Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 21, 2014 at 13:31 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 28 [29] 30   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MGS Weight Loss 2008  (Read 18662 times)
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #280 on: Dec 12, 2008 at 12:20 »

I think lean red meat is approx 140 calories for a 3 oz serving.  That makes a lean 12 ounce steak 560 calories by itself, not including anything else.  With drinks and a bird sized serving of whatever happy hour appetizers are served before dinner, I'm looking at an absolute minimum of 1,000 calories for dinner.  Probably closer to 1500+ for one meal.  Good thing Cigars in the lounge and a little eck02 won't add any calories!!!!!

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #281 on: Dec 15, 2008 at 06:36 »

Well, gained a little again this week. My body is liking the 268 range apparently. It will fall off again soon...I hope.

Official weigh-in...

Started - 307
Today - 268.0
Lost - 39.0 pounds

Now the bad...

Hello. My name is Vinman3 and I am a carboholic. Went to my Aunt's house yesterday (after the official weigh-in), friggin' great food everywhere. Everywhere. Lots of my favorite cookies, chocolate and peanut butter balls, pizza, lasagna, etc. I gorged myself. :hangingheadinshame: It was embarrassing. I ate myself nearly sick. Once I took the first bite, it was like an alcoholic with a drink. emoticon-suicide It really made me realize that I am hanging on a thread, and must keep my focus. It was the first time since July that I put more than 40 carbs in my body during a day. I also realize during the Christmas season, it may not be the last. I will stay under 20 carbs per day through the first two weeks of the new year, induction it shall be...Again. I also know it is very likely I will be over my carb allotment during Christmas Eve/Christmas Day and New Year's Eve. MGS Weight Loss 2009, here I come.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #282 on: Dec 15, 2008 at 06:41 »

One day won't kill you.

That said, there's no way in hell I'd be letting you or Joey Chestnut near my bathrooms today.

:hoppermadness:
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #283 on: Dec 15, 2008 at 06:45 »

One day won't kill you.

That said, there's no way in hell I'd be letting you or Joey Chestnut near my bathrooms today.

:hoppermadness:

LOL. Thanks Oat.

It's a hot night. The mind races. You think about your knife; the only friend who hasn't betrayed you, the only friend who won't be dead by sun up. Sleep tight, mates, in your quilted Chambray nightshirts.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #284 on: Dec 15, 2008 at 08:31 »

Getting a carb load once every week or two will not affect the long term result.  I compare it to having a "fat day" for people that eat a super low fat diet.  If you load up, for some reason, your body acknowledges it's getting those goods and continues to burn.

The bad thing about carbs, is the more you eat them, the more you crave them.  I ingest most of my carbs in the form of fruits and veggies and liquor.  If I eat one small bite sized candy bar, I'll eat a dozen of them.

Did OK at the food outing on Sat.  The apps were all seafood, which I don't care for, so I didn't have any.  Had small portions of two sides and inhaled the 26 ounce porterhouse.  Had way way too much liquor.  Yarfed up a lot of liquor and the sides, oddly enough (at about 4:00 a.m.), and felt much better.  I think that reduces the caloric intake by a huge amount.   clap headbang

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #285 on: Dec 15, 2008 at 14:07 »

Hang in there vinman.  But BV is right - you did yourself no favors in the craving department.  But he's also right that you did no harm for the long term goal.

But remember that it gets easier to rationalize a binge each time you cave.  The worst thing you can do now is beat yourself up over it.  Better to plan for it, do it and then move on down the road, knowing that you absolutely will not do it again until then next planned time and feeling no guilt for it.

Just my unprofessional opinion.

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #286 on: Dec 15, 2008 at 14:16 »

I definitely agree on the occasional carb not killing you.  As long as you're sticking to a long-range strategem of diet and exercise.  Which, seriously, my exercise has been out the fucking door, and I feel like a slug of late.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #287 on: Dec 15, 2008 at 14:26 »

Which, seriously, my exercise has been out the fucking door, and I feel like a slug of late.

Next time you go to Farmer Bob's, walk.
jonzr
Asst. VP, Jonzring
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Have a cup o' joe.

« Reply #288 on: Dec 15, 2008 at 14:30 »

Which, seriously, my exercise has been out the fucking door, and I feel like a slug of late.

Next time you go to Farmer Bob's, walk.

Hell, he's set traps all over the yard.  Now the varmints come to finny!

"I like David Bowie, he was always my favorite member of Tin Machine."
- Rodney Anonymous

It's a Steeler Nation
vinman3
Global Moderator
Old School Member

Master of the Obvious

« Reply #289 on: Dec 15, 2008 at 15:07 »

Thanks guys. I am back on the wagon...or is it off the wagon? Either way, low carbing it once again. It was an embarrassing amount of junk I ate Smiley I honestly do not feel I have deprived myself, been allowing myself some leeway to eat some things I would have never allowed myself to eat during my old Atkins attempts, so I think I will be fine. Did think it was different this time, and it is to some extent. But in the end, I am still a carb addict (corny as that sounds).

Pages: 1 ... 28 [29] 30   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: