Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 29, 2014 at 00:21 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Poll
Question: How far do you think the Steelers make it in the playoffs?
Lose to Jacksonville in the Wild Card round. - 9 (32.1%)
Beat Jacksonville, lose in the AFC Divisional round. - 10 (35.7%)
Beat JAX and upset NE/IND, but lose in the AFC Championship. - 3 (10.7%)
Run the table in the AFC, but lose in the Super Bowl. - 0 (0%)
Win it all, baby.  Win it all. - 6 (21.4%)
Total Voters: 0

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Steelers Playoff Predictions  (Read 1619 times)
vcuram
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #10 on: Jan 04, 2008 at 20:37 »

feeling it for tomorrow night
not so much for next weekend but that would change of course if they win tomorrow night.
Same here.  I think we beat the Jags 24-17, then lose to the Pats.

I've thrown a kettle over a pub before.  What the fuck have you ever done?
padgfrombf

« Reply #11 on: Jan 04, 2008 at 23:48 »

Wouldn't be surprised if you see something different like Hoke at DE or Woodley on the line as a faux-DE to give Jax something else to look at on Saturday.

The only reason that the Jags aren't favored by more than a couple is that Del Rio is going to have a predictable game plan that LeBeau may well be able to counter, if the Steelers don't implode on offense.
give'emthaboot
Old School Member

« Reply #12 on: Jan 05, 2008 at 12:35 »

while i dont feel too confident about tonite the way this team has been bitten by the injury bug, i still just dont see the Jags beating us twice at home.  also agree with padg about Jax's game plan, they do one thing really well and thats run the ball.  if LeBeau and the boys can come up with a plan to compensate for Aaron Smith's absence (which hasnt even come close to happening since he went down) than there is no way David Garrard can win the game for them.  airing the ball out early and often (a la the XL run) is the only way this team is going anywhere.  we've already learned the Steelers cant "outphysical" Jacksonville, so we gotta jump ahead and force Garrard into making plays, which i dont think he is capable of.

Steelers win 27-17, they jump out to a 13-0 lead and take away the running game.  Ben ends up throwing for 220 and 3.

fearless prediction:  the Heinz turf, a bit chippy after Fragile Freddy's comments earlier in the week, grabs a hold of Taylor's foot and he tears a knee ligament or two.  *snicker*

'Oh, my, James Harrison is not going to the White House, he must be a devil worshiper!'
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #13 on: Jan 05, 2008 at 14:37 »

Hoke is definitely playing DE some tonight. I've got sources. Kirschke's gonna start though.

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
Y2Joyce
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #14 on: Jan 05, 2008 at 14:45 »

Can the Jags make XPs yet? Last time here they looked circus-like in their ineptness.

Andre Davis told me last week that they surely can't cover kickoffs.

Our defense finished #1 in the NFL, no? According to my calculations that means we finished better off than Jaguars did.

Jacksonville matches up with us so great because they are a typical Steeler physical team? Sooo we're not used to seeing it? They've got a strong running game and a QB that does just enough. Etc etc.

Our QB does more than enough and is playing just as well as any typical Steeler QB ever has.

F the Jags.

Steelers 24
Jaguars 9 (they can't make XPs, dammit!)
Ben 3 TDs (Nate, Nate, Hines)

Steelers 58-15 when I am in attendance.
skate919

« Reply #15 on: Jan 05, 2008 at 15:19 »

After all those years of the Pats sticking it to us in our house, I could think of no better retribution than the Steelers going into their house and sticking it to the Pats' bandwagon fans during their best season ever. If the Steelers win today, it's going to be in a relative blowout with Big Ben leading the charge and the D stepping up with those ever-elusive turnovers. If Dookie puts it on the turf it's all over. I am going to be making as much noise as friggin possible tonight.  
mzimmerman81
Old School Member

« Reply #16 on: Jan 05, 2008 at 20:27 »

I will predict the Steelers fucking suck

2007 MGS Bracket Challenge Winner
ben2hines4six

Proud member of STEELER NATION!!!!!!

« Reply #17 on: Jan 05, 2008 at 20:50 »

The saddest part about this is that I could not even get hyped up enough for them in the playoffs to be all that disappointed. I thought Pitt would get owned tonight, and so far that is proving to be completely true. There just was not enough shown by this team to expect anything more than a one and done. I would LOVE to be proven wrong, but i just don't see it happening. FWIW, I love Ben too, but this game reminds me of his performance vs the jets in the playoffs in yr one....not good.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: