Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 21, 2014 at 13:38 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fuck the Jags  (Read 2329 times)
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #20 on: Dec 31, 2007 at 12:22 »

staring pesno as guviller
wash out here come the lily putins

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #21 on: Dec 31, 2007 at 12:36 »

As for Tomlin's supposed disinterest-- a ludicrous notion to say the least-- anyone else catch him screaming "Bullshit!" at the refs last night?  I forget what call it was.

His challenge on the kickoff I thought was misplaced, but I guess it was a risk/reward scenario.
Yeah, that was on that intentional grounding call. Which was total bullshit. There was a receiver there and Batch's arm was hit as he was throwing.

I just don't know about this team. Such inconsistentcy on both sides of the ball. Mainly due to poor LOS play. Charlie appeared to have a bunch of time when the backup OL was in, but is that really an indication of what the backups can do? I like the idea of Kemo playing FB in goal line situations.

This team will go as far as BR's arm will take them. And that in turn will come down to how well the OL pass protects. It was a close game before and will probably be close again, but after watching the Steeler run D yesterday, I am more than a little concerned.

But as Simms said yesterday, if the Steelers don't come out angry, then its not meant to be. JAX outSteelered the Steelers the last go around and hopefully the Steeler team that comes out on Saturday nite remembers that and gets pissed..........oh , and FUCK THE JAGOFFS!!
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #22 on: Dec 31, 2007 at 12:54 »

I actually disagree.

I think that Ben will be solid, and the actual wild card is which Steelers D shows up.

Whether we are one-and-done or advance a few rounds seems to me to be up to the defense's ability to play tough against the run, and get off the field on 3rd and long.

The last half of this season, it's seemed the D has been way too soft in the first half of games.

Used to be, teams didn't do SQUAT against us in the first half.  

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
Winters in Holland
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #23 on: Dec 31, 2007 at 13:40 »

Kiss my ass, funboy.

Clean my hoop you Pirate board bitch.
You're just mad because I wouldn't bid on the broken wheelchair you're currently trying to pawn on eBay.

.WiH.

I don't care if Lovie Smith and Tony Dungy are black. Good for them. But that doesn't change the way I feel about them. The longer we keep looking at guys like Tony Dungy and Lovie Smith as "BLACK HEAD COACHES" as opposed to just "coaches" the longer race will continue to be a problem. --DoctorJohnnyFever
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #24 on: Dec 31, 2007 at 13:47 »

I actually disagree.

I think that Ben will be solid, and the actual wild card is which Steelers D shows up.

Whether we are one-and-done or advance a few rounds seems to me to be up to the defense's ability to play tough against the run, and get off the field on 3rd and long.

The last half of this season, it's seemed the D has been way too soft in the first half of games.

Used to be, teams didn't do SQUAT against us in the first half.
Ya, the D isn't inspiring confidence right now, and I was kinda thinking that about BR's arm. The Steelers might have to win some "shootouts" if the D doesn't show up. But your right as well, the efense simply has to play better for the Steelers to play more than 1 playoff game. Its shocking the running room out there the last couple of weeks. It can't be all because of the Aaron SMith injury, can it?

Its definately time for the D to step it up and start winning some of these battles again. Taylor has been a Steeler Killer for quite some time now, and it appears Jones-Drew is as well. With Troy out there, hopefully their won't be any over the top plays a la last JAX game, and maybe he can help stuff their run game as well. Its time for #43 to step up and be the game changer we all know he can be.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #25 on: Dec 31, 2007 at 13:55 »

You're just mad because I wouldn't bid on the broken wheelchair you're currently trying to pawn on eBay.

Too bad your pops didn't spend some winters in Finland.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #26 on: Dec 31, 2007 at 13:57 »

Well, Aaron Smith is a big part of it.  Our DE depth is godawful.  

But IMO LeBeau's been doing something weird with the run D, having the ILBs immediately flow to the LOS instead of letting the DL sort the trash and then flow to the ballcarier.  Too often we're stacking 5, 6 guys at the line, the RB busts through (you only need to win one matchup to do that), and it's off to the races, and hope that Anthony Smith can wrap up.

Don't see why the SS or ILBs need to go full throttle at the snap.  If they'd time it better, they could shoot gaps on passing downs instead of getting picked up immediately, and do a better job on run D.

aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #27 on: Jan 02, 2008 at 15:38 »

Interesting.

I actually think that Pittsburgh should blitz less in this game.  I'm thinkin' put 8 in the box; let the playmakers react and flow to the ball; and most importantly, hit and wrap.

Force Garrard to beat you with his arm.  Make him throw it 25-30+ times.

I'm probably oversimplifying things, but defensively, Pittsburgh needs to do to Jacksonville what every team out there used to try to do to Pittsburgh.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #28 on: Jan 02, 2008 at 16:09 »

I agree with that, aj.  I'd just throw in a corner blitz every once in a while to get Garrard dizzy.

LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #29 on: Jan 02, 2008 at 17:51 »

I don't think there is any gameplan -- short of putting out a defense that starts 8 defensive linemen -- that will see Jax abandon the run and have Garrard throw that many times.

Unless we are up 45 -7 in the first half.

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: