Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 21, 2014 at 11:09 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brady Quinn  (Read 3487 times)
Winters in Holland
Brownstains can suck my Member

« on: Jan 01, 2008 at 18:35 »

After being forced to sit through that little cocksucker's EAS protein shake commercial about 7 times during the Penguins/Sabres game today, I can officially say that as of January 1, 2008, I fucking hate Brady Quinn.

This ass assassin hasn't even started a single game in the NFL, and he's already pimping himself out in commercials, trying to look as badass as possible.  At the end of the ad, he chugs this overpriced chocolate shake, looks into the camera, and in his most badass voice says,

"Now my workout's done."

Oh is it, you little fucker?  Well, I suggest you quit jacking off to your own reflection in the mirror and go hit the weights again, or the Steelers' defense is going to skullfuck your brains out when Derek Anderson is prematurely jettisoned so that your reign of faggery can begin.

You fucking asshole.  You are going to get bent over and gangbanged by the black-and-gold, and there won't be anyone more deserving.

.WiH.

I don't care if Lovie Smith and Tony Dungy are black. Good for them. But that doesn't change the way I feel about them. The longer we keep looking at guys like Tony Dungy and Lovie Smith as "BLACK HEAD COACHES" as opposed to just "coaches" the longer race will continue to be a problem. --DoctorJohnnyFever
DoctorJohnnyFever
No longer a N00b!

« Reply #1 on: Jan 01, 2008 at 18:41 »

"The MGS board is regarded here as a board with adult rated content. There are virtually no rules. There are no words that are inappropriate and no subject that cannot be discussed. Should you feel the need to get crazy, do it there. You will be welcomed with open arms."

SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Jan 01, 2008 at 18:47 »

I've read rumors that the Browns will let Anderson walk via FA (the rumor I've seen has Miami signing him and the Browns receiving their 1st round pick).

Is this the best move for a team on the cusp making the playoffs?

Quinn may have had a year to soak up the playbook, but I believe letting Anderson walk does a few things:

1)  The Browns return to mediocrity

2)  If Quinn actually becomes a decent NFL QB, it takes at least two years

3)  Assuming Quinn is playing well in two years, are Braylon Edwards and KWII still with the team?

4)  The rumors have the Browns taking McFadden from Ark. with the Miami first rounder.  The Browns defense will still be awful.  

Shipping Anderson out of town and relying on Quinn will not make the Browns a better team in '08.  Win while you can.

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
Winters in Holland
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #3 on: Jan 01, 2008 at 19:00 »

I agree.  Getting rid of Anderson is about the stupidest thing the Browns could do at this point.

He is a good QB, that led one of the worst franchises in the NFL to their best season ever.

But because he doesn't have the "pedigree" that Quinn does, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest for the Browns to let him walk and hand the reigns to Quinn, who may not have even taken an NFL snap thus far.

(Plus, I was never very impessed with him at Notre Dame.  I just wasn't.)

They need to resign Anderson to at least a 2-year deal, giving Quinn another season to study and learn the system, gradually working him in at the ends of games that aren't close.  Then, in 2009, have them both duke it out for the starting job.

.WiH.

I don't care if Lovie Smith and Tony Dungy are black. Good for them. But that doesn't change the way I feel about them. The longer we keep looking at guys like Tony Dungy and Lovie Smith as "BLACK HEAD COACHES" as opposed to just "coaches" the longer race will continue to be a problem. --DoctorJohnnyFever
DoctorJohnnyFever
No longer a N00b!

« Reply #4 on: Jan 01, 2008 at 19:08 »

I gotta tell you guys, I wasn't impressed with Derek Anderson and if I could get the number one pick in the draft (which opens up all kinds of doors) i'd be all over that.

"The MGS board is regarded here as a board with adult rated content. There are virtually no rules. There are no words that are inappropriate and no subject that cannot be discussed. Should you feel the need to get crazy, do it there. You will be welcomed with open arms."

otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Jan 01, 2008 at 19:11 »

Well, I suggest you quit jacking off to your own reflection in the mirror

Maybe you could lend him your Bloom poster.

DoctorJohnnyFever
No longer a N00b!

« Reply #6 on: Jan 01, 2008 at 19:13 »

In fact, i'd say giving up the number one pick in the draft for Derek Anderson would cement another embarrassing season for the Dolphins. He won't be throwing to Winslow and Edwards behind Thomas and Steinbach.

SCacalaki
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Jan 01, 2008 at 19:38 »

I don't think Anderson is a great QB.  IIRC, his completion % is pretty average.

But I think, without a question, swapping Anderson for Quinn sets the Browns back a few years.  And that's assuming the best for Quinn.  

The #1 overall pick is very desireable.  Though, it's best value IMO is what a team can get in return for trading down.  

Save the occassional LT or OU Adrian Peterson, RBs are a dime a dozen.  The quality of the OL holds more sway on the success of a team's running game than the RB...more times than not.  So while McFadden may be good, does the addition/subtraction at the QB position set the Browns ahead?

I'm also one who believes you win now, while you're able.  I've watched the Bengals tinker with this or that in recent years.  Despite all of their hype, I believe they've only had one year over .500 since Carson came to town.  To me, it looks like they're headed down.  They had their window and blew it, both on the field and off.  Changing up a good thing for a possible better thing is risky at best and foolhardy at worst.  But then again, I don't have the gambler's mentality.

To me, Quinn is the Reggie Bush of QBs....plenty of commercials and one or two highlight reel plays that are played over and over and over and over again, but nothing of substance.  

The Browns have gone through quite a few QBs in recent years, trying to find the right fit.  Kelly Holcomb, Tim Couch, Jeff Garcia, Charlie Frye, Trent Dilfer....to name the one's I remember.  

I can't imagine not having Ben here, though I know it wasn't too long ago that Tommy Maddox, Kent Graham and Mike Tomczak were running the show.  Maybe I think too highly of Anderson but I think the Browns are headed in a better direction with him than without; in the short term for sure, and likely in the long term if Quinn is the alternative.

Edit:  Anderson is no Brady or Peyton or Ben Roethlisberger; few are.  But he's far better than the Dilfer's and Garcia's of the league.  And it's those types the Browns have relied upon in recent years to make the team better, despite evidence present to the contrary.
« Last Edit: Jan 01, 2008 at 19:44 by SCacalaki » Logged

Words to live by:  "Dick LeBeau is Dick LeBeau," Tomlin said. "Everybody knows Dick."
DoctorJohnnyFever
No longer a N00b!

« Reply #8 on: Jan 01, 2008 at 19:48 »

Anderson finished as the 17th rated passer in the NFL; 26th in completion percentage. He also threw the second most picks in the league. The Browns have - almost overnight it seems - put some excellent talent together on the offensive side of the ball, especially on the line, I honestly don't think they'd miss much if they put Quinn in for Anderson (that says more of my opinion on Anderson than Quinn).

The number one pick in the draft gives them several options: Trade down and take full advantage of the picks value. Or pick Glenn Dorsey if they were serious about upgrading one of the leagues worst defenses.

As a Steelers fan, I hope the Browns keep Anderson.
« Last Edit: Jan 01, 2008 at 19:49 by DoctorJohnnyFever » Logged

JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Jan 01, 2008 at 22:45 »

But because he doesn't have the "pedigree" that Quinn does, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest for the Browns to let him walk and hand the reigns to Quinn, who may not have even taken an NFL snap thus far.

(Plus, I was never very impessed with him at Notre Dame. I just wasn't.)

what fucking pedigree does Quinn actually have?  playing for the golden Homos?  throwing jump balls to SMarjaplaybaseballins tead?  Quinn is a poor man's Eli Manning nothing more.

I hated Quinn even before he was born.  that cockgrabber will be exactly like Rick Mirer and bounce from team to team and eventually fade into oblivian.

I've read rumors that the Browns will let Anderson walk via FA (the rumor I've seen has Miami signing him and the Browns receiving their 1st round pick).

there is NO way in hell the big tunamanteets EVER makes a move like that.  

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: