Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Apr 23, 2014 at 10:00 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Poll
Question: How far do you think the Steelers make it in the playoffs?
Lose to Jacksonville in the Wild Card round. - 9 (32.1%)
Beat Jacksonville, lose in the AFC Divisional round. - 10 (35.7%)
Beat JAX and upset NE/IND, but lose in the AFC Championship. - 3 (10.7%)
Run the table in the AFC, but lose in the Super Bowl. - 0 (0%)
Win it all, baby.  Win it all. - 6 (21.4%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steelers Playoff Predictions  (Read 1537 times)
Winters in Holland
Brownstains can suck my Member

« on: Jan 04, 2008 at 09:56 »

Also, please respond with one fearless playoff prediction.

My prediction:

For whatever reason, I can't shake the thought of an unlikely meeting between the Tennessee Titans and Pittsburgh Steelers at Heinz Field for the AFC Championship.

Then last night, I had a dream that the Steelers and Titans were tied at 17 heading into overtime, so I have to go with that, however unlikely it may seem.

.WiH.

I don't care if Lovie Smith and Tony Dungy are black. Good for them. But that doesn't change the way I feel about them. The longer we keep looking at guys like Tony Dungy and Lovie Smith as "BLACK HEAD COACHES" as opposed to just "coaches" the longer race will continue to be a problem. --DoctorJohnnyFever
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2008 at 11:45 »

"Playoffs?  PLAYOFFS??!!"

When did the season start?

Patriots go "one and done."

Chrgrs and Pckrs supper bwl 34 41

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #2 on: Jan 04, 2008 at 12:47 »

Jags 24
Steelers 10

Jags vs Cowboys in SB

Jags win 40-32

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
BleedGreen710

« Reply #3 on: Jan 04, 2008 at 13:29 »

My gut tells me we lose to the Jags.  My heart is praying for a win.  If we do get by the Jags, I don't see us beating New England.  

However, if by some crazy chance we beat the Jags, and then New England or Indy, we won't lose.  We'll win outright.

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 3rd round draft pick.
jcharding

« Reply #4 on: Jan 04, 2008 at 13:36 »

I think we win this week solely because of Ben.  

Quite simply, aside from Ben, there is no reason whatsoever to think we even can win this week.  Our OL is a shambles.  The star RB is out.  Our starting WRs haven't played a game together in I don't know how long.  Our defense has suddenly turned into something I don't even recognize.  Our return game is nonexistant and we continue to have on and off difficulties on covering kicks.  We have a rookie HC who last experienced the playoffs when he was below the coordinator level (and that was what, 3-4 years ago?).  

We do, however, have Ben.  I think that will be the difference.  Aside from this week, unless the D suddenly remembers who they are, even with Ben playing well I don't think we can beat Indy or NE this year.

I don't need no stinking avatar!
Finnegans Wake
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Jan 04, 2008 at 13:39 »

One game at a time, kids.  I'll be very happy and surprised if we win this week.  And that's as far as I can realistically look.  Not expecting much, but when I set the bar low the boys do tend to surprise me.

Out of my mind on Saturday night...
otismalibu
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Jan 04, 2008 at 13:44 »

I think we win this week solely because of Ben.

Agreed.

That and you can't stop Allen Rossum. You can only hope...

BleedGreen710

« Reply #7 on: Jan 04, 2008 at 13:47 »

Ben is definitely the only chance we have of doing anything in the playoffs.  

If Ben can perform miracles like we've seen him do in the past, and all season long, we have a shot of winning a game or two.  However, our D will have to at worst, be average.  Not terrible like they have been.  If they continue to suck ass at the rate they've been sucking, I don't think even Ben can keep us afloat.  Its just asking too much from one person.  

Here's hoping though, that our defense re-locates their pride, and comes out hungry to prove the naysayers wrong.  

"Now that I'm here, I don't want to just be here, I want to be here for a long time." Hines Ward, 1998 3rd round draft pick.
Winters in Holland

« Reply #8 on: Jan 04, 2008 at 14:00 »

While we're on the topic of Ben, has anyone seen that charity add that he and Rocky Bleier made cameos in?

When Roethlisberger has long hair, and has it slicked back like he does, he looks like "Future Biff" from Back to the Future II.

.WiH.

I don't care if Lovie Smith and Tony Dungy are black. Good for them. But that doesn't change the way I feel about them. The longer we keep looking at guys like Tony Dungy and Lovie Smith as "BLACK HEAD COACHES" as opposed to just "coaches" the longer race will continue to be a problem. --DoctorJohnnyFever
mrblack66

« Reply #9 on: Jan 04, 2008 at 15:36 »

feeling it for tomorrow night
not so much for next weekend but that would change of course if they win tomorrow night.  

I'm not cryin'. It's just been raining... on my face.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: