Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 17, 2014 at 15:58 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 ... 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MGS Weight Loss 2008  (Read 18755 times)
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« on: Jan 02, 2008 at 13:18 »

As per BV's request, a 2008 MGS Weight Loss thread. Maybe, I can actually join in....again :(

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Jan 02, 2008 at 14:12 »

June 2007 - 245 lbs
August 2007 - 252 lbs
December 2007 230 lbs.

I will weigh in Friday for my official beginning 2008 weight.

Still hoping to be 225 by January 18.  Need to be 220 lbs or comfortable 36 inch waist by March 21.  That would be a loss of 10 lbs over 11 weeks.  Those are my short term goals.

By the end of 2008, I'd like to see some six-pack action in the abdominal region, be able to do 50 push ups (5 sets of 10) which would be almost a 100% increase,  be able to ride my mountain bike more efficiently, and complete a 35 mile trail ride.

I bought a new helmet before x-mas and recieved a 100 oz Camelbak and biking bag (gear bag) for X-mas.  Need to get bike tires with more aggressive tread and I'll be ready.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Jan 02, 2008 at 14:15 »

You probably don't need the helmet.

Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Jan 02, 2008 at 15:00 »

I definitely need some spinners on my bike!!!

I have only seen one or two shows, in part, of "The biggest Loser" but started watching the new season last night.  That is some serious motivation not to eat a bunch of crap while sitting on the couch watching TV.  I feel like a lard-ass just watching that show.  

Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Jan 04, 2008 at 08:04 »

Official weigh in for 2008 is 230.6 lbs.  :angry:  

Might be a bit inflated.  Haven't been on the dumper in two days, and, Brown Bear is knockin, but not ready to come out of hibernation!!!   :laugh:

Played racquet ball last night, only an hour though, and playing tomorrow morning for two hours.  Might have some liquor and something tasty for the game Sat night.  That will be my fatty meal for the week, since it was a short one with New Year's on Tuesday.  
« Last Edit: Jan 04, 2008 at 08:05 by Big Virgil » Logged

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Jan 04, 2008 at 08:31 »

Might be a bit inflated.  Haven't been on the dumper in two days, and, Brown Bear is knockin, but not ready to come out of hibernation!!!   :laugh:
One word:  Kashi.

In all seriousness, I can't remember the last time I skipped a day.  In fact, I can't remember the last time I didn't have at least two solids per, if not three.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Jan 04, 2008 at 09:19 »

Might be a bit inflated.  Haven't been on the dumper in two days, and, Brown Bear is knockin, but not ready to come out of hibernation!!!   :laugh:
One word:  Kashi.

In all seriousness, I can't remember the last time I skipped a day.  In fact, I can't remember the last time I didn't have at least two solids per, if not three.
YIKES!!!!  You better ease up on the Kashi throttle.  Every other day is good for me.  Less time commitment, but not too long between appointments.

I eat Fiber One cereal in the morning, or alternate mornings with Cream of Wheat since it fills me up a little bit more.  I was eating Fiber One snack bars (one per day) but more than two days in a row was too much for the system.  I need to get back to having one of those a couple of days per week.

I'm turning into a geezer!!!!!!

Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Jan 04, 2008 at 09:34 »

I actually haven't had any Kashi in a while, trying to reduce carbs.  One thing the Finman will not die of is shit backup, however.  

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Jan 08, 2008 at 08:08 »

BV added this to the health fight aresenal.  Scroll down a little bit for a description of the features.

Short version: It is a heart rate monitor and cycling computer.  Does all the heart rate stuff as well as perform a fitness test based on all the personal particulars to determine and track different target HR zones (based on the fit test and based on the standard of 220-age), calorie counter, etc.  Also has all of the cool bike computer info stuff, except for altimeter and temperature.  Can be used for any workout/activity as far as the heart rate info (bpm, target zones, min, max) and the calorie info.  Tracks calories burned over a period of time, etc.  It is also a watch.  This is mid range on the price scale, and had free shipping.  

http://www.heartratemonitorsusa.com/Pages/POLAR/CS300.html

I put on some pants today I haven't worn in about 3 weeks, and they fit noticeably different.  Seems like the fit is between 1/2 inch and 1 inch bigger.  Probably closer to 1/2 inch.  

So I got that going for me, which is nice!!!!!

Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Jan 11, 2008 at 07:52 »

HELLO - hello hello hello . . . (echo effect)

Anyone in here - here here here

Today I tipped the scale at 229.2  Down about 1.5 lbs.  At least things are going in the right direction. 220 is the goal, by 3rd week in March, and if I do better than that, that's OK too.

No racquetball since last weekend, but I have 2 hours lined up for tomorrow.  I'll get something in each day through Wednesday.  Heading out of town Thursday for the holiday weekend, but I should still get a few workouts in.
« Last Edit: Jan 11, 2008 at 08:52 by Big Virgil » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 ... 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: