Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Dec 21, 2014 at 13:44 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Carson Daly Sounds Off  (Read 1317 times)
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« on: Jan 03, 2008 at 11:51 »

Would you want your quarterback spouting this stuff?

I am amazed that a guy who is supposed to be so talented is such a whining pansy.  Not saying that I disagree with him, but let's point a few more fingers while we're at it, shall we...including one at yourself?

...to a stud RB who was hurt all year and under-utilized before that because the pretty boys want to throw the ball?

...to a WR who can't stay out of the crime report?

...to two loudmouth, crybaby WRs?

...to a guy with gold teeth who quits on any route that requires him to make effort or take a hit?

...to an overrated QB who is scared of the mouthy WRs, plays like a prima dona, and shows absolutely no heart or leadership skills in critical situations?  He tried to hand the game to the Browns in week 16.

Oh well, let's put the blame where it really lies, with Kimo von Olhoeffen.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Jan 03, 2008 at 11:56 »

I dunno.  The way that team is run, what's he supposed to do?  Take his lumps as the inmates run the asylum?  I'm not usually for someone breaking ranks with the team that egregiously, but if the team is in utter chaos...

Not that it's a bad thing, for us, natch.

Bengals are a fucking mess.  It's hilarious.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Jan 03, 2008 at 12:15 »

I dunno. The way that team is run, what's he supposed to do? Take his lumps as the inmates run the asylum?

Oh, don't get me wrong, I agree with him.  I just happen to think that he and a couple of his buddies are as much a part of the problem as the coaching staff.  And I'm not sure that you should call out anyone when, IMO, he did not play nearly as well as his stats would indicate.  I think it's time for HIM to step up and take charge no matter who the coach is.

pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Jan 03, 2008 at 23:10 »

"If I'm asked my opinion, I'll be more than happy to give it," Palmer said, according to the team's Web site. "I haven't been. This isn't my team. I'm the quarterback. If I can help in any way, I'd love to. I think I can be a valuable help and if a situation comes up, I'll help out."

OK, Carson.  First team kickoff coverage.

Candyass player on a candyass franchise.  

A shabby Charlie Brown.
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Jan 04, 2008 at 11:37 »

Palmer and others complained about the poor quality of the team's grass practice field and the lack of a covered facility for when the weather turns nasty.

When the Bengals moved into Paul Brown Stadium before the 2000 season, ownership had the option of covering a practice field at its expense. There is still no covered field, which is a drawback in recruiting free agents.

:laugh:

Don't know why that made me laugh as hard as it did.  Of all the things to bitch, moan and whine about...

"This year has been an eye-opener for everybody," receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh said. "We expected, worst-case scenario, that we were going into the playoffs as a wild card. It kind of wakes everybody up, myself included."

You know, this dude has quickly moved past guys like T.O., Moss and maybe even his own gold toothed teammate as the biggest prick playing wideout in the league.  Exactly what-the-motherfuck led you to expect a wildcard spot?  I guess it must've been all of those post-season appearances and wins they've racked up in the last ten years.

*eye roll*

Man, the sense of entitlement (and ignorance) emanating from that locker room is astounding.

"A lot of guys weren't attuned to winning," safety Dexter Jackson said. "They were attuned to getting a certain amount of yards or a certain amount of this instead of winning the game."

Big surprise that a relative outsider can see what the rest can't.

Oh, and SING DECKSTURD JAXSUN!!!!

Defensive end Justin Smith said the same thing: The locker room has some players who were more interested in themselves than the outcome. At times, they played like a team that wasn't very focused on what had to be done.

This cat (along with Willie Anderson, I think) is one of the few that have their head screwed on straight over there.  He's a UFA this year, I believe.  Pretty much the only defensive guy I would consider Pittsburgh signing as a FA from that squad.

"I thought about that a lot, man," Houshmandzadeh said. "It's almost like trying to do a Rubik's Cube."

:mellow:

Yeah, man.  Those are killer.  What a dipshit.

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Jan 04, 2008 at 12:28 »

Man, the sense of entitlement (and ignorance) emanating from that locker room is astounding.

Do you ever wonder how the stadium can fit all the heads in the locker rooms when the Bengals and Ravens play?  They have to be the two most DELUSIONAL teams in the NFL.  And I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'd choose the BROWNS over either one of these organizations right now.

Of course, that's kind of like choosing to have your scalp removed with a razor blade rather than a very sharp knife.  But still...

If I'm asked my opinion, I'll be more than happy to give it," Palmer said, according to the team's Web site. "I haven't been. This isn't my team. I'm the quarterback. If I can help in any way, I'd love to. I think I can be a valuable help and if a situation comes up, I'll help out."

And that is why you are part of the problem instead of the solution, Carson...and why you need to shut your friggin mouth.  It's NOT your team?  What the crap?

Can you imagine Brady, Ben, or Manning...or even Jeff Garcia...saying something like that?  Oh, yeah, they'll always defer to the team over themselves (when things are going well)...but holy crap, Manning sent the friggin punt team OFF THE FIELD in a playoff game and TOLD the coach that they were going for it!!!  I'd say that he's taking it on as HIS team.  I can't even imagine Cleo Lemon making a candyass comment like that.

Oh well, all the better for us.  It will be fun to watch their continued collapse next season.  By the way, where is Frostee Rucker these days?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: