Maximum Grilled Steelers Forum
Aug 21, 2014 at 23:11 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Forum   Help Calendar Media Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey, Ben!  (Read 719 times)
PittsburghPA
Old School Member

« on: Jan 06, 2008 at 01:51 »

Every now and then, if nothing is there, maybe you should THROW THE MUTHAAH-FUCKIN' BALL AWAY!!!

Way to lead a comeback, but goddamn it; there's no glory in grabbing a fire hose after YOU set the fire in the first place!

You're NOT an elite NFL QB until you learn how to throw the ball away when necessary.

Q: What's the difference between "hard" and "light"?
A: You can sleep with a light on.
jcharding
Brownstains can suck my Member

« Reply #1 on: Jan 06, 2008 at 08:42 »

Ben knew that the only way we were going to win the game is if he played exceptionally well, and I think he might have pressed ever so slightly after the big Jax KO return.

That said, I think only the first INT was truly awful.  The second INT was a result of a CB playing underneath coverage coming off his man and chasing Najeh down.  I give credit to the Jax defender on that one, although Ben was clearly trying to make  a play.  THe third INT was just bad luck, and an unfortunate part of throwing screens.

I don't need no stinking avatar!
napgamer
N00b

« Reply #2 on: Jan 06, 2008 at 08:52 »

I would rather see Ben try hard every play then have one of the other qb's in the league.  If you want to see pathetic QB play try watching Eli Manning.  Being from the NY area we see him alot.  He's scared to death on every pass play.  Thank god We have BEN!!!!!!!!

154th NY forever.
scballersc

Saw Ben on Halloween (pre-Milledgeville)

« Reply #3 on: Jan 06, 2008 at 09:06 »

That said, I think only the first INT was truly awful.
« Last Edit: Jan 06, 2008 at 09:06 by scballersc » Logged
Big Virgil
Old School Member

« Reply #4 on: Jan 06, 2008 at 10:02 »

That said, I think only the first INT was truly awful.

Looks like you've been missing a lot of work lately.
I wouldn't say I've been *missing* it, Bob.
DCSteelers
Old School Member

« Reply #5 on: Jan 06, 2008 at 12:01 »

And why was he throwing it to Davenport?   His other WRs can't get open.

One of the high priorities in the draft.... but I prefer FA, is to get Ben another weapon that can stretch the field vertically.

steelerfaninCO
Old School Member

« Reply #6 on: Jan 06, 2008 at 12:44 »

And why was he throwing it to Davenport?   His other WRs can't get open.

One of the high priorities in the draft.... but I prefer FA, is to get Ben another weapon that can stretch the field vertically.
Mr Holmes was wide open on the play. The same guy who led all WR's with at least 50 catches in APC at over 18. The same guy who was a #1 pick. The same guy who led the team in TD rec. The same guy who scored a 39 yard TD last night. The same guy who scored a long TD against the Raturds last week. Oh and the former SB MVP had two catches over 30 yards and finished with 135 yards. And there was an unstoppable force (also a #1 pick) out there wearing #83. On the aforementioned play, BR has GOT to throw that away. That pick is all on BR.

I just don't see the more weapons thing. There are plenty of people out there capable of making plays and creating separation. Holmes was only in his second year. He will continue to get better. Call me crazy, but  high priority's in the draft are OL, OL, OL ,OL, OL, DL, DL, FS, FS ,FS.

pensodyssey
Halfsharkalligator halfman.
Global Moderator
Old School Member

« Reply #7 on: Jan 06, 2008 at 12:54 »

We are pretty close to stacked in the "weapons" department IMO, provided a full recovery from FWP.  What we need is an OC with imagination (I mean, how many times did they run the WR screen this year?  I know, it got us a first down against Miami, but come the fuck on.) and some pretty significant upgrades on the line.

A shabby Charlie Brown.
Preacherman0
Old School Member

« Reply #8 on: Jan 06, 2008 at 13:05 »

Mr Holmes was wide open on the play. The same guy who led all WR's with at least 50 catches in APC at over 18. The same guy who was a #1 pick. The same guy who led the team in TD rec.

Uh, thank you for saying it.  Holmes was standing right in front of Ben's face, but Ben chose to go for the big play.  Bad, bad decision--hit the open man or just throw it away.  

I saw a lot of our receivers that were wide friggin open, a TE that was finally involved fully in the passing game, and RBs who made great plays in the passing game.  IMO, it just goes to prove what we've been saying:  When Ben and the playcalling take what the defense is giving, we move the ball at will.  When we insist on running the ball on first/second or continue to throw 7-step drops, we're vulnerable.  Everyone knows it's coming, so short/ middle is wide open, and we have to take advantage of it.

We have traded Christ for the religion of Christianity.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: