Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Oct 23, 2014 at 10:27 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 ... 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: FUCK YOU, ARIANS!!!!!  (Read 4581 times)
aj_law
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« on: Jan 05, 2008 at 22:40 »

QB SWEEP????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111111

We suck because our drafts have been THE SUCK.
blurjose
N00b

« Reply #1 on: Jan 05, 2008 at 22:42 »

Possibly the worst call I have seen all season. This trumps them all.

And where is Tomlin? BA may be the OC but as the head coach he needs to say, "No, that's a piece of shit call."

BA needs to be fired.  Tomlin needs to learn from that as well.

polishpower
No longer a N00b!

« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2008 at 23:06 »

AMEN on the 3rd and 5 playcall being the worst of the year.  I would have also thrown on 2nd.  But I'm not ready to lynch Arians just yet.  He has a great relationship with Ben.  He has been working with a shotty o-line all year.  If not for some good calls, we would not have even been in the game (the slant to Holmes, etc.)  Sitting him aside and telling him we win and lose with Ben's arm (not legs) is an easy remedy.  

Also, the special teams should take a good share of the blame.  You expect to net over 30 yards on punts.   That is a coach that should be axed as they underperform in every aspect on special teams.  

Let the draft prepping begin.  

msdmnr2002
Old School Member

« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2008 at 23:26 »

AMEN on the 3rd and 5 playcall being the worst of the year. I would have also thrown on 2nd. But I'm not ready to lynch Arians just yet. He has a great relationship with Ben. He has been working with a shotty o-line all year. If not for some good calls, we would not have even been in the game (the slant to Holmes, etc.) Sitting him aside and telling him we win and lose with Ben's arm (not legs) is an easy remedy.

I agree the play to Holmes was nice, but you don't get off the hook for a host of poor calls because your playmaker makes a play for you in a clutch situation.  Why didn't we see that more?  Why did we go away from what worked so well on the first drive?  He shouldn't have to be told we win or lose with Ben's arm.  anyone who's been watching this team for the last four years knows that.

Anyone else catch that stat they threw up there before the last play?  Ben has more 4th quarter comebacks than anyone in the league since 2004 (13).  I'll bet not many of those were done via the QB sweep.

Yes, the Oline's been horrible, but if that's the case, you have to adjust your gameplan to work to their strengths (or at least minimize the weaknesses).  Then when you figure it out, stick with it until the opponent actually stops you once or twice.

He probably won't go, but I think he should be fired.  
steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Jan 05, 2008 at 23:45 »

He probably won't go, but I think he should be fired.
He probably won't be fired. Tomlin will point to the OL problems and the fact Ben had a great year and likes him and FWP was leading the league in rushing. Bullocks. He fucking sucks pure and simple. Fades on the goaline, QB sweeps to ice the game, WR and middle screens in the RZ, the list goes on.

This team doesn't need a power back. This team doesn't need another weapon for Ben. This team doesn't need a power FB. This team needs an OC who is not afraid to call Ben's number when the game is on the line. This team needs an OC who is not afraid to pass it 25x in a row if that's what it takes to win. This team needs an OC who is going to call 83's number 10x a game, every fucking game.

Obviously the Steelers need serious OL help, but that certainly doesn't let that POS BA off the hook. No. Fucking. Clue.
JackSplat
Jerk Store Proprietor
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Jan 05, 2008 at 23:48 »

where have yinzers been all year?  this nob slobber has been making crap calls like this all year long.  after the first kick in your teeth drive, i think arians soiled the rest of the playbook when he was shocked it worked so methodically for the very first drive.

He will NOT be fired unfortunately, due mostly in part to the production of Ben and Willie Parker.  and TBH, im not sure if i can stomach another year of playcalling from an obvious cleveland brown pajama wearing asshole!

Jerry, it's Frank Costanza, Mr.
Steinbrenner is here, George is dead, call me back!
nate07
N00b

« Reply #6 on: Jan 06, 2008 at 00:17 »

Possibly the worst call I have seen all season. This trumps them all.

And where is Tomlin? BA may be the OC but as the head coach he needs to say, "No, that's a piece of shit call."

BA needs to be fired.  Tomlin needs to learn from that as well.
Why not a quick slant to Ward??? The jags haven't stopped him all game. Ward is almost always money in those situations!!!! Nooooo, BA calls a QB sneak. Lets just send out the white flag.  

Absolutely.terrible.
jcharding
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #7 on: Jan 06, 2008 at 08:40 »

Before we completely crucify Arians, just remember that Jax ran a very similar play (on 4th and the season, no less) and it won them the game.

Yes, ours didn't work.  But it was compounded by poor punt coverage (Jax got the ball on the 50).  I don't think it was unreasonable to rely on the D and play it safe on our QB sneak - Jax had less than 200 yards for the game, and virtually all of their scores were set up by the D and special teams.

Hopefully Arians will improve, because I can't see him going anywhere after 1 year.

I don't need no stinking avatar!
napgamer
N00b

« Reply #8 on: Jan 06, 2008 at 08:49 »

I don't think BA will be fired as Ben did put up big stats but as they say stats are not always the truth.  The one person I hope and pray will be fired is the special teams coach Bob Ligashesky.  This was the most pathetic special teams in the league and I cringed every time they came on the field.  He should have been fired right after the game.  This team cost us at least 3 games on its own and you can't blame the defense for scores from special teams.  If he isn't fired it's goning to be a long season next year.

154th NY forever.
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #9 on: Jan 06, 2008 at 09:47 »

Before we completely crucify Arians, just remember that Jax ran a very similar play (on 4th and the season, no less) and it won them the game.

Yes, ours didn't work.  But it was compounded by poor punt coverage (Jax got the ball on the 50).  I don't think it was unreasonable to rely on the D and play it safe on our QB sneak - Jax had less than 200 yards for the game, and virtually all of their scores were set up by the D and special teams.

Hopefully Arians will improve, because I can't see him going anywhere after 1 year.
You have got to be kidding me.  You must be saying the Jags o line and the Steeler o line are comparable.  You must also be saying that Ben can run a 4.6 40 like Gerard.  The other difference here is Gerard up the middle vs a sweep for Ben.

Maybe I should put in for a D assistant, becasue I told Mrs. BV before the play that Gerrard was going to run it.  It was probably obvious to most.  I actually don't know (yeah some d assistant) if they were anticipating the run or not.

The sweep for Ben was one of the worst, out of the 200 possible, play calls this year.  I understand punting on 4th down and letting your D win the game, but I'm talking about trying to pich up the mother fucking 1st down.  That was the biggest limp dick play call on the mother fucking planet.  I still can't fucking believe it.

Ben pretty much threw the game away, but he and the offense fot them back in it.  I think the D played pretty well.

As bad as the playcalling and as horrible one or two of the picks were, I think Tomlin outsmarted himself with the 2 point conversions.  Ole Madden hit the nail on the head.  They shouldn't even think about it until there is only 5 or 6 minutes left in the game.  I guess Tomlin gets a rookie pass on this one.

How about Hines Ward catching that negated conversion pass, and getting his feet down, while gettign his head riped off?  What a stud.

The offseason should be interesing with the o-lin issues and signings or restructures.
« Last Edit: Jan 06, 2008 at 09:48 by Big Virgil » Logged

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
Pages: [1] 2 ... 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: