Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 25, 2014 at 04:58 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fuck the Jags  (Read 2251 times)
padgfrombf

« Reply #30 on: Jan 02, 2008 at 22:43 »

I agree with that, aj.  I'd just throw in a corner blitz every once in a while to get Garrard dizzy.
Well, Tomlin did say he wanted to be a little more vanilla this week.  Don't know what that means, but I'm sure that rushing 8 to the line is more like strawberry ice cream.

Just read the preview on Sportsline.  Surprisingly, the current line is only -2 for the Jags, even with all the PS injuries.  I know betting lines aren't perfect, but I really expected a healthy Jax team to be favored by 5 to 7.  Wonder if the betting pros think that Del Rio is going to do something stupid to keep it close.
« Last Edit: Jan 02, 2008 at 23:18 by padgfrombf » Logged
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #31 on: Jan 03, 2008 at 12:11 »

I don't think there is any gameplan -- short of putting out a defense that starts 8 defensive linemen -- that will see Jax abandon the run and have Garrard throw that many times.

You'd be very surprised (as was I) how many times Garrard has thrown 25+ this year.

Honestly, I thought that he probably hit that number for maybe half his games (12).  He actually went over it 8 times and in one other game, he threw it 24 times.

Regardless, I force him to make a play.  How many big playoff games has he played in where he was forced to carry the offensive load?  Exactly.  This ain't the Texans or the Titans in some midseason matchup.  It's the Pittsburgh Motherfucking Steelers...in Pittsburgh...in January.  And, it also happens to be a team that your squad "out Steelered" a few weeks ago.  We'll see if they can make lightning strike twice.  If they can, much respek and they'll be the team I pull for for the remainder.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Pages: 1 ... 3 [4]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: