want this game.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Dec 31, 2007 at 10:06 »

Problem is, we had most of our D starters in versus the Ravens... Musa fuckign Smith?  Cory fucking Whoeverthefuck?  What the motherfuck, is all I want to fucking axe you.  

If we can't stop Fragile Freddie and The Lil Midget Who Could, we lose this game, plain and motherfucking simple.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Dec 31, 2007 at 10:22 »

If we can't stop Fragile Freddie and The Lil Midget Who Could, we lose this game, plain and motherfucking simple.

Then we'll have to go 80s Chargers on their ass when we do have the ball.

Gots to get another crack at the Pats. That team is due for a game of countless bad bounces.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #3 on: Dec 31, 2007 at 10:32 »

Gots to get another crack at the Pats. That team is due for a game of countless bad bounces.
Word.

And axe me no mutherfuck questions and I'll hammer you no mutherfuck lies.

Blitz blitz blitz.  Garrard ain't as good as the playoffs thinks he is.

I predict the playoffs will either suck or rule.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Dec 31, 2007 at 10:38 »

I predict the playoffs will either suck or rule.
I'll opt for a slightly above outright suckage to slightly below outright ruling kind of playoffs, but then again, I'm not exactly the Wesley Mallard of prognostication that aj is.

Winters in Holland
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #5 on: Dec 31, 2007 at 10:41 »

Try as I might, I just can't get pumped about a Steelers team whose biggest win was over Cleveland when the Browns missed a last-second field goal.

Cleveland.

To make any type of run in the playoffs, the Steelers need to play smashmouth football from the start, and that's only happened in about 2-3 games this year.  Out of 16.

In all of the other ones, the team looked as disinterested.....sor ry- Mike Tomlin calls it "professional"- as I've ever seen a Steelers team.

I agree with the "suck or rule" theory.  I think the Steelers either go one-and-done, and it won't even be close, or they make a run at least to the AFC Championship.

I'm leaning towards the former, of course.

.WiH.

I don't care if Lovie Smith and Tony Dungy are black. Good for them. But that doesn't change the way I feel about them. The longer we keep looking at guys like Tony Dungy and Lovie Smith as "BLACK HEAD COACHES" as opposed to just "coaches" the longer race will continue to be a problem. --DoctorJohnnyFever
DoctorJohnnyFever
No longer a N00b!

« Reply #6 on: Dec 31, 2007 at 10:46 »

Jack Del Rio once put a tree stump with an ax in his locker room, and his punter chopped a part of his foot off.

We can't lose a playoff game to these guys.

We can't.

So, yes, yes, I agree...fuck the Jags.

"The MGS board is regarded here as a board with adult rated content. There are virtually no rules. There are no words that are inappropriate and no subject that cannot be discussed. Should you feel the need to get crazy, do it there. You will be welcomed with open arms."

DoctorJohnnyFever
No longer a N00b!

« Reply #7 on: Dec 31, 2007 at 10:48 »

Keep Chopping Wood!

During his first season with the Jaguars, after the team started 0-3, Del Rio had a massive tree stump and axe placed in the team locker room. He also placed a sign that had his new team mantra, "Keep Chopping Wood". It was intended to indicate how they were to slowly whittle away the huge obstacle in the way of improving the team. While most of the team was out for practice, punter Chris Hanson took a swing, missed the stump and seriously injured his non kicking foot. Hanson missed the remainder of the 2003 season, being replaced by Mark Royals.

"The MGS board is regarded here as a board with adult rated content. There are virtually no rules. There are no words that are inappropriate and no subject that cannot be discussed. Should you feel the need to get crazy, do it there. You will be welcomed with open arms."

jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #8 on: Dec 31, 2007 at 10:51 »

And if I recall correctly, was that not the same fellow who injured himself with hot oil at a fondue party?  

Talk about double gay.

Sorry penso, I know how you love your fondue dishes.

« Last Edit: Dec 31, 2007 at 10:52 by jonzr » Logged

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
jburghfan

« Reply #9 on: Dec 31, 2007 at 10:51 »

Step right up folks.....There's a few more empty seat on the Bandwagon.....
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #10 on: Dec 31, 2007 at 10:54 »

Said it before, so pardon the repetition.  This team has no consistency.  Come out and beat the crap out of a team, then sleepwalk.  Week to week, and even half to half.  We look dead for three quarters (Cleveland, Jax, Balty, etc.), then make the stirring comeback.  There's certainly no sense of domination, and no sense of the season building towards something.  In 2005, we started strong, faced a mid-season crisis of injuries and losses, then clearly built up steam heading to the postseason.  

It calls to mind the Football Outsiders' variance stat, which I've cited before.  Shows how up and down a team is.  We've been close to the top of the most variable teams, and only Denver finished worse.  Of the playoff teams, here are the variances:

NFC:
1. Dallas - 11th (17.2%)
2. Green Bay - 5th (22.5%)
3. Seattle - 27th (10.5%)
4. Tampa Bay - 6th (21.2%)
5. NY Giants - 31st (7.4%)
6. Washington - 30th (8.6%)

You can argue that NYG and Wash were very consistent, but never consistently great.  Same with Seattle.  Of the other three, TB had some personnel shakeups.  I was a little surprised at GB's variance, but they did have some real oddball games.

AFC
1. New England - 16th (14.6%)
2. Indianapolis - 14th (15.6%)
3. San Diego - 3rd (23.2%)
4. Pittsburgh - 2nd (24.1%)
5. Jax - 25th (11.6%)
6. Tenn - 13th (16.4%)

I think this says that SD and Pitt are clearly limited going up against more consistent teams in the AFC.

jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #11 on: Dec 31, 2007 at 11:04 »

I wonder how many of the most consistent teams have great OLs?  Hmmm.

While watching the Patsies/Gints game I was bitching and bitching.  The wife asked, why is NE so good?  All I could say at the time was Beardy.  But really, they have a collection of players who sacrifice for the greater consistency.  It really is that simple.  Good point, finny.

This reminds me of a rant I had on the "other" board years ago.  I wanted a team of guys who want to win above all other things.  Take the salary cap and divide by the number of players.  The man standing next to you makes the same dough.  Now go kick ass.  Sadly, the Pastriots are closer to that than any team in the NFL.  The Steelers may aspire to that, but they ain't there yet.

- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Dec 31, 2007 at 11:43 »

Try as I might, I just can't get pumped about a Steelers team whose biggest win was over Cleveland when the Browns missed a last-second field goal.

Well, that's the stripper that's workin' this party. Enjoy or go home.

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Dec 31, 2007 at 11:55 »

It's all a matter of perspective.  

Even a midget hooker looks 6 feet tall when you're lying on the ground drunk on whiskey.

Winters in Holland

« Reply #14 on: Dec 31, 2007 at 11:57 »

Kiss my ass, funboy.

It's possible to still be pumped for a game and supportive of a team while keeping a realistic look at their overall accomplishments this year.

The Steelers homerism that pervades this board pops up at the strangest times sometimes...

.WiH.

I don't care if Lovie Smith and Tony Dungy are black. Good for them. But that doesn't change the way I feel about them. The longer we keep looking at guys like Tony Dungy and Lovie Smith as "BLACK HEAD COACHES" as opposed to just "coaches" the longer race will continue to be a problem. --DoctorJohnnyFever
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Dec 31, 2007 at 11:58 »

Even a midget hooker looks 6 feet tall when you're lying on the ground drunk on whiskey.

Penso told me it was a gang of midget hookers.

And they sucker punched him.

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Dec 31, 2007 at 12:00 »

Kiss my ass, funboy.

It's possible to still be pumped for a game and supportive of a team while keeping a realistic look at their overall accomplishments this year.

The Steelers homerism that pervades this board pops up at the strangest times sometimes...

.WiH.
I think my midget hooker analogy said that better, but if you wanna meet otis at the Orange Julius, I hear he's a master of the numb chucks.

Winters in Holland

« Reply #17 on: Dec 31, 2007 at 12:00 »

I'm really good at pinching and Indian burns.

.WiH.

otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #18 on: Dec 31, 2007 at 12:04 »

Kiss my ass, funboy.

Clean my hoop you Pirate board bitch.

pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #19 on: Dec 31, 2007 at 12:04 »

Penso told me it was a gang of midget hookers.

And they sucker punched him.
They were comig from everywhere, man.  I couldn't get them off!

As for us in the playoffs, well, we know we're a limited ball club and we will progress as long ast Ben can post 100+ passer ratings.  Even then there's no guarantee with our suddenly porous run D.

As for Tomlin's supposed disinterest-- a ludicrous notion to say the least-- anyone else catch him screaming "Bullshit!" at the refs last night?  I forget what call it was.

His challenge on the kickoff I thought was misplaced, but I guess it was a risk/reward scenario.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #20 on: Dec 31, 2007 at 12:22 »

staring pesno as guviller
wash out here come the lily putins

steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #21 on: Dec 31, 2007 at 12:36 »

As for Tomlin's supposed disinterest-- a ludicrous notion to say the least-- anyone else catch him screaming "Bullshit!" at the refs last night?  I forget what call it was.

His challenge on the kickoff I thought was misplaced, but I guess it was a risk/reward scenario.
Yeah, that was on that intentional grounding call. Which was total bullshit. There was a receiver there and Batch's arm was hit as he was throwing.

I just don't know about this team. Such inconsistentcy on both sides of the ball. Mainly due to poor LOS play. Charlie appeared to have a bunch of time when the backup OL was in, but is that really an indication of what the backups can do? I like the idea of Kemo playing FB in goal line situations.

This team will go as far as BR's arm will take them. And that in turn will come down to how well the OL pass protects. It was a close game before and will probably be close again, but after watching the Steeler run D yesterday, I am more than a little concerned.

But as Simms said yesterday, if the Steelers don't come out angry, then its not meant to be. JAX outSteelered the Steelers the last go around and hopefully the Steeler team that comes out on Saturday nite remembers that and gets pissed..........oh , and FUCK THE JAGOFFS!!
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #22 on: Dec 31, 2007 at 12:54 »

I actually disagree.

I think that Ben will be solid, and the actual wild card is which Steelers D shows up.

Whether we are one-and-done or advance a few rounds seems to me to be up to the defense's ability to play tough against the run, and get off the field on 3rd and long.

The last half of this season, it's seemed the D has been way too soft in the first half of games.

Used to be, teams didn't do SQUAT against us in the first half.  

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
Winters in Holland

« Reply #23 on: Dec 31, 2007 at 13:40 »

Kiss my ass, funboy.

Clean my hoop you Pirate board bitch.
You're just mad because I wouldn't bid on the broken wheelchair you're currently trying to pawn on eBay.

.WiH.

steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #24 on: Dec 31, 2007 at 13:47 »

I actually disagree.

I think that Ben will be solid, and the actual wild card is which Steelers D shows up.

Whether we are one-and-done or advance a few rounds seems to me to be up to the defense's ability to play tough against the run, and get off the field on 3rd and long.

The last half of this season, it's seemed the D has been way too soft in the first half of games.

Used to be, teams didn't do SQUAT against us in the first half.
Ya, the D isn't inspiring confidence right now, and I was kinda thinking that about BR's arm. The Steelers might have to win some "shootouts" if the D doesn't show up. But your right as well, the efense simply has to play better for the Steelers to play more than 1 playoff game. Its shocking the running room out there the last couple of weeks. It can't be all because of the Aaron SMith injury, can it?

Its definately time for the D to step it up and start winning some of these battles again. Taylor has been a Steeler Killer for quite some time now, and it appears Jones-Drew is as well. With Troy out there, hopefully their won't be any over the top plays a la last JAX game, and maybe he can help stuff their run game as well. Its time for #43 to step up and be the game changer we all know he can be.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #25 on: Dec 31, 2007 at 13:55 »

You're just mad because I wouldn't bid on the broken wheelchair you're currently trying to pawn on eBay.

Too bad your pops didn't spend some winters in Finland.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #26 on: Dec 31, 2007 at 13:57 »

Well, Aaron Smith is a big part of it.  Our DE depth is godawful.  

But IMO LeBeau's been doing something weird with the run D, having the ILBs immediately flow to the LOS instead of letting the DL sort the trash and then flow to the ballcarier.  Too often we're stacking 5, 6 guys at the line, the RB busts through (you only need to win one matchup to do that), and it's off to the races, and hope that Anthony Smith can wrap up.

Don't see why the SS or ILBs need to go full throttle at the snap.  If they'd time it better, they could shoot gaps on passing downs instead of getting picked up immediately, and do a better job on run D.

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #27 on: Jan 02, 2008 at 15:38 »

Interesting.

I actually think that Pittsburgh should blitz less in this game.  I'm thinkin' put 8 in the box; let the playmakers react and flow to the ball; and most importantly, hit and wrap.

Force Garrard to beat you with his arm.  Make him throw it 25-30+ times.

I'm probably oversimplifying things, but defensively, Pittsburgh needs to do to Jacksonville what every team out there used to try to do to Pittsburgh.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #28 on: Jan 02, 2008 at 16:09 »

I agree with that, aj.  I'd just throw in a corner blitz every once in a while to get Garrard dizzy.

LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #29 on: Jan 02, 2008 at 17:51 »

I don't think there is any gameplan -- short of putting out a defense that starts 8 defensive linemen -- that will see Jax abandon the run and have Garrard throw that many times.

Unless we are up 45 -7 in the first half.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
padgfrombf

« Reply #30 on: Jan 02, 2008 at 22:43 »

I agree with that, aj.  I'd just throw in a corner blitz every once in a while to get Garrard dizzy.
Well, Tomlin did say he wanted to be a little more vanilla this week.  Don't know what that means, but I'm sure that rushing 8 to the line is more like strawberry ice cream.

Just read the preview on Sportsline.  Surprisingly, the current line is only -2 for the Jags, even with all the PS injuries.  I know betting lines aren't perfect, but I really expected a healthy Jax team to be favored by 5 to 7.  Wonder if the betting pros think that Del Rio is going to do something stupid to keep it close.
« Last Edit: Jan 02, 2008 at 23:18 by padgfrombf » Logged
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #31 on: Jan 03, 2008 at 12:11 »

I don't think there is any gameplan -- short of putting out a defense that starts 8 defensive linemen -- that will see Jax abandon the run and have Garrard throw that many times.

You'd be very surprised (as was I) how many times Garrard has thrown 25+ this year.

Honestly, I thought that he probably hit that number for maybe half his games (12).  He actually went over it 8 times and in one other game, he threw it 24 times.

Regardless, I force him to make a play.  How many big playoff games has he played in where he was forced to carry the offensive load?  Exactly.  This ain't the Texans or the Titans in some midseason matchup.  It's the Pittsburgh Motherfucking Steelers...in Pittsburgh...in January.  And, it also happens to be a team that your squad "out Steelered" a few weeks ago.  We'll see if they can make lightning strike twice.  If they can, much respek and they'll be the team I pull for for the remainder.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: 1 2 ... 4 [All]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: