Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 20, 2014 at 09:14 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Brady Quinn  (Read 3912 times)
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #10 on: Jan 02, 2008 at 08:18 »

I have to say, and I do not think Beardy Quinn is all that, if I have the opportunity to trade Derek Anderson for Darren McFadden, I do it yesterday.
« Last Edit: Jan 02, 2008 at 08:18 by vinman3 » Logged

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #11 on: Jan 02, 2008 at 08:38 »

No one in their right mind should give up a top 10 pick for Derek Anderson...that being said, if the Browns trade him for anything less, and hand the reins over to Brady Queer without a viable backup plan, then they're morons.

I don't think DA is a Pro-Bowler, but he was effective.  The talent is SO thin at the QB position, if you have a merely compentent starter, you need to think twice about "improving" by going to an unproven draft pick.  And, as for the completion percentage/INT's...well..with the exception of his Cinci meltdown (which was a complete disgrace of a loss you can hang solely on him), most of the times he had to throw the ball a billion times a game just to keep scoring, since his defense sucks. Can't exactly just try to run out the clock and protect a lead when your defense is like wet tissue paper.  

I think you have to give DA another year, at which point he either stays and they trade Queer, or, if he falters, switch to BQ at midseason.  Moving either QB at this point is probably a mistake.  

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Jan 02, 2008 at 08:43 »

So we're agreed?  We're giving up our first rounder for Derek Anderson?

SINGE DIRK ASSERTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Winters in Holland
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #13 on: Jan 02, 2008 at 10:01 »

But because he doesn't have the "pedigree" that Quinn does, it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest for the Browns to let him walk and hand the reigns to Quinn, who may not have even taken an NFL snap thus far.

(Plus, I was never very impessed with him at Notre Dame. I just wasn't.)

what fucking pedigree does Quinn actually have?  playing for the golden Homos?  throwing jump balls to SMarjaplaybaseballins tead?  Quinn is a poor man's Eli Manning nothing more.

I hated Quinn even before he was born.  that cockgrabber will be exactly like Rick Mirer and bounce from team to team and eventually fade into oblivian.

I've read rumors that the Browns will let Anderson walk via FA (the rumor I've seen has Miami signing him and the Browns receiving their 1st round pick).

there is NO way in hell the big tunamanteets EVER makes a move like that.
Preaching to the choir man.  I totally agree.

But something tells me that the Cleveland front office doesn't...

.WiH.

I don't care if Lovie Smith and Tony Dungy are black. Good for them. But that doesn't change the way I feel about them. The longer we keep looking at guys like Tony Dungy and Lovie Smith as "BLACK HEAD COACHES" as opposed to just "coaches" the longer race will continue to be a problem. --DoctorJohnnyFever
pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Jan 02, 2008 at 11:13 »

Derek Anderson=greatest fantasy league free agent EVER

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #15 on: Jan 02, 2008 at 11:40 »

I hated Quinn even before he was born.  that cockgrabber will be exactly like Rick Mirer and bounce from team to team and eventually fade into oblivian.

The Splatter adds a certain but intangible quality to most posts.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
LambertsFrontTeeth
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Jan 02, 2008 at 17:54 »

...if only he woulda ended with "fade into Bolivian."  

"Dreith said I hit Sipe too hard. I hit him as hard as I could. Brian has a chance to go out of bounds and he decides not to. He knows I'm going to hit him. And I do. History."
- - - Jack Lambert, after referee Ben Dreith ejected him from a game for knocking out Browns QB Brian Sipe.
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #17 on: Jan 03, 2008 at 01:28 »

The Splatter adds a certain but intangible quality to most posts.
my eloquent words stem from my cynical, yet flowery persona.  i dont recommend going through life as  cynical bastard such as myself though...it brings nothing but heartburn and gray hair.

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #18 on: Jan 03, 2008 at 12:25 »

I don't think that Brady Quinn is going to be that bad.  You're never going to be able to keep both of them.  Why not let Anderson go now while you can still get compensation?  You gotta strike while the iron is hot.

The Browns Oline is good, they have good receivers, and they can get extra picks by letting Anderson go.  I don't know that he will be a hotter commodity than he is right now, and I don't know that they will have better circumstances to help Quinn succeed.  Make the move and build for what may be a very bright future, if Quinn pans out.

As much as I hate them, it's a better world when the Browns and Steelers are competitive.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #19 on: Jan 03, 2008 at 12:37 »

I agree that the Browns are on the upswing with improved OL play, and they would get ultimate value for DA now (I'd pull the trigger if I could get a R1 or a R2 plus another pick, if I wuz dem).

But I still think Quim's gonna suck.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: