Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Nov 26, 2014 at 17:25 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A few bright spots in tonight's affair  (Read 402 times)
nate07
N00b

« on: Jan 06, 2008 at 00:08 »

I think their are a few bright things you can take from the game it.

First, after being dow 18 points with 5 minutes left in the 3rd quarter, the team kept fighting when they could of just rolled over and died. Plus you have to consider we were without or starting RB and a o-line.

Ben proved to be a true leader today, and I can only imagine what he would do with a decent o-line and his starting running back. Holmes made a nice play on a quick slant for the TD, a similar play to the one he scored on in Balt. I wish we ran more of them!!!  

Second our defense was solid today. If it wasn't for the poor special teams play, and turnovers on offense, the jags would have been held under 14 points. At least half of their points came off of good starting position from turnovers and big returns. Also, we had some important interceptions when we needed them in the 2nd half. Plus I think it time to start Woodley. He played like a beast today, ended up with  around 2 sacks.  

Finally, Ward played awesome today. He played his heart out. I think he ended up with something like 10 grabs for 135. He proved he can still be an elite wr in this league. You guys see the block he put on the jags left defensive lineman on ben's sweep on 3rd down at the end of the game? It was sweet, he blindsided him and leveled him to the ground. Also, nice to see Heath gets some catches tonite.      

All I know is this team could be deadly next year with some better playcalling, better o-line play, and an actual return game. I think its time to find a new o-line coach and special teams coach!!!  
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: