Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 22, 2014 at 02:03 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 27 [28] 29 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MGS Weight Loss 2008  (Read 18802 times)
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #270 on: Dec 08, 2008 at 06:09 »

Well, 265 came and went, in that I gained this week. Nothing different about my routine, just happens sometimes. Oh well...The quest continues.

Official weigh-in...

Started - 307
Today - 267.4
Lost - 39.6 pounds

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #271 on: Dec 08, 2008 at 12:22 »

Just a little hiccup Vin.

I'm still holding at 229.  I had a monster workout on Friday since I didn't make it to the gym Wed or Thurs last week.  My legs were so sore yesterday, and still today, I had to pass up bike riding yesterday when it was 60 degrees.  Not going to make it in on Wed or Thurs this week either, so I'm hitting it hard tonight and tomorrow.

Below is my obstacle course of food this week.

Wed - building wide day long pot luck at work called Griswald Graze day.  Folks go all out too. 
Thurs - Office holiday lunch.  Local Italian joint and have ordered Fetticunne Alfredo w Chicken.  Will eat 1/2 or less
Thursday Night - Dinner at a place with the absolute best fried chicken and corn fritters in Colorado.  I will definitely be ordering the grilled chicken plate.
Saturday night Mrs BV's work X-mas party at upscale steak place.  Most unbelievable place called Del Frisco's.  I'm going big for that.  I'm thinking Porterhouse steak and lots of drinks.

Stay on target - Stay on target . . .

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #272 on: Dec 08, 2008 at 12:32 »

Just a little hiccup Vin.

I'm still holding at 229. I had a monster workout on Friday since I didn't make it to the gym Wed or Thurs last week. My legs were so sore yesterday, and still today, I had to pass up bike riding yesterday when it was 60 degrees.

Wuss poke

Not going to make it in on Wed or Thurs this week either, so I'm hitting it hard tonight and tomorrow.

Wed - building wide day long pot luck at work called Griswald Graze day. Folks go all out too.
Thurs - Office holiday lunch. Local Italian joint and have ordered Fetticunne Alfredo w Chicken. Will eat 1/2 or less
Thursday Night - Dinner at a place with the absolute best fried chicken and corn fritters in Colorado. I will definitely be ordering the grilled chicken plate.
Saturday night Mrs BV's work X-mas party at upscale steak place. Most unbelievable place called Del Frisco's. I'm going big for that. I'm thinking Porterhouse steak and lots of drinks.

They're coming in too fast! sterb029

Good luck with maintaining this week BV, lots of good items on the plate for you. I will be attending a family dinner Sunday (Italian family) I am sure I am looking at not eating spaghetti, lasagna, other wonderful pasta.

I have decided to hop back on the recumbent exercise bike. Will try to hit is for 20 minutes/day, as life permits.
« Last Edit: Dec 08, 2008 at 13:34 by vinman3 » Logged

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #273 on: Dec 09, 2008 at 12:29 »

In Aruba, didn't care what I ate or drank, and lost a pound.  Since Thanksgiving, using the same principle, I'm back to 233# from 229#.  Of course, my exercise regimen has gone to hell and work is super busy & stressful.  Really, really want to get back under 230#.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #274 on: Dec 10, 2008 at 08:05 »

I have an extra bike.    wacko headbang

otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #275 on: Dec 10, 2008 at 09:31 »

I have an extra bike. 

It's the hypnotic tweed bike shorts that will be a bitch to find for Finny.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #276 on: Dec 10, 2008 at 10:37 »

I have an extra bike. 

It's the hypnotic tweed bike shorts that will be a bitch to find for Finny.

No... I gots them.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #277 on: Dec 10, 2008 at 11:48 »

No... I gots  them.

That's exactly how Lance lost his nut.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #278 on: Dec 12, 2008 at 08:35 »

Wed - building wide day long pot luck at work called Griswald Graze day.  Folks go all out too. 
Thurs - Office holiday lunch.  Local Italian joint and have ordered Fetticunne Alfredo w Chicken.  Will eat 1/2 or less
Thursday Night - Dinner at a place with the absolute best fried chicken and corn fritters in Colorado.  I will definitely be ordering the grilled chicken plate.
Saturday night Mrs BV's work X-mas party at upscale steak place.  Most unbelievable place called Del Frisco's.  I'm going big for that.  I'm thinking Porterhouse steak and lots of drinks.

OK - I managed pretty well so far this week.

Wed - Graze Day - Was a little late for the breakfast offerings, but essentially had a small serving of scrambled eggs with some small pieces of diced ham and a small piece of quiche.  For lunch I had salad, fruit (cherries and grapes) and turkey.  For the dessert portion I had a couple of small cookies and a sliver of pumpkin pie.  That was miracuously good considering the offerings.

Thurs - Managed to only eat half of my lunch sized portion of Fetticunne Alfredo W chicken.  For dinner I sidestepped the fried chicken, corn friters, and mashed taters.  Had broiled chicken breast with cranberry chutney and wild rice.

The last major road block is dinner on Sat.  I'm definitely having a steak.  I'm going to try with all the power vested in me, by Preach, to not order a Porterhouse (I think it's in the neighborhood of 36 ounces) and go with a 12 - 14 ouncer.  Might also have to go with a potato without the works.  All the veggies are in some sort of butter or cream sauce, so I'm going all Atkins, except for the tater and a coupla quarts of Vodka or Whiskey.

The weekend before X-mas the BV family makes a bunch of cookies and stuff for X-mas and neighborly gifts so I'll munch a few cookies next weekend, but that's it.

vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #279 on: Dec 12, 2008 at 08:47 »

Great job BV! Tough duty to stay focused when all the good stuff is around.  headbang

Pages: 1 ... 27 [28] 29 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: